The Student Room Group

Help me choose the best for B&M!

Hi, everyone!
I've received offers from all of my 5 choices but I'm quite confused what to choose, which uni has the best business school and, of course, which town is the best place for an international student like me - cheap,friendly,etc.? Here are my 5 universities:

Newcastle University
Exeter University
Nottingham Trent University
Hull University
Cardiff University

Please,tell me something more about Exeter or Nottingham Trent coz I'm wondering between them...Is it true that Exeter is too expensive?
Thanks in advance! (:
Reply 1
Jolly18
Hi, everyone!
I've received offers from all of my 5 choices but I'm quite confused what to choose, which uni has the best business school and, of course, which town is the best place for an international student like me - cheap,friendly,etc.? Here are my 5 universities:

Newcastle University
Exeter University
Nottingham Trent University
Hull University
Cardiff University

Please,tell me something more about Exeter or Nottingham Trent coz I'm wondering between them...Is it true that Exeter is too expensive?
Thanks in advance! (:

Firstly, for which course? What is B&M? Business and management?

I would say:
Exeter > Newcastle > Cardiff > Nottingham Trent > Hull

Also, in regards to fees, since you're an international student, you would have to contact each university and find out for yourself.
Reply 2
yeah, it's Business&Management (:

I know about the fees, don't worry ;] I just don't know what to pick up coz Trent has the highest employability percentage,then Exeter->Newcastle,ect. But I know that Exeter is an expensive one and is in the middle of nowhere :biggrin: I think so...
Jolly18
yeah, it's Business&Management (:

I know about the fees, don't worry ;] I just don't know what to pick up coz Trent has the highest employability percentage,then Exeter->Newcastle,ect. But I know that Exeter is an expensive one and is in the middle of nowhere :biggrin: I think so...

With regards to employability, if you have a look at unistats.com you can see what graduates from last year went on to do - it's more useful than the standard percentage as it gives a breakdown of roles. So if that's important in your decision, it's useful to know. The site also gives the data for student satisfaction, entry points, degree completion, etc. :smile:
Reply 4
Exeter wins! It's meant to be a really nice place aswell and has a very high student satisfaction rating.
Reply 5
I agree on Exeter,it's a better uni than the others,that's a fact,but do you know something about the city? like is it expensive as I know, are rents high, could I find a well-paid job easy? These are the things that concerns me about Exeter. Nottingham is cheaper and bigger...

Latest

Trending

Trending