The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
susiemakemeblue
Hiya, I'm new here!

I haven't firmly accepted Bristol yet (going on a few final visits this week) but it's about 95% likely that I will, so I thought I'd introduce myself! I've been offered a place for English Lit in September, so I'll probably see you all there!

Katie :smile:

Hi Katie... Welcome to the Bristol crew!

:smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Phil_D
Hi Katie... Welcome to the Bristol crew!

:smile:

Hey!

I'm going to Bristol tomorrow to hopefully get a peek at some of the accommodation, as I didn't get a chance on the open day, which is -> :mad:

Going up to York at the end of the week as well, but I really don't want to be that far north, so......yeah it looks like Bristol will be my choice!

I applied to uni for 2004 entry as well - it wasn't meant to be so stressful second time round!
Reply 3
susiemakemeblue
Hey!

I'm going to Bristol tomorrow to hopefully get a peek at some of the accommodation, as I didn't get a chance on the open day, which is -> :mad:

Going up to York at the end of the week as well, but I really don't want to be that far north, so......yeah it looks like Bristol will be my choice!

I applied to uni for 2004 entry as well - it wasn't meant to be so stressful second time round!

Hello Katie :smile:
I narrowed it down to Bristol and York aswell - decided on Bristol because its the best, hehe :p:
I'm Sian by the way, and I'll (hopefully!) be doing History this October.
Doolally
Hello Katie :smile:
I narrowed it down to Bristol and York aswell - decided on Bristol because its the best, hehe :p:
I'm Sian by the way, and I'll (hopefully!) be doing History this October.

What is your offer? Think you'll make it?
Reply 5
susiemakemeblue
What is your offer? Think you'll make it?

AAB. I really hope I can! I'm predicted AAA but thats so not going to happen. I'm going to just try really hard and see what happens, but I would be so gutted if I miss it. Which means that I should probably start revision soon!
Doolally
AAB. I really hope I can! I'm predicted AAA but thats so not going to happen. I'm going to just try really hard and see what happens, but I would be so gutted if I miss it. Which means that I should probably start revision soon!

With some hard work you just might surprise yourself. Aim for AAA! I got pretty worked up over my A-levels but it's all worth it in the end.
Reply 7
Doolally
Which means that I should probably start revision soon!

Aaaah... start revision?? There's no way i'm gonna be able to do that now... as always i bet i don't start revision till exam leave. :rolleyes:
Whats this? Re-vi-si-on? Hmph.

Well whatever, I'm Anni and I'm staying in Bristol to do Law in October. :smile: Feel free to fill in our getting to know you questionaires!
annabellewalter
Whats this? Re-vi-si-on? Hmph.

Well whatever, I'm Anni and I'm staying in Bristol to do Law in October. :smile: Feel free to fill in our getting to know you questionaires!

Hi Anni! Will do.......I'm at my auntie's in the New Forest and getting very bored!
Oh and plus if you want to know anything about Bristol I have lived here for 17 yrs :smile:And I'm mates with quite a few students at Bristol and UWE. :smile:
annabellewalter
Oh and plus if you want to know anything about Bristol I have lived here for 17 yrs :smile:And I'm mates with quite a few students at Bristol and UWE. :smile:

Excellent. :smile:

My best friend from school is currently at UWE (I'm on a gap year so will be a year behind) so I might go and stay with her at some point. When the weather's nice! That will influence my thoughts about the place, unfortunately.
Reply 12
if u need to know anything about halls i can help as i live in them :smile:
Reply 13
ThE_OnE
if u need to know anything about halls i can help as i live in them :smile:

Is Durdham really *that* quiet? I want to apply thee but bit worried abouts its reputation of being quiet.
Doolally
Is Durdham really *that* quiet? I want to apply thee but bit worried abouts its reputation of being quiet.

I want to live in Durdham, and I'm not quiet at all!
Reply 15
Hi, I'm a 2nd year.

Durdham has always had a reputation for being the 'quiet hall' mainly because of the layout of the hall. The bar isn't exactly buzzing with excitement from an outsider's point of view, but everyone who lives there seems to have a really good time - a lot depends on who you end up with in your flat, but the warden tries his best to match according to interests on the accomodation form.
Reply 16
timeofyourlife
Hi, I'm a 2nd year.

Durdham has always had a reputation for being the 'quiet hall' mainly because of the layout of the hall. The bar isn't exactly buzzing with excitement from an outsider's point of view, but everyone who lives there seems to have a really good time - a lot depends on who you end up with in your flat, but the warden tries his best to match according to interests on the accomodation form.

As always timeofyourlife comes to the resuce! Thank you :smile: Also, are you free to visit any other hall balls? Or are the bars just for residents only?
Reply 17
Doolally
As always timeofyourlife comes to the resuce! Thank you :smile: Also, are you free to visit any other hall balls? Or are the bars just for residents only?

you can visit any hall bar no problem. it's always fun to do a "stoke bishop bar crawl".

and as for balls, i think you meant bars, but anyway - you can also go to any hall balls providing you buy their tickets in time. The Goldney and Wills balls are amongst the most popular mainly because they get ppl like radio 1 DJs etc. to feature in them.

interestingly, ann widdecombe gave an after dinner speach at the Wills Hall freshers week formal a couple of years ago - hehe, an odd choice of celebrity.
Reply 18
timeofyourlife
you can visit any hall bar no problem. it's always fun to do a "stoke bishop bar crawl".

and as for balls, i think you meant bars, but anyway - you can also go to any hall balls providing you buy their tickets in time. The Goldney and Wills balls are amongst the most popular mainly because they get ppl like radio 1 DJs etc. to feature in them.

interestingly, ann widdecombe gave an after dinner speach at the Wills Hall freshers week formal a couple of years ago - hehe, an odd choice of celebrity.

Yeah I did mean bars :smile: Ah good news, so that means I can take advantage of other bars..Badock is meant to be the cheapeast isn't it? And if I remember rightly, thats where you were? (Or am i getting ppl mixed up?!) Anyway if it is you, how much is say...a malibu and coke? Sorry for all the questions!
Reply 19
Doolally
Yeah I did mean bars :smile: Ah good news, so that means I can take advantage of other bars..Badock is meant to be the cheapeast isn't it? And if I remember rightly, thats where you were? (Or am i getting ppl mixed up?!) Anyway if it is you, how much is say...a malibu and coke? Sorry for all the questions!

yes, that's me. i think badock calls itself the cheapest but all of them don't really differ by much (give or take a few pence). i remember the £1/pint offer, but unfortunately I'm not a drinker of malibu and coke so have no idea.

maybe el pollo diablo can tell you. he's often found sitting on a deck chair on the downs sipping the odd malibu - or so i'm told.

Latest

Trending

Trending