The Student Room Group
Reply 1
letia
Just to clear up a confusion had at school - Is it possible that if you DONT do biology Alevel (not even to AS then drop it) that you can go to medical school?

I thought you had to at least do it to AS, but not to do it at all?
xx

It is possible to get into medical school without Biology at A Level - have a look at this table
Reply 2
Yeah, just be careful which Unis you choose.
Reply 3
Hygeia
...have a look at this table

On that table (I don't do Wiki edits! :p: ):

- Oxford needs a 'No' or something in the A2 Biology column as they don't require it?

- But additional caveat of 'If you don't have Maths, Biology and Physics at A Level you must have GCSEs in these subjects at grade C or above (or in Maths and Dual Award Combined Sciences).'

- If you're adding notes as for Cambridge & Birmingham then Oxford do say on the topic (with emphasis mine):
University of Oxford Medical School

http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/courses/preclin/applying/2008stats

Note that despite the fact that many people take it, Biology is NOT required at A2 level (or indeed at AS level). However, do be aware that not having A level Biology is associated with a greater risk of having difficulty at the early stages of the course (and other medical courses), and that it is rare for students without Biology at AS level to gain a place on the course.
Reply 4
Elles
On that table (I don't do Wiki edits! ):

- Oxford needs a 'No' or something in the A2 Biology column as they don't require it?

- But additional caveat of 'If you don't have Maths, Biology and Physics at A Level you must have GCSEs in these subjects at grade C or above (or in Maths and Dual Award Combined Sciences).'

- If you're adding notes as for Cambridge & Birmingham then Oxford do say on the topic (with emphasis mine):

Thankyou for letting me know about that :smile: (edited now)

Latest

Trending

Trending