The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey no one's replied to the thread just wondering if anyone has heard any thing??
Reply 2
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
omg. i'm nervous. my teacher did say about experiment using data logger. anyone know about this?
Reply 4
not sure I read on the spec that we woulndt be expected to use a data logger just talk about using it it in the planning section...
Reply 5
could anyone of you tell me where do we connect the ammeter and voltmeters wires into it ...like there are three holes at the far right end of the voltmater and ammeter i alwayz get confused!......
Reply 6
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Mokuton
black wire bottom hole red wire middle hole (middle = for ammeter and voltmeter)

Thanks....so what about the top hole .....and is there any reason behind it as where yo insert the wires.....and is there anything like negative terminal of LED to the lasy hole or positive the last???...plz do help me!!!thanks again
Reply 8
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Can someone tell me when I should use (Range/Average x100%) and when I should use ((Value 1-Value2)/Value2 x 100)

This is percentage difference/uncertainty btw..
Reply 10
The Range one is if youve taken more than one reading so like 5 values for time T you take the range and divide by average. If you did an experiment and can only get one value i.e you cant repeat cos it takes too long you take half the uncertainty divided by the value multiplied by 100. e.g. if you measure T and the most accurate value on the stop clock you can get is 0.01 for example then your uncertainty is half that value (0.005) over average then multiply by 100.
Reply 11
Mokuton
if you get negative just change the poles.. check the meter. "COM" (bottom hole) is always for black wire. you never change that. you will only play with the red one. top or middle (%99 middle unless the paper says use ADC). check again for middle hole there are volt, ohm and mili ampere. top one is only for ADC you cant use it to measure voltage or resistance.

thanks very much...and could you also tell me is the short side of an led positive or negative?....
Reply 12
short is negative and long is possitive
Reply 13
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Guys have u ever did temperature experiment? :s-smilie: Something myy teacher about it :s-smilie:(but i think he was just make fun :P) If u did can u sent me papers?
Reply 15
what time is the exam for me its afternoon?
Reply 16
does any one have phy3 practical papers from jan 06 onwards? edexcel
Reply 17
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
anyone who did the practical today...pleaae give us an idea what it is about
Reply 19
guys...what do you use to measure the diameter of the object and also thickness of an object

Latest