The Student Room Group

UVM Kosice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Ok, thanks for the tip! Will look at that a bit then and do some chemistry revision too as that's always been one of my week points!

Good luck for the rest of this year and hope to see you in Kosice in September!
You wont use the chemistry. I don't think I've needed a single bit of any chemistry knowledge whilst here. Not that it will hurt you but still, it's dull!
You won't see me in September since I graduate in June but I might be out sometime. :smile:
Reply 1382
Will concentrate on the physiology then! Much more interesting! Good luck for graduation! Do let us know how it goes getting a job etc!
Congratulations to everyone who've got a place so far.

I was just wondering, it seems that a lot of people get their acceptance onto the course fairly quickly after sending in their application. Does this mean that Kosice doesn't interview candidates or have an entry exam, or is the case that they do interview and set an entrance exam, but only in certain cases.

I'd be interested to hear from people who've had experience either way. TIA.....:smile:
If you are a university graduate (with a relevant degree) then you wont have to do an entry exam and you just get a place based on the information you send them. If you are a school leaver then you have to do an entrance exam and interview.
Original post by HannahUVM
If you are a university graduate (with a relevant degree) then you wont have to do an entry exam and you just get a place based on the information you send them. If you are a school leaver then you have to do an entrance exam and interview.

Why did someone thumbs down you for giving some information? Very weird!!!
i was wondering that... maybe it was the fact that they had to do an entrance exam and interview rather than the post it self...?
or perhaps just some random people who are taking the piss...
Hi
I was wondering if you guys could help me I'm considering applying to kosice however I'm slightly confused at how to apply and what the entrance exam and interview are ???? Any information you can give me would be extremely helpful and really appreciated.

sorry for highjackin your thread and congrates on all ur offers :smile:
dont worry what the thread is for...

you can either email or post off application directly...

look at this website got it all

http://www.uvm.sk/en/node/1374

remember the health check... only need a quick note from you local GP saying fit to study and a stamp and signature...
Original post by Jackycrested
dont worry what the thread is for...

you can either email or post off application directly...

look at this website got it all

http://www.uvm.sk/en/node/1374

remember the health check... only need a quick note from you local GP saying fit to study and a stamp and signature...

Thank you :smile: i could not find that page when i looked at the website :s and i wil definitly remember the health check :smile: thank you again :biggrin:
Reply 1391
Just a thought...do you grdauate with the same 1st 2:1 2:2 system or is it like a Phd- if you make you get it?

Thanks

xxx
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you knew where I could find a list of all the uni's in europe that did vet med in english? and also if you could give me a bit of info on them?
Best places to go, where I can find information that compares them, that sort of thing?

Are they similar in structure/teaching as the english courses etc ? :smile:
And do they need work experience?

thank you! :biggrin:

It's exciting to think that if I don't get in after my 2nd time of trying with the UK vet schools, there are still other options available!
Original post by Nicky.B
Just a thought...do you grdauate with the same 1st 2:1 2:2 system or is it like a Phd- if you make you get it?

There's no classification. You're a DVM or you're not. Isn't it like that in the uk for human and vet med?
Original post by ellieroese
Hey everyone

I don't think there is such thing as a list or any way of comparing. You just have to search for them and decide for yourself. Off the top of my head there's UVM Kosice, Budapest, Brno, Warsaw, Prague, Romania (not sure of the cities) and maybe some others.
Kosice doesn't require work experience and I dont think the others do either. I would imagine they are all fairly similar in terms of structure.
I don't think there is such thing as a list or any way of comparing.

Oh okay, thanks for your help! :biggrin:
Original post by Nicky.B

Thanks

xxx

I know human medicine in the uk is either a pass or a fail, and i think vet works the same way
Reply 1397
There's no classification. You're a DVM or you're not. Isn't it like that in the uk for human and vet med?

Ive noo idea :colondollar: xxx
I looked at the web site somebody linked earlier in the thread, and there is a lil bit about transfer. I have almost finished my 2nd year and wondering if any of you guys know anything about transfering onto the 4yr course?
Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x
I looked at the web site somebody linked earlier in the thread, and there is a lil bit about transfer. I have almost finished my 2nd year and wondering if any of you guys know anything about transfering onto the 4yr course?

Almost finished your second year in what? You used to be able to go into the 4 year course after completing 4 semesters of a science degree (so 2 years). However, I was the last entry year that that seemed to be allowed for (entry 2009), and the qualifications on their entry requirements now state you have to have a degree. You could always email them and ask though, im sure it wouldnt hurt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending