Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The AEA/Oxford/S Paper superthread

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right then, who's taking AEA on Tuesday?
    How're you all feeling?

I did a past paper a few months ago and blitzed it, felt really good (must of bee a particularly easy one). Sat down and did two yesterday, and they didn't go very well at all. Now I'm feeling an awful lot less confident!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHRed)
    How're you all feeling?

I did a past paper a few months ago and blitzed it, felt really good (must of bee a particularly easy one). Sat down and did two yesterday, and they didn't go very well at all. Now I'm feeling an awful lot less confident!
    Hey, im sitting it tomorrow too .

I don't personally find them that difficult- there is only so much you need to know (since the AEA is based all on core material) so there is only so much they can ask you. Personally i hate the vectors at the end (just because i hate vectors- and it also tends to be the biggest question in terms of marks) but the rest tends to go very well. The big calculus area questions can also be a bit of a drag, but such is life .

I've only done 1 paper fully and 2-3 papers partially so i'm going to spend some time today selectively choosing the questions that i think i can't do (mainly vectors) in a bid to improve. GL tomorrow!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    Hey, im sitting it tomorrow too .

I don't personally find them that difficult- there is only so much you need to know (since the AEA is based all on core material) so there is only so much they can ask you. Personally i hate the vectors at the end (just because i hate vectors- and it also tends to be the biggest question in terms of marks) but the rest tends to go very well. The big calculus area questions can also be a bit of a drag, but such is life .

I've only done 1 paper fully and 2-3 papers partially so i'm going to spend some time today selectively choosing the questions that i think i can't do (mainly vectors) in a bid to improve. GL tomorrow!
    When I first looked I hated the vectors questions, but having looked back, it does seem they ask similar questions each year, so hopefully there won't be a surprise tomorrow.

You need AEA for your uni offer?

Good luck too, btw
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHRed)
    When I first looked I hated the vectors questions, but having looked back, it does seem they ask similar questions each year, so hopefully there won't be a surprise tomorrow.

You need AEA for your uni offer?

Good luck too, btw
    Yes, assuming i didn't get a 2 in STEP1- my performance will be very borderline.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHRed)
    How're you all feeling?

I am taking it for fun tomorrow, not a uni requirement.

I suck at AEA vectors. Trig and calculus are my strength.

I have also just done one paper, got around 90 in it but that was because the vectors question was similar to one of the question i had previously done so i knew it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, assuming i didn't get a 2 in STEP1- my performance will be very borderline.
    Yeah, same here! Warwick, I assume then?

(Original post by raheem94)

I have also just done one paper, got around 90 in it but that was because the vectors question was similar to one of the question i had previously done so i knew it.
    Ah, the trig's one of my weaker parts, a lot more complex then c4 questions, that's a good thing though. Having said that, I've spent last few days working on aea, I'll do a few more questions tonight, hopefully that'll sort me out
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

How'd you guys find it then?
    I thought it was okay - there were a few sub questions I didn't answer, lost 15 marks for sure, so after that it just depends how correct everything else I put was!
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHRed)
    How'd you guys find it then?
    I thought it was okay - there were a few sub questions I didn't answer, lost 15 marks for sure, so after that it just depends how correct everything else I put was!
    We discussed it on this thread.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    We discussed it on this thread.
    Haha, I'm a bit late then...cheers!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find the MAT test paper in the year 2000?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 10, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.