The Student Room Group

UVM Kosice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by adam*
It's not the greatest of boats to be in ha. Are you applying for 2012?

too right! im applying for this year but my application is kinda complicated so i am visiting/having a meeting with madam vice rector next week. fingers crossed i get in this year cos if i have to wait till next year i might not be able to afford it.

Original post by tigercallie
Yeh youre right, the fees you start at is the fees you'll be paying for your entire degree. I pay 6500 a year, but the year below me pays 7000 a year, and the class who have just graduated, so started in 2007 were paying $8000 a year, so as you can see it changes!

I just looked up budapest and its 10,800 euros a year, fingers crossed it doesnt change too much here, it would be a shame if it did.

Thanks tigercallie, i knew i had heard someone mention it before.

I am arriving in kosice on mon 13th of june and staying till the 16th. i know it will be around exam time for you guys but if any of you are free, it would be great to meet up with you...?
Original post by Conkers19
too right! im applying for this year but my application is kinda complicated so i am visiting/having a meeting with madam vice rector next week. fingers crossed i get in this year cos if i have to wait till next year i might not be able to afford it.

Thanks tigercallie, i knew i had heard someone mention it before.

I am arriving in kosice on mon 13th of june and staying till the 16th. i know it will be around exam time for you guys but if any of you are free, it would be great to meet up with you...?

Hey, im definitely not here on the 16th, im in budapest, but i'll be here on the other days. During the day isnt great for me, but i could do an evening? That way i can study for the day too :-)
Reply 782
too right! im applying for this year but my application is kinda complicated so i am visiting/having a meeting with madam vice rector next week. fingers crossed i get in this year cos if i have to wait till next year i might not be able to afford it.?

Ahh I see, good luck with your meeting - hope you get in this year!
Reply 783
Hey, im definitely not here on the 16th, im in budapest, but i'll be here on the other days. During the day isnt great for me, but i could do an evening? That way i can study for the day too :-)

good stuff. looking forward to seeing you. i promise i wont keep you from your study for too long :tongue:

Original post by adam*
Ahh I see, good luck with your meeting - hope you get in this year!

Thanks. hope it all goes well for you to.
good stuff. looking forward to seeing you. i promise i wont keep you from your study for too long :tongue:

It's probably good to drag her outside for a bit. We all stay holed up in our rooms for far too long in the exam period. I can easily go a week wearing nothing but pjamas. :biggrin:
Original post by HannahUVM
It's probably good to drag her outside for a bit. We all stay holed up in our rooms for far too long in the exam period. I can easily go a week wearing nothing but pjamas. :biggrin:

I havent had my lenses in for a week, ive been slobbing about in my pyjamas and glasses, i look disgusting. Its a bad state of affairs. Last night i woke up at 4:35am saying Oesophagostomum.
Original post by MediterraneanX
Yes I'll be applying to the RVC and Notts in the UK (as they don't charge full fees and I live down the road from the RVC so would be super handy) and UVM and possibly Warsaw abroad for 2012 entry providing the fees don't jump up. I have the first two years worth of fees saved from where my parents were hoping I'd go to law school (whoops) and I'm taking a year out to save as much as possible...I think I can possibly cover three more years of tuition fees (just need to find out how I can afford to live and then do the sixth year!)

Snap, I did law!

Just thought I'd point out that Warsaw isn't EAEVE approved. Could make it harder to get a job afterwards apparently...
Reply 787

well we'll have to change that. i night out sounds like it would be a good idea for you all :tongue:

I havent had my lenses in for a week, ive been slobbing about in my pyjamas and glasses, i look disgusting. Its a bad state of affairs. Last night i woke up at 4:35am saying Oesophagostomum.

Especially after reading this!! a night out is definately a good idea. i jut looked it up and it doesnt look like something you want to be dreaming about for too long!

Is there a place that UVM students tend to go to? a local spot maybe?
well we'll have to change that. i night out sounds like it would be a good idea for you all :tongue:

Especially after reading this!! a night out is definately a good idea. i jut looked it up and it doesnt look like something you want to be dreaming about for too long!

Is there a place that UVM students tend to go to? a local spot maybe?

Bowling Spot! Its out local pub, just over the road from uni. It has nice outdoor picnic tables and inside there is bowling. We usually go at lunch time and dont end up leaving till closing. Oh how i miss bowling spot.
I could really do with an italian salad from bowling spot right now. Nearly passed out from the heat in my poultry exam. Molnar said I did well "despite the adverse climatic conditions." It was like a blooming sauna in his office! :biggrin:
Reply 790
Bowling Spot! Its out local pub, just over the road from uni. It has nice outdoor picnic tables and inside there is bowling. We usually go at lunch time and dont end up leaving till closing. Oh how i miss bowling spot.

