The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We have to wear white lab coats for every practical. Makes me feel smart :wink:
WHATATAT?

We never get to! Not fair! :frown:
Reply 22
Parrot-Bite
We have to wear white lab coats for every practical. Makes me feel smart :wink:

What if you chose not to? Would you be refused to take part in the practical and just simply sit and watch?
in chemistry yes - ive got a nuts teacher - we have done some pretty violentish pracs.

But never in physics or biol
Reply 24
Only for Chemistry. In the actual exam, you could lose marks for not wearing a lab coat or for wearing flip-flops :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Only wear labcoats in chemistry in my case, not in bio and not in physics :smile:.
Reply 26
Illyria
Only for Chemistry. In the actual exam, you could lose marks for not wearing a lab coat or for wearing flip-flops :rolleyes:

Woah, is that true? If you didnt....have you tried and tested it? lol
Goggles + lab coat.
Always in Chemistry (there's a few pretty mad reactions demonstrated). In Biology only while doing microbiology. Never in Physics.
Reply 28
dynamic1
Woah, is that true? If you didnt....have you tried and tested it? lol

Yeah, an ex-friend of mine was told by the teacher he lost a health and safety mark for wearing flip flops (I guess you could pour acid on your feet or something?) :s-smilie:
Reply 29
nah, we have to wear safety goggles but thats about it.
Chemistry yes, Some people do for biology, Never ever for Physiccs
No, I feel the risk of ruining clothes makes it more interesting and makes you more careful.
Illyria
Yeah, an ex-friend of mine was told by the teacher he lost a health and safety mark for wearing flip flops (I guess you could pour acid on your feet or something?) :s-smilie:

Harsh, your teacher should of told you all the wear appropriate shoes or something cause I wouldn't know that haha. Our teachers are very friendly with us in chemistry :smile:
Well..physics experiments aren't particularly dangerous to the clothes...
If there is a radioactive experiment ever to take place, I'm sure we'll need more than lab coats :yep:
As a lot of people have said, always for Chemistry and usually for Biology. Ours at school are royal blue too :smile:
dynamic1
What if you chose not to? Would you be refused to take part in the practical and just simply sit and watch?

Is it not just easier to put one on? :confused: We always wear them + safety goggles even for little experiments, it's really not much effort!
Yes and next year we're getting personalised ones, this is only for chemistry btw. Ha.
Reply 37
pink_cait
Harsh, your teacher should of told you all the wear appropriate shoes or something cause I wouldn't know that haha. Our teachers are very friendly with us in chemistry :smile:

Hah well he might have been trying to deflate this kid's head a bit.. he's a total showoff :wink:
Chemistry, yes, we had to wear labcoats and goggles.
Biology we don't usually wear anything, and if we do just a plastic apron. Then again we aren't usually playing with nasty chemicals in biology :p:
scaryhair
Chemistry, yes, we had to wear labcoats and goggles.
Biology we don't usually wear anything, and if we do just a plastic apron. Then again we aren't usually playing with nasty chemicals in biology :p:

:teeth:

Latest