The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hm... Presuming that English is not your first language (as you are from Libya/Turkey), I would advise that you try to get as much exposure as possible for the reading section. Just reading regular articles from popular magazines/newspapers and short stories should be quite helpful, since the texts that are normally picked for the SAT I (in my experience) are not usually too technical. The multiple choice tends to be a bit trickier, though, since for some unknown reason, the College Board likes to pick some of the most obscure words possible. If you're a non-native speaker, you will probably have a hard time eliminating options based on how they sound or their proximity to other words. SAT prep books tend to be quite good about this sort of thing, though, and many have dictionaries of terms that I would suggest you take a look at to have some familiarity with the vocabulary. I would also suggest doing past/sample tests and making sure that you time yourself to see if you are taking too much/not enough time on certain sections.

Lastly, don't stress out about it too much. May 2nd still gives you a fair amount of time to prepare, the preparation might just be somewhat intense. Do as much as you can, but I wouldn't worry about trying to memorize every single word in the English language.

Best of luck,

illu45
Reply 2
thank you very much for your help,

I will begin studing more intensely, i mainly focused on passage questions until now. However i will solve couple of full length practice tests before the test date.
My only confidense is in maths ( expecting over 760, by looking at my practice questions ) and maybe in writting.
The thing that im happy about is that i`ll sit the SAT one more time if we dont consider SAT subjects(maths 2 and physics).

All i need is motivation, and it only comes with proper studing.
Reply 3
Anoher thing to bear in mind is adapting to the time pressure and intensity of the SAT Reasoning test. BE very strict with yourself during practice tests or you may slip in to bad habits. Good luck!
Reply 4
do as many practice tests as possible. that'll help you adjust to the time limit, and also get a feel for the type of questions asked... the english section is really easy once you're able to figure out what they're looking for, so just find as many practice questions as you can.
Reply 5
You'll probably ace them if you did AS levels...

I got 790 800 800 in Maths I II and Physics when doing my SAT II post A2

Latest

Trending

Trending