The Student Room Group

How many AS and A2 Units are you retaking?

This poll is closed

How many AS and/or A2 units are you retaking?

AS Unit 133%
AS Unit 211%
AS Unit 30%
AS Unit 1 and 2 or 317%
A2 Unit 40%
A2 Unit 50%
A2 Unit 60%
A2 Unit 4 and 5 or 66%
Retaking every Unit0%
None, I'm happy with my grades33%
Retaking AS/A2 on New Spec in January 2010 due to final Legacy AS papers this June 20090%
Total votes: 18
How many people are retaking Unit 1 or 2 or 3? It's quite common for almost every person to retake those units.

Anybody ever get to retake Unit 4? Often it depends on your teacher, sometimes they simply refuse and a weak excuse being the timetable is already overloaded etc

Without the option to retake would you get the grade you are predicted or hope to achieve? I know alot of friends certainly would'nt.
Two AS units
I'm retaking Unit 1 of Chemmmmmm
I'm only retaking cos I need 90% and I got 79% :|
Zero
None at all thank god, I did my 3rd go of a politics one in January though :tongue:
Reply 6
There is a poll option here, I think almost everybody retakes Unit 1 and 2, and alot of people retake Unit 3 and 4 too, and Unit 5 and 6 are'nt offered for January series except to Internationals and OCR and some Maths papers.
Reply 7
Alexandra1234567
None at all thank god, I did my 3rd go of a politics one in January though :tongue:

Wow, so you must've taken it in January and June of AS Year 12 and again in January A2 Year 13. You obviously declined your grade and did'nt certificate it last summer :p: That's the beauty of the modular system, it's possible to take a AS paper up to 4 times, and Unit 4 paper 2 times at least. :p: No wonder the A grades are increasing each year. :woo:
Reply 8
Unit 4 and 5 for business thats it....
Reply 9
2 AS units and 2 A2 units.
Also did 5 AS retakes in January.
Moral of the story - concentrate more in year 12 :-)
Reply 10
Cheeko
Unit 4 and 5 for business thats it....

Don't forget to answer the poll above :smile:
Reply 11
No retakes :woo:
chem unit 1 and i think its 4
bio unit 4
dynamic1
Wow, so you must've taken it in January and June of AS Year 12 and again in January A2 Year 13. You obviously declined your grade and did'nt certificate it last summer :p: That's the beauty of the modular system, it's possible to take a AS paper up to 4 times, and Unit 4 paper 2 times at least. :p: No wonder the A grades are increasing each year. :woo:

I did accept the certificate in the summer, I still had an A overall in politics :biggrin:
I just now have a full 'aaa' modules set in it toooo :tongue:
So, don't think it was cos I did particularly badly :wink:
Reply 14
Alexandra1234567
I did accept the certificate in the summer, I still had an A overall in politics :biggrin:
I just now have a full 'aaa' modules set in it toooo :tongue:
So, don't think it was cos I did particularly badly :wink:

That's quite sensible, as it makes life easier at A2, eases the pressure :p:

You want to go to St.Andrews that badly, English Literature is a heavily oversubscribed course too, so every UMS mark counts towards your offer :wink:
dynamic1
That's quite sensible, as it makes life easier at A2, eases the pressure :p:

You want to go to St.Andrews that badly, English Literature is a heavily oversubscribed course too, so every UMS mark counts towards your offer :wink:

Yep :tongue:
I know, I had to practically bring them Wordsworth's head on a silver platter.
Are you mathsy or something equally over subscribed?
And yes, nice easy grades in the modules this year and hopefully I'll still be in :biggrin:
Reply 16
Alexandra1234567
Yep :tongue:
I know, I had to practically bring them Wordsworth's head on a silver platter.
Are you mathsy or something equally over subscribed?
And yes, nice easy grades in the modules this year and hopefully I'll still be in :biggrin:

So you must be quite a poet, and have a mini library within the four corners of your bedroom :p: My cousin studied English Literature, and when I've entered her bedroom, I thought I was in a English library :p: lol

Prestige is a huge factor in the decision to go to university, you should know much about that! I spoke to friends, uncles, aunts and others who have studied for a degree, it did'nt really help them, except their employer could say "Oh you have a degree certificate, so your a graduate" :p: Although there are alot of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, other Science courses, Engineering: Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Computing. They're on UCAS EXTRA too, and the pattern has been the same for ages.

I don't think a degree is worth what it used to be, professional certifications perhaps are more likely to lead to better opportunites. Although I am confident of A grade Mathematics, A grade Chemistry, A or B grade Economics and AS-Level Physics at A or B grade. I might study Mathematics/Economics or Chemistry perhaps, maybe even Computing or something Business related so undecided, which is why a post A-Level app may well be the best route for me. :smile:

Ultimately I'm undecided, but the ACA-CTA route sounds quite promising with no student debt and a globally internationally recognised qualification and a £55k+ salary in 4 yrs time :woo: Although there's possibility to gain a degree at a later date too. :smile:
Reply 17
Wow, so far it seems as though almost everybody retakes Unit 1, and often Unit 2, and quite a large number retake the entire AS Units, and a few retake Unit 4 too. Which also explains the increase in A's is down to the extra UMS marked picked up :smile:

Latest