The Student Room Group

What does shoe-tossing represent in the UK?

Hi everyone,

This is something that has been praying on my mind for a while now. Does anybody know specifically what shoe-tossing represents in the UK? For those of you who are unfamiliar with this phrase, shoe-tossing is when the laces of a pair of shoes are tied together and then flung over a powerline or telephone wire.

I read on wikipedia that it can mean there is a local drug house or that the area where the shoes are is 'gang turf'. There are a pair on my street and I very much doubt that my street is gang turf (however I do live in a student area) and the other day, I saw two consecutive streets with shoes over power lines, one of which had 2 pairs and the other had 3.

Can anyone help me out with this? Also, if you have spotted shoe-tossing on your street too, be sure to post!

jk4q
I was going to post something stupid but I refrained after realising you'd actually gone to the trouble of researching this. ;guilt;
1 The Legacy
I was going to post something stupid but I refrained after realising you'd actually gone to the trouble of researching this. ;guilt;

It was flipflopophilia wasn't it?

Latest