The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We've finished but tbf i reckon if you're self teaching, 2 weeks is loads of time to do it, even if you only spend an hour or so a day.
Reply 2
Inertia
We've finished but tbf i reckon if you're self teaching, 2 weeks is loads of time to do it, even if you only spend an hour or so a day.

Thanks, I'm on correlation now :s-smilie: but I have a revision session in school this week too with the sixth form so that might help me then :smile:
we have finished it, its the hardest topic of stats tho lol... and the exam is quite hard im afraid
All our classes have finished it now, I think.
Reply 5
S1 is evil (just thought I'd mention it)

If you're teaching yourself it shouldn't take too long, so as long as you've gone through everything before the exam you'll be fine.

At my school one class has been doing a lesson of D1 a fortnight over the whole year and still haven't finished. The Further Maths crew blitzed it in 12 hours. It all depends on whether you understand it or not.
Reply 6
Lehane
S1 is evil (just thought I'd mention it)

If you're teaching yourself it shouldn't take too long, so as long as you've gone through everything before the exam you'll be fine.

At my school one class has been doing a lesson of D1 a fortnight over the whole year and still haven't finished. The Further Maths crew blitzed it in 12 hours. It all depends on whether you understand it or not.

Ahh crap, I'm sitting it early and I hate it.
I just can't find the motivation I had for C1 and C2 ...... love the core modules.:cool:
Reply 7
S1 is dead boring!
Reply 8
i'm self teaching too and haven't started yet..hope that cgp is good lol
Reply 9
My class hasn't finished yet, though I think we can't be TOO far off hopefully?
Reply 10
farhaz_j
i'm self teaching too and haven't started yet..hope that cgp is good lol

You doing it 20th May ? Lol
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 11
Sine
S1 is dead boring!

It's good to know it's not just me who thinks this.....actually can't wait until C3 and FP1 next year:biggrin:

.....Okay, I sound sad.....:rolleyes:
Reply 12
Just finished regression :smile:
Reply 13
Draconis
Just finished regression :smile:

That's not too bad then.....just one unit behind and it's mostly just putting numbers in the formula:smile:
Reply 14
Jessicax
That's not too bad then.....just one unit behind and it's mostly just putting numbers in the formula:smile:

Correlation and regression are incredibly easy if you know how to use your calculator. :smile:
Reply 15
Draconis
Correlation and regression are incredibly easy if you know how to use your calculator. :smile:

I've been doing all of the working out, how do you do it on your calculator ?
Reply 16
Jessicax
You doing it 20th May ? Lol
Good Luck :smile:

you too b
Reply 17
Jessicax
I've been doing all of the working out, how do you do it on your calculator ?

Hard to explain, you could probably look it up.

Basically put your calculator in stat mode, pick y = ax + b from the selection that comes up. Then you can input numbers, press some buttons and get the mean of x and y and everything like that. A correlation question takes 2 minutes. Not sure if it's possible on all calculators though.
Reply 18
Draconis
Hard to explain, you could probably look it up.

Basically put your calculator in stat mode, pick y = ax + b from the selection that comes up. Then you can input numbers, press some buttons and get the mean of x and y and everything like that. A correlation question takes 2 minutes. Not sure if it's possible on all calculators though.

Oooh, thanks alot :smile:
ive finished and sat the exam twice...

Latest

Trending

Trending