The Student Room Group

***The Revision Help Thread***

Don't know if something like this has been created before and sorry if it has. But I need help with revision, and I thought i'd make a thread where people can find help on the subject they're revising. So i'll start us off...

...I'm doing English combined at AS level, and im useless with the key terms. We're reading a book called ''Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha'' its about a young kid growing up in Ireland, and it uses the 1st person narrative. One of the questions will probably be something like; ''How does the author (Roddy Doyle) create a child like character in Paddy Clarke''

So how would an author create a young naive boy, what features would he use? Thanks :smile:
Depends how young, if he was roughly less than 10, then i think the author would use lots of imagery and writers craft too convey his childish attitude (metaphors, similes, onomatopoeia, personification etc...)???. Also as the book was written in 1st person the line of thought and structure would be broken and child-like.
I dunno, hope that helped, i'm not doing AS level so i cant be sure thats what u need but quote me if you need some extra help... :biggrin:
spacepirate-James
Depends how young, if he was roughly less than 10, then i think the author would use lots of imagery and writers craft too convey his childish attitude (metaphors, similes, onomatopoeia, personification etc...)???. Also as the book was written in 1st person the line of thought and structure would be broken and child-like.
I dunno, hope that helped, i'm not doing AS level so i cant be sure thats what u need but quote me if you need some extra help... :biggrin:

Thanks, the kid is younger than 10. That helped :yes:
Reply 4
this thread is destined to fail

Latest

Trending

Trending