The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Yea, its was a little harsh but thats the aim of the game isn't it?
Reply 81
munn
it's part of the game.
There's four possible options

SPLIT - SPLIT
SPLIT - STEAL
STEAL - SPLIT
STEAL - STEAL

which means that the only way you'll walk away with any money is if the other person says split.
That means you've got a choice to walk away with either 50% of the cash or 100% of the cash.
That's why you should always go for steal, because at least then if the other person picks steal, you don't get ****** over

Seconded :biggrin:
Reply 82
VERY well played!
I would have done the same myself!
This is obviously easy to say when you know the outcome but while he was nodding away at spliting and shaking his head at stealing she was doing nothing.
And the first thing she said to persaude him was to launch an attack on him, moving the attention away from herself.
I don't think she even lied, she said "everyone would be disgusted if i steal" which could be true, but she didn't say she was going to be affected by what other people thought.
Very well played.
You have the chance of getting half or nothing (if you split and they steal) or all or nothing (you steal they split) or both get nothing (both steal).
Therefore she went for the best option of stealing
Fair play to her
Reply 86
live.laugh.love
You have the chance of getting half or nothing (if you split and they steal) or all or nothing (you steal they split) or both get nothing (both steal).
Therefore she went for the best option of stealing

Works great in theory, not so much when _everyone_ picks the 'best' option.
I hate this show for that exact reason

she was a real **** to do that, they could have both walked away with 50k each FIFTY K! thats enough for most. Greedy piece of work she was
You!!!...gah

I just lost The Game. :mad:
In terms of the game, she was right to do it, but I don't like the idea of being shown up as a liar on national television.
what an absolute cow -

ive only watched a few episodes but id like to see the split/steal analysis done by age/sex - because i think women are more prone to stealing than sharing.

this is a bit like the game theory thing isnt it.

If you do what is best for you, it isnt always the best for everyone. If everybody always says share - than the money is always won. Whereas if people say steal it is often lost.

So the best thing to do for everybody is to share. I dont know how people can look people in the eye and lie about this - that women is a bithc and if i was him i dont think i could have stopped myself from hitting her
I'm surprised with how many people are saying she's a bitch to be honest. Ok, yes its a lot of money, and she could have shared, but how could she be sure that he wasn't trying to screw her over as well?

Be honest now, could you trust a complete stranger to share that amount of money with you? I know i couldn't. I'd choose the steal ball every time.
Reply 92
It may be part of the game, but I certainly couldn't win money that way. Ugh.

What a b***h - pro deceit there, but you could so tell by looking at her that she was capable of it. I feel bad for the man, definitely - he seemed honest. Was £50k not enough for her? Clearly not. I hope she's happy with her money, the selfish woman. I'd certainly be disgusted...
Reply 93
I'd rather lose the money and be screwed over than do that to someone. It's just so mean! Who cares about game tactics, it's just not nice. (ok yes I am one of those naive people who likes to beleive the best in people :tongue:) I saw the cutest one once where there was this old man and this young girl and they both split. it was so lovely :smile:
Reply 94
lalala31
I'd rather lose the money and be screwed over than do that to someone. It's just so mean! Who cares about game tactics, it's just not nice. (ok yes I am one of those naive people who likes to beleive the best in people :tongue:) I saw the cutest one once where there was this old man and this young girl and they both split. it was so lovely :smile:

rather lose £50,000?

anyways that poll is very tight.
Reply 95
Beef_Eater
rather lose £50,000?

anyways that poll is very tight.

yeah, I would rather not gain 50,000 sheets than screw the other person, unless I was dead sure they were trying to play me as well.
_Hayko
yeah, I would rather not gain 50,000 sheets than screw the other person, unless I was dead sure they were trying to play me as well.

Seconded! :biggrin:
Reply 97
What do you reckon she was thinking the day after:

1) Man I feel guilty
2) Yea I won £100,000, **** that bastard <--(why isn't the swear filter working)
Reply 98
Well maybe she was thinking the second one, but I know that I would just be thinking the first and so wouldn't be able to enjoy it
Reply 99
Nice one! I'd have done the same.

Latest

Trending

Trending