The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Misogynist
Do away with the toast and make it three eggs fried in olive oil with vegetables and 500ml milk and we'll be talking.

better yet eggs fried in fry light
Reply 21
That's the good thing about weetabix, you don't have to measure it! I suppose that's quite filling compared to the others.
Reply 22
Misogynist
Loads of fruit is arguably worse than cereal. Depends on which fruit though.

worse in what sense?
oranges and grapes :smile: haha
Reply 23
Special K contains so so much sugar, don't eat it.
Jennifer_l85
That's the good thing about weetabix, you don't have to measure it! I suppose that's quite filling compared to the others.

yup, 2 weetabix biscuits is a 'healthy b choice' on my diet
Reply 25
rubbish! special k contains very little calories
Reply 26
Loeweloewe
rubbish! special k contains very little calories

Only if you have a few mouthfuls that won't fill you up for more than 10 minutes. At least bran flakes have more fibre so are a bit more filling.
Reply 27
Misogynist
Do away with the toast and make it three eggs fried in olive oil with vegetables and 500ml milk and we'll be talking.

OK but that sounds like way too much for me first thing in the morning? 500ml milk and three eggs! and veg is just wrong before about 1pm....

How are fried eggs (which are, IMO, disgusting) better for you than boiled eggs anyway?
luuucyx
worse in what sense?
oranges and grapes :smile: haha

Worse as in it's got more of what you're avoiding by not eating cereal.
Reply 29
I usually just get 3 eggs and scramble those badboys....mmm yeh
Reply 30
Ideally your biggest meal of the day should be breakfast since you just came back from 8 or so hours of solid sleep and now your body needs to kickstart your metabolism with protein... I have a protein shake and a cup of oatmeal which isn't that much...
Lell
OK but that sounds like way too much for me first thing in the morning? 500ml milk and three eggs! and veg is just wrong before about 1pm....

How are fried eggs (which are, IMO, disgusting) better for you than boiled eggs anyway?

The frying is done purely so you can get a good fat source in (Olive oil.) You could have a tbsp of olive oil on it's own with boiled eggs if you like. Same thing.
Reply 32
Misogynist
Worse as in it's got more of what you're avoiding by not eating cereal.

im gonna sound so dumb! but you mean sugars? or no taste? :confused:
ohh well it makes me feel thinner...
Reply 33
If you want to lose weight, just scoop a heap of Psyllium Husks over a mound of Tofu. I believe eating that alone would expend more calories than you would from taking in consuming the dish.

And plus it keeps you full for long :smile:
Reply 34
Jennifer_l85
Most healthy cereals like bran flakes and shreddies will put 'only x calories per bowl' on the front of the box. I recently weighed out the recommended serving size and was surprised to find that the portion was tiny and barely covered the bottom of the bowl. I'm not surprised the average person complains that they are putting on weight when they are probably eating around 5 times the recommended amount of cereal for breakfast each morning. Can you recommend any cereals that do fill you up without having to eat a larger portion, or would porridge be better?

OMG - so am I eating like 500 cals of cereal every morning?!?! OMG, I'm shocked. I usually fill up my boal like half way!!!!
Reply 35
luuucyx
im gonna sound so dumb! but you mean sugars? or no taste? :confused:
ohh well it makes me feel thinner...

It's easy to consume a lot of calories by eating fruit if you don't watch your serving sizes.
Lell
Two boiled eggs and a slice of toast=most filling breakfast ever and probably for considerably fewer calories and much better for you than a bowl of cereal!

Or one egg and two toasts if you're on a budget! :p:
Reply 37
Yazmina
OMG - so am I eating like 500 cals of cereal every morning?!?! OMG, I'm shocked. I usually fill up my boal like half way!!!!

Yes. Some of my friends who are trying to lose weight are eating 500 calories of bran flakes as a snack, during the day and before they go to sleep!
Loeweloewe
If you want to lose weight, just scoop a heap of Psyllium Husks over a mound of Tofu. I believe eating that alone would expend more calories than you would from taking in consuming the dish.

It isn't all about calories. Going on a very calorie restricted diet using 'tricks' like 'filling yourself up' (which doesn't work really) with water, fiber and other such things is a recipe for being skinny fat, losing muscle mass and appearing even pudgier than before.

It's best to do your weights, cardio and CLEAN UP your diet with a 500 calorie deficit. You will look much better than a person who half starved themselves and lost a few pounds. I guarantee it.
Reply 39
Loeweloewe

Plus that sounds so revolting you won't actually want to eat it and will take in less calories that way.

Latest