The Student Room Group

UVM Kosice

Scroll to see replies

As for fainting it depends on the reason why you faint, if you faint by seeing blood then thats one thing and if you faint because of lack of food, heat or standing then thats another thing maybe due to low blood sugar levels or something and with enough water and food in you, you should be fine. I have nearly fainted had to step out, one time when worked full time as a care assistant at vets now, never any issues but suddenly as i was holding a dog i fainted not because i saw anything nasty but because i was knackered, hot and lack of food and water. I just have to make sure i get enough energy and liquid in my body and i should be fine. blood and guts dont bother me never fainted by watching any surgeries. I reckon you get used to it and learn to listen to your body and eat before a practical or work experience :biggrin:
Original post by Jackycrested
As for fainting it depends on the reason why you faint, if you faint by seeing blood then thats one thing and if you faint because of lack of food, heat or standing then thats another thing maybe due to low blood sugar levels or something and with enough water and food in you, you should be fine. I have nearly fainted had to step out, one time when worked full time as a care assistant at vets now, never any issues but suddenly as i was holding a dog i fainted not because i saw anything nasty but because i was knackered, hot and lack of food and water. I just have to make sure i get enough energy and liquid in my body and i should be fine. blood and guts dont bother me never fainted by watching any surgeries. I reckon you get used to it and learn to listen to your body and eat before a practical or work experience :biggrin:

Well I watched a spay and was fine, it was during a castration I fainted -- the least 'blood and guts' thing I saw whilst I was there! I think it was definitely due to standing up, and I hadn't had breakfast. Thanks for the reply :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tigercallie
Kosice dont look at your grades, you just need to pass the entrance exam. And we dont have knockout exams. Once youre in, thats it, obviously you have to pass, but they dont try to weed people out and if you work hard you get through, its not like theres not enough space for you or anything. Years are only like max 20 people, not like Budapest where its hundreds.

Sorry for confusing the issue with the knock out exams :wink:
What I really meant was, if you can't hack it intellectually then you won't be able to carry on and complete the course, regardless of your A level grades - good, bad or whatever!
I fainted at uni and was dragged out of the stable by my class mates. Nearly fainted many more times too. I was rather known for it. I find it's just when I'm stood for ages, hungry, in the heat, so when I'm actually doing the stuff it's not a problem. :s-smilie: :biggrin:
Thought you might all be interested to know that all of the 4 UK grads have now got jobs. I have had 3 interviews with 2 giving me offers and all have been really positive about Slovakia. :smile:
Original post by HannahUVM
Thought you might all be interested to know that all of the 4 UK grads have now got jobs. I have had 3 interviews with 2 giving me offers and all have been really positive about Slovakia. :smile:

YYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so pleased, well done!!!! Which one did you go for? I'll chat to you on Skype!!! (however probably not now cos im in state hell :frown:)

Congratulations!!!!!!
Thank you!!! It's one in Southampton. I had a trial day at one on monday and was offered that then had an interview this afternoon and was offered that too and accepted that one. I'll be one of two vets so I think I'll be rather chucked in at the deep end. Thank goodness Kosice makes you an expert at swimming! :smile:
Reply 1587

Yay that's so great! I've been stalking this thread for a couple of years now, this year is my last year trying for the UK and I will also be applying to Kosice in January. I will be going there if I don't get in to RVC. So I was very interested to know how the UK grads were doing!

Also thanks to you, Tigercallie and the others from Kosice who have made this thread a wealth of information. I haven't ever needed to post as everything is in here, somewhere!
Went into the office today, apparently there were THIRTY applicants for the grad course this year, and people that applied late and missed the application date had to be turned away, and they said if it continued they would have to add some other criteria because thirty is too many. So its definitely getting more popular!
Did they say whether the majority were from the UK? I'm sad not to be able to meet all the newbies!
Did they say whether the majority were from the UK? I'm sad not to be able to meet all the newbies!

No they didn't say. I didn't get that far because Olga came in and the whirlwind ensued! I skyped you btw! To be fair, its not really about something you want to talk about :smile:
Hey guys,
I'm another stalker of this thread who has decided to surface :ninja:
I want to apply to the 4 year grad programme for 2013 (need to save up!) but was just wondering when the applications for 2013 actually opened? I recall someone mentioning January but i cant find an actual date anywhere?

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, reading all 81 pages of this thread makes my eyes go funny! :redface:
The date is in January, however this will probably be confirmed in a few weeks after they finish dealing with us lot!
Hi all :smile:
I'm currently in my second year of completing a Bsc in Animal Biology. I achieved CCC at A-level - Biology, Chemistry and French.
I've had a look at UVM Kosice website but am finding it quite hard to find my way around!
Can someone just clarify.. what the fees are and how one would go about funding themselves to study here?
Thanks!
Original post by faith16120
Can someone just clarify.. what the fees are and how one would go about funding themselves to study here?
Thanks!

The fees are 7500 euros per year. Funding is tricky. You need parents who can help, good fundraising ideas, maybe some loans.
The fees are 7500 euros per year. Funding is tricky. You need parents who can help, good fundraising ideas, maybe some loans.

Hmm.. I think I would just be left with fundraising and loans then..
And we would have to also fund ourselves for accommodation/ living etc?
Thanks!
Thanks!

Yeh, you have to fund everything yourself.
Thanks!

Yes you have to fund everything yourself. The dorms are 111 euros per month and you don't pay when you aren't there so that saves money over the summer. Food is a bit cheaper than in the UK but not vastly. There arent really too many other costs apart from going out etc.
Reply 1598
Hi there,

First of all woah this thread is such an amazing resource! Thank you all! I just wanted to know whether the entrance exam is for all incoming students or do they decide based on your previous degree whether you need to?

Also, I am curious as to whether many students have taken out a loan to cover the majority of their costs or do many opt to save and fund it themselves?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by fblawns
Hi there,

First of all woah this thread is such an amazing resource! Thank you all! I just wanted to know whether the entrance exam is for all incoming students or do they decide based on your previous degree whether you need to?

Also, I am curious as to whether many students have taken out a loan to cover the majority of their costs or do many opt to save and fund it themselves?

Thanks in advance!

People who already have a science degree apply for the 4 year graduate course - NO ONE needs to sit the entrance exam, because everyone must hold a science degree. School leavers, or people who do not have a science degree apply for the 6 year course - EVERYONE needs to sit the exam for this course, its as simple as that :-)

With funding there is a complete mix, some people save, some people borrow, its just whatever works for the individual:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending