The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I hope the grade boundary isn't that high. Otherwise, should scrape an A hopefully.

But anyways, any of us who've spoken about the exam will get (and a lot of you have, including me :p:) will get -10 points, so.. don't speak about it yet :yep:

Mods should probably lock this until we can.
Aq2cool4u
here is jan 09 grade boundaries.

Exact same as june 2008.. ah well.. looks like the UMS is usually higher than average.
Reply 262
Ali M
cool thanks for that.. ah well.. looks like ive got between 72 - 74 UMS.. very dissapointed tbh because now c4 is gonna need a high grade

ah your doing maths with s1 and s2? mine was with M1 and S1. Only need 16 UMS in C4 and i've got my A, but i'm gonna aim for higher just in case some of my further modules are a bit lower and i can swap modules around for a better grade.
This is part of my further maths course, i only started learning it on thursday, did a few past papers yesterday and that was it. Still need to start learning M3 and FP2 lol.
Reply 263
Waterstorm
Well I hope the grade boundary isn't that high. Otherwise, should scrape an A hopefully.

But anyways, any of us who've spoken about the exam will get (and a lot of you have, including me :p:) will get -10 points, so.. don't speak about it yet :yep:

Mods should probably lock this until we can.

I didnt speak about the exam.
Aq2cool4u
I didnt speak about the exam, i just said it was tiring, that doesnt count does it?

I would assume it does, you can't say anything, however small, about the exam.

This means no discussion AT ALL - not even "I found it hard/easy" or "I dropped my pencil". The line between

"I found it hard" and
"I found question 2 hard" and
"I found question 2 about <insert subject> hard"

From here.
Reply 265
Waterstorm
I would assume it does, you can't say anything, however small, about the exam.

Ok i'll edit it out then :s-smilie:.
Aq2cool4u
ah your doing maths with s1 and s2? mine was with M1 and S1. Only need 16 UMS in C4 and i've got my A, but i'm gonna aim for higher just in case some of my further modules are a bit lower and i can swap modules around for a better grade.
This is part of my further maths course, i only started learning it on thursday, did a few past papers yesterday and that was it. Still need to start learning M3 and FP2 lol.

16 UMS FOR AN A! I WISH I WAS U! :frown:

Ive Got

C1: 92UMS (Resit on friday, hopefully 100UMS)
C2: 72UMS (Resit on friday, hopefully 100UMS)
C3: 69UMS (Final, not resitting)
S1: 72 UMS (Resit result predicted 80 UMS)
S2: 64 UMS (Resit result predicted 74 UMS)

meaning, if my resit results are as a i hope

C4: 45 UMS (Resit 2 weeks today, i would need 57UMS for an A)

dear god i need to go and revise C1 and C2
Reply 267
Hmm yeah i did pretty well tbh, maths is my best subject though.
C1= 92, C2=90, C3=96, C4=?, M1=99, S1=87, M2=88, D1=61(dunno how i've retaken anyway), FP1=66.
Reply 268
*deleted*
Aq2cool4u
Hmm yeah i did pretty well tbh, maths is my best subject though.
C1= 92, C2=90, C3=96, C4=?, M1=99, S1=87, M2=88, D1=61(dunno how i've retaken anyway), FP1=66.

wow.. i don't know how realistic 100% in c1 and c2 is because i always make a silly mistake somewhere but its kind of essential for me!
=(! I don't think we can talk about this exam until midnight...
Read the announcements.
I'll close this up until midnight. Don't start any other threads to discuss it please :smile:
Have fun, everyone!
Reply 274
Party time?
so.... the obvious question!

How did people find it?
Answers, answers, answers, does anyone have the paper to upload? Which question did ya'll find hardest?
I think i'm the only loser wanting to know about S2 lol

Does anyone know if there will be an unofficial markscheme soon please?

Hope it went well for everyone!!
thegodfather7
Answers, answers, answers, does anyone have the paper to upload? Which question did ya'll find hardest?

Q8.C!!! :confused:
I didn't get the standard deviation one :frown:
7 marks :frown:

but other than that i think it was ok.....

Latest

Trending

Trending