The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1)I'm left-handed..
2) she was spinning both ways..clockwise and anti-clockwise..Weird :woo:
3) Erm..I was reading the saying the colour, not the word..
but the test is kinda confusing..

Still, lov'd doing tests like this :smile:
I had issues.
1. I'm right handed
2. At first I saw it anti-clockwise then it changed to clockwise
3. I did a mix; I tried to say the colours and for others, i read the colour.

So I'm not sure.

Every other test before has said I'm left brained though
I'm right handed
The dancer went clockwise at first but if I closed my eyes then re-opened then she'd go the other way
I found that fairly easy, Dr Kawashima's brain-training on the DS :P It would have been easier to read the words though
Ummm... I can change from clock-wise to anti-clockwise when I want- With ease...
Reply 24
The hand thing is wrong Yes the majority right handed people use the left hemi, but so do 90% of left handed people.

sorry
Reply 25
anyone who says the girl is going anti-clockwise I don't get, when her face is pointing towards you her right leg starts to move to the left.
try and imagine looking from above => she is clearly turning clockwise
Reply 26
1) Right-handed
2) Anti-clockwise to begin with... now it's clockwise. Aaah back to anti-clockwise. No, most definitely something wrong with the animation - it slows down when she changes direction.
3)Fairly easy.

EDIT: On the slowed-down version I can easily swap from clockwise to anti-clockwise.
Reply 27
1) Right handed so left brain.
2) I could easily say the colour, right brain.
3) Clockwise at first, then anti clockwise. Right or left, im kinda in between overall..
1. Right-handed
2. Dancer going clockwise, for a second saw it anti-clockwise then lost it.
3. Read the colours fairly easily
1) Right handed
2) Definitely clockwise. I tried to make her go anticlockwise, but it made my brain hurt (both sides in equal measure!)
3) Not too much trouble, though if I was under pressure I'd probably slip up.

I did one of these left/right brain tests a while ago and it said I was 51% left/ 49% right.
Reply 30
I feel like those tests are overly simplistic, as I found it very easy to "say" the colour.....without reading the lettering, but only saw the dancer going anticlockwise.

As for the eyes, I'm near-sighted in my right eye, and far sighted in my left. So when I'm not wearing my glasses (and even when I do) I have a tendency to shut the eye that's useless for the task....otherwise, I just get a headache!

More in depth tests prove worthy here, or some introspection. I know that I'm right brained because of the way I interact with my world, I say (always) that, "I feel ______," rather than, "I think ______." Details bore me, and I spend much more time "big picturing" issues than nitpicking them to death. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Reply 31
1) Left handed.
2) Clockwise (although sometimes the dancer appeared to be going anti-clockwise).
3) It was clearly easier to read the words, but I didn't really struggle too much with saying the colours. The only one I seemed to struggle with was 'Tan' for some reason.
tazarooni89
"Popular psychology tends to make broad and sometimes pseudoscientific generalizations about certain functions (e.g. logic, creativity) being lateral, that is, located in either the right or the left side of the brain. Researchers often criticize popular psychology for this, because the popular lateralizations often are distributed across both hemispheres, although mental processing is divided between them."

This.

This wont be a very accurate presentation, unfortunately.
1) Right Handed
2) Clockwise initially, could then get her to go either way when thinking really hard about it
3) Easy
mf2004
anyone who says the girl is going anti-clockwise I don't get, when her face is pointing towards you her right leg starts to move to the left.
try and imagine looking from above => she is clearly turning clockwise

No, you can see it either way. Because it's only a silhouette, you can't tell which was she's facing at any one point. If you look at the slowed down version, you can see how she could be facing forward or backward at any one time.
1) Right handed.
2) At first it was anti-clockwise, then it changed to clockwise.
3) Relatively easy.
Reply 36
Nandika
OK, need some help. Have a 5 min. presentation to do on whether you are left brained or right brained :smile:

For those who are interested in what they are, here are some tests:

1) Are you left or right handed? Each hemisphere controls the OPPOSITE side, therefore if you are left handed you are RIGHT brained, if you are right handed you are LEFT brained.

2) http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html

3) How easy do you find this? http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/left-brain-right-brain-conflict.jpg

Does any one else know any other tests? Is it true that the left brain controls the right eye and right or left or is that not true for eyes (because they are controlled by the brain part at the back!

Any help much appreciated!

XxxxX

1) Right handed...but apparently left handed in some actions (watch on right wrist, cutlery different way round to most right handers)
2) Dancer started going clockwise, but changed to anti clockwise after a while. :confused:
3) Pretty easy tbh...some slight hesitations, but not massive ones or any mix ups.

Hope that helps.
Reply 37
1) I'm right-handed
2) It changes every time I see this pic. Last time it was going clockwise, this time anti-clockwise
3) I was mixing my languages rather than the name of the colour and the actual colour. I'd go "Yaune" or "Purplet" for "yellow/jaune" and "purple/violet". So left-left conflict here, according to the article.
- Right Handed
- The image was clockwise however could change it with focusing
- I was able to do both tasks on the colour sheet without hesitation or difficulty :tongue: .
Reply 39
1. i'm right handed
2. first time i looked it went clockwise, then i looked away and back again and it went the other way.
3. yeah, i can say the colours - thought i have done that before on my sisters ds brain training game.

2 out of 3 say im right-brained, yet personally, i'm not creative, and see my self as a science person, who is a schemer and planner ie. the character of a left brained person!

Cool quiz thing tho! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending