The Student Room Group

Is going out worth the hangover?

whenever i go out, im not bored cuz its kinda impossible to be really bored when your drunk but im nothaving loads of fun either. the time goes really fast so by the time your drunk its time to go home, so i just think its not worth the hangover. i dont drink enough to get a bad hangover, im not sick but i still get a weird feeling in the day in my stomach.
i dont think its worth the money or the hangover

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Drinking isn't worth the hangover for me. But even if I drink quite a small amount I feel terrible the next day, just constant nausea and I'm sick a lot etc. It seems my body can't stand alcohol anymore. At least I'm saving loads when I go out now.
I only get a hangover when I've drank so much that I haven't been able to enjoy the night anyway, that is to say I've been too drunk to really talk or dance with people, so if I do end up with a hangover then no, going out wasn't worth it.
Reply 3
Wow you guys are boring, get a life and go out with your mates.
Yes it's worth it for me, I hardly ever get hangovers no matter how much I drink =]

Do what you feel is right though, you don't have to be drunk to have fun :biggrin:
Drink water when you get in if it is that bad
Reply 6
yede
whenever i go out, im not bored cuz its kinda impossible to be really bored when your drunk but im nothaving loads of fun either. the time goes really fast so by the time your drunk its time to go home, so i just think its not worth the hangover. i dont drink enough to get a bad hangover, im not sick but i still get a weird feeling in the day in my stomach.
i dont think its worth the money or the hangover

I'd say it is worth the hangover, obviously when your dying with sickness the next day, your going to say "never again", but for me getting drunk is worth the hangover in the morning:smile:
Reply 7
JmsG
Wow you guys are boring, get a life and go out with your mates.

You can go out and not drink. However if you threw up a couple of times the day after drinking only 6 drinks (hardly a lot, I'd be barely tipsy) then I doubt you'd be drinking when your out, mr hard man. Some peoples bodies cannot handle the toxicity of the alcohol as well as others. This does not mean they are boring, do not have a life and do not do out with their friends. :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Prettyinpunk1
Yes it's worth it for me, I hardly ever get hangovers no matter how much I drink =]

Do what you feel is right though, you don't have to be drunk to have fun :biggrin:

Same here.

If you get really bad hangovers try eating a curry or something weighty before you retire and a pint of water maybe, and keep a pint of water on standby. Everyone knows a massive blow out fry up is the best cure after the fact though.

Drinking and talking **** at people is not big nor clever, it is however fun if you can stand the fallout. Decision is up2u.

I got drunk 3 days running I'm sad to say, but because I am immune to mortal hangovers, I feel ok. Slightly spacey but otherwise pretty good. And what's more I'm so hard core I may even get drunk tonight. This makes me better and stronger than any mortal, in my mind at least. In reality it's probably a bad idea, but hell you and your liver only live once.
Reply 9
Having a fry up the next day is probally THE worst thing you can do to your liver though (alcohol from the night before + fat/grease from the fry up).

It does taste good though:biggrin:
Reply 10
Stephen345
Having a fry up the next day is probally THE worst thing you can do to your liver though (alcohol from the night before + fat/grease from the fry up).

It does taste good though:biggrin:

What about that last post made you think I give a toss about my liver? :biggrin:

You are right though, two biggest causes of cirrhosis of the liver: alcohol and over eating. Do some cardio work folks. :smile:
Reply 11
You should drink lots of water after the drinking session.
Spending £60 for a hangover is the bit I don't like the most.
If I've spent like £20 and received a hangover I'd be more than content.
Reply 13
As of this morning, I'm thinking no - it's not worth it.
Next Friday night? This feeling will be forgotten.
Reply 14
I've just been on a week in Magaluf..drank every night and felt fine after the whole holiday.
Nah I don't drink much anyway really i just control how much i drink, had a hangover once after the first nights heavy session, rest of the days were fine :smile:
I would say its worth it going out, it doesn't always result in a hangover if your clever with what your drinking.
Reply 15
Yes!
Reply 16
Deffinatly worth it. I usually sleep till the afternoon anyway so just sleep through any hangover.
Pinball_heart
Spending £60 for a hangover is the bit I don't like the most.
If I've spent like £20 and received a hangover I'd be more than content.

What on earth do you buy that's £60? I'll spend maximum £15 on alcohol, but that's only if I really go for it at the bar and the clubs nice and there's no pre-lash. Normally I spend around a tenner and drink and reckon the club entry and taxi fare doesn't really count towards money spent on hangovers.
Reply 18
WoWZa
You should drink lots of water after the drinking session.

When your drunk, being sensible and drinking water before you go to bed rarley happens:biggrin:
Reply 19
depends where u are in life i gues.. and how much u enjoy getting drunk, it has alot to do with who you are drinking with and how good the night out is. If you need to work/revise or whatever the next day then id say no its not worth it.. if your going for good grades then being hungover isnt the way to go... but if your on holiday or whatever then id say its worth it because it doesnt matter how u feel the next day if u can spend it doing nothing.

Latest

Trending

Trending