The Student Room Group

tips for making friends

hello guys any advice for making friends? :smile: can be at uni, sixth form, would just like general advice
Reply 1
Original post by emm4nuella
hello guys any advice for making friends? :smile: can be at uni, sixth form, would just like general advice

if youre a bit unsure about what to say to somebody you want to be friends with, make a short list of things in your head to talk to them about before you approach them and if at any point you either want to hear more about them or feel like you have been talking for too long or you might even just be nervous, try asking them something like "what subject are you studying?", which can encourage them to speak and give you a chance to listen, relax a bit and become more comfortable around the person as you get to know them better. be yourself and try to relax (i know its way easier said than done). if the person seems uninterested they may be even more nervous than you may be, or if they are in a group they may be hesitant to make new friends outside of their circle. regardless of the situation, i always try to find something that we can relate to and go from there. sorry this message is so long lol, hope this helped though
Reply 2
Just being prepared to introduce yourself and ask someone’s name takes a bit of courage, but it is a surprisingly good ice breaker that usually goes down well
Reply 3
I think you can do jokes this generally help people to communicate. This is my way . After that I introduce myself . Sense of humor is the essential part of the friendship. if you laugh the same thing then it means this friendship can go looong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending