The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NCIShippo
1. i'm right handed
2. first time i looked it went clockwise, then i looked away and back again and it went the other way.
3. yeah, i can say the colours - thought i have done that before on my sisters ds brain training game.

2 out of 3 say im right-brained, yet personally, i'm not creative, and see my self as a science person, who is a schemer and planner ie. the character of a left brained person!

Cool quiz thing tho! :smile:

Why do you feel the need to say 'from NCIS' in your signature? If they dont recognise the names, quotes or pictures let alone relate it to your screen name they dont deserve to know the brilliance of NCIS...
1) Leftie.
2) Either way! At first she went anti-c. Then she went C. I looked away and she was still C. Then she went anti-c!
3) Ok once you get used to it!
Reply 42
1) Right handed
2) Clockwise although I could make her go counter-clockwise easily.... and then clockwise again... you see my point!
3) Amazingly easy! Took me a few seconds and I wasn't really tempted to say the word... :tongue:
1) I am left-handed.

2) I saw the dancer turning clockwise but I swear after a while, the graphic changed to anti-clockwise without my concentrating especially hard, so it's a cheat!

3) Really very easy.
Reply 44
Sanyore
I've always been rather sceptical of these tests. I'm right-handed, after being forced (more or less) to change from left-handed when I was young. I can make the girl move both ways, and I found that thing pretty hard.

Anyway, what I've been sceptical about is the claim that the hand you use as your primary hand determines the side of the brain you choose; does that mean people who've switched hands at an early age have effectively altered how they use their brain? seems rather strange.

I agree the handed one is less accurate ( i actually mention that in the presentation :biggrin: ) I think this is mainly due to the fact that it become such habit that you can't really switch back. Of course one hand is stronger, that's cos you've been using it for years, but you could have been ambiguous when you started writing, or picked a random side (or like you, been forced to change) sounds like you are pretty whole brained though, which is arguably the best to be :tongue:

XxxxX
1) right handed
2) she goes clockwise, and no matter how hard I try I can't make her go counter-clockwise
3) not very hard
Reply 46
mf2004
anyone who says the girl is going anti-clockwise I don't get, when her face is pointing towards you her right leg starts to move to the left.
try and imagine looking from above => she is clearly turning clockwise

Hehe. To make it change directions try looking at her shadow and then looking back up, looking away then looking back, or another thing that can help is to put your finger on the screen and literally follow her foot as it moves to make it change...

How it works is: she is actually not spinning at all, her leg is simply going left and right and stretching as it does so, but of course our brain wants to complete the picture and fits it into our previous recollections of this action which is spinning!

In actually fact there is no right or wrong way. The fact that you find it hard could indicate that you are very right brained (not a bad thing =] I am too) are you very creative / visually based by any chance?

http://homeworktips.about.com/od/learningstyles/a/rightbrain.htm

XxxxX
Reply 47
nikki_louise
1) right handed
2)anti-clockwise and the list of things for a left sided brain are so like me
3) really hard kept saying saying the word and not colour

~miffy~
yep i think thats true about the eyes (right field of vision is processed by left side of brain, and vice versa) think its true for hearing as well, although someone correct me if im wrong

edit:

1) im right handed
2) i saw the dancer go anti-clockwise, but after looking at it for a while it went clockwise
3) took me a few seconds to actually say what colour the word was, not what the word was saying :p: hehe

vintage_007
1. I'm right-handed
2. She started off antu-clockwised but I'm pretty positive that she changes direction A LOT in the animation
3. Saying the words was definitely easier, but I could do the colours too, although the red confused me a bit! x

You are very left brained (not a bad thing!) You are logic based if that's of interest to you, you probably like Maths and Science best.

You can take the quiz or just go straight down to see what left brained students are like http://homeworktips.about.com/od/learningstyles/a/leftrightbrain.htm :biggrin:

Mine was scarily accurate, right down to lying down while reading for some reason :confused:

XxxxX
Reply 48
1. Right handed.
2. Always goes anti-clockwise and I cannot seem to get her to go clockwise no matter how hard I focus.
3. Find it relatively easy to say the colour instead of the word, although initially I find myself wanting to say the word rather than the colour.
Reply 49
1) I am right-handed. But I hold a knife and fork as if I was left-handed. :biggrin:
2) She was almost always going clockwise. She did go anti-clockwise once. But I couldn't make her go anti-clockwise on purpose.
3) It was extremely easy to just say the colour. I tried just reading the words instead too, and that was pretty easy, but I did stumble once and say the colour instead of the word. :wink:
Reply 50
Right handed
Anti clockwise (don't know how anyone could see it clockwise lol)
Easy
Reply 51
1) right handed
2) saw it go clockwise.. but i managed to focus and see the opposite too
3) hmm.. i had smth like a task on my mind, not to say the written colours, so i guess it doesn't rly count. would've been easier and more natural to say them though :smile:
1.Right handed
2.Anti Clockwise (really messed my mind up that did. How the hell can it go one way or the other? it did go clockwise sometimes too!!! freaky!)
3.Easy peasy
Reply 53
I can make bouncy lady go either way.
Reply 54
The Procrastinator
2.Anti Clockwise (really messed my mind up that did. How the hell can it go one way or the other? it did go clockwise sometimes too!!! freaky!)

Because it's a 2D silhouette that just slides left and right. The leg simply goes from fully extended left to fully extended right, whether it's coming forward or backward it looks identical, as the picture is solid black and has no depth. Thus, every time the leg "changes direction", ie. the lifted leg stops "growing" in one direction and starts "shrinking" it's possible to see the figure also change the direction of its illusionary spin.
Planto
Because it's a 2D silhouette that just slides left and right. The leg simply goes from fully extended left to fully extended right, whether it's coming forward or backward it looks identical, as the picture is solid black and has no depth. Thus, every time the leg "changes direction", ie. the lifted leg stops "growing" in one direction and starts "shrinking" it's possible to see the figure also change the direction of its illusionary spin.

So basically, it's a mind feck. :biggrin: Thanks for the explanation though, I could have had a sleepless night there!

But how do I know if I am left or right brained if it can go either way for me?? Do I just go with the direction it was going in the moment I looked at it?
Reply 56
The Procrastinator
So basically, it's a mind feck. :biggrin: Thanks for the explanation though, I could have had a sleepless night there!

But how do I know if I am left or right brained if it can go either way for me?? Do I just go with the direction it was going in the moment I looked at it?

I think the idea is that you take whatever it "defaults" to when you just look. But I'm skeptical about the whole "left brain-right brain" idea anyway.
1. Right handed
2. At first it was obviously going clockwise, then as I stared at it it just kept changing direction every so often, itbegan to scare me, so I stopped lol.
3. First one was a bit dodgey, the rest, easy.

And as for http://homeworktips.about.com/od/lea...rightbrain.htm
it told me I was 'middle brained'... ta.
I am right handed and can only see the dancer go clockwise. The words were easy.
joeyXCORE
saw the dancer go the opposite way every time i looked at it tbh - and the colour thing was piss though i really struggled on the tan one for some reason.

me too! thought i was going mental.

Latest

Trending

Trending