Oh good stuff. i luv a bit of bowling. i have to admit i'm not very good at it though. i had a game last week and got 65 points in total! woops!

I could really do with an italian salad from bowling spot right now. Nearly passed out from the heat in my poultry exam. Molnar said I did well "despite the adverse climatic conditions." It was like a blooming sauna in his office! :biggrin:

So should i prepare for some hot weather next week? Is it definite shorts and sunglasses or could i get a away with jeans and t-shirts?
Oh good stuff. i luv a bit of bowling. i have to admit i'm not very good at it though. i had a game last week and got 65 points in total! woops!

So should i prepare for some hot weather next week? Is it definite shorts and sunglasses or could i get a away with jeans and t-shirts?

Seriously shorts and T shirt, we were saying the other day we'd go naked if it was socially acceptable. Its soooooooo hot. Maybe bring a light rain jacket or umbrella cos we seem to be having a daily 4pm thunderstorm and downpour.

It hasn't even hit 30 degrees yet and I'm already about to expire! It's so humid it's unbelievable. It was mid 30s last year when I finished exams and I'm sure it will get hotter yet.
Reply 793
Seriously shorts and T shirt, we were saying the other day we'd go naked if it was socially acceptable. Its soooooooo hot. Maybe bring a light rain jacket or umbrella cos we seem to be having a daily 4pm thunderstorm and downpour.

It hasn't even hit 30 degrees yet and I'm already about to expire! It's so humid it's unbelievable. It was mid 30s last year when I finished exams and I'm sure it will get hotter yet.

Great!! Can't wait!! Shorts and T-shirts it is :smile:
Reply 794
Its as good as any really. The uni has broken up for the summer now, so whenever you go from now on it will be really quiet, but it should be hot and sunny so the town will be lovely :-)

Hi, I haven't had much time to be on this site lately, but thanks for the replies. I have now booked tickets to come over the 18th-20th of June. I'll probs be arriving Kosice mid day the 19th. I was thinking of taking a look at the university and around town. Would there be a possibility to meet up for a "guided tour" around the place?:smile: or are you all to busy with exams? Just thought it would be nice to meet someone studying at the UVM. :smile:
Original post by Ilonita
Hi, I haven't had much time to be on this site lately, but thanks for the replies. I have now booked tickets to come over the 18th-20th of June. I'll probs be arriving Kosice mid day the 19th. I was thinking of taking a look at the university and around town. Would there be a possibility to meet up for a "guided tour" around the place?:smile: or are you all to busy with exams? Just thought it would be nice to meet someone studying at the UVM. :smile:

Ive got a massive exam on the 20th so i wont be able to sorry :-( unless you're still here on the 20th? ...and you dont mind me being drunk? :biggrin: actually i probably wont be, i have another big exam 6 days after :frown:
Original post by ScreamingEmu
Snap, I did law!

Just thought I'd point out that Warsaw isn't EAEVE approved. Could make it harder to get a job afterwards apparently...

Ah no - though that said, UVM wasn't until this year and people managed to get jobs despite the lack of EAEVE approval so I guess it will all depend on the monies situation. It's great to find another law grad - my parents have convinced me I'm all alone in my law-veterinary mid-life (well early 20s) crisis!
Original post by MediterraneanX
Ah no - though that said, UVM wasn't until this year and people managed to get jobs despite the lack of EAEVE approval so I guess it will all depend on the monies situation. It's great to find another law grad - my parents have convinced me I'm all alone in my law-veterinary mid-life (well early 20s) crisis!

Hey, i dont think the EAEVA thing will make any difference job wise :-) We obviously haven't had it the past few years and every single british/irish person thats graduated here in the past 2 years hasn't had a problem at all (they didnt have problems over 2 years ago either lol, i just dont know any of them) :biggrin:
Reply 798
Ive got a massive exam on the 20th so i wont be able to sorry :-( unless you're still here on the 20th? ...and you dont mind me being drunk? :biggrin: actually i probably wont be, i have another big exam 6 days after :frown:

Haha nah wouldn't mind that :P aw but that sucks, good luck with it anyway!! I'll probs be here untill the 20th afternoon if u have the time? if not dnt worry:smile: what year are u in now?
I may have a little time on the 18th depending how study is going but I have my last exam on the 21st and it's my biggest hardest one so I could be in a state of meltdown!! 5 down and 1 to go is a nice feeling though. I'm nearly 75% vet. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending