The Student Room Group

Gigantic People! Alpha Males!

Maybe not the BNP but it increases views 10 fold

Anyone else slightly obsessed with gigantic people like me?

Im going to run through a few people that are huge for those interested.

Andre the Giant probably the most famous. Approx about 7ft2 and knocking on 500lbs and the most famous of them all. He was incredible strong, had dwarf like proportions which made him unique in giantism terms. Most lanky and thin, yet he was the opposite, had short limbs and a huge body, had gigantic wrist circumference-12 inches, 2nd biggest i know of is 9 3/4 inches from a bloke i will talk about next. Pic below with another wrestler who is obviously bigger than 99%+ of all males as well.

Cleve Dean, probably one of the most famous arm wrestlers, brought up on a farm doing manual labour. Big time arm wrestler in the 70's and 80's won loads of world titles, done 2 world strongman events with no training and held his own. He's also got 9 3/4 inch wrists and his hands were huge. Pic of his hands below. Im linking the pic because i think this site might shrink it and you wont get a true reflection. you've obviously got to zoom in and its the actual size of his hand.

http://armwrestling.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/cleve-dean-hand.jpg

Dominic Filiou hes a strongman from Canada and is an absolute monster, hes like Cleve Dean just a naturally big bloke without any giantism or anything. I think he came 3rd in Worlds strongest man in 2005 but he doesnt handle the heat well or like the limelight. IMO hes got the biggest shoulder girdle on the planet, hes supossedly 4ft wide and makes the other strongmen look small. Hes about 6ft 5 and 450lbs before when competing, hes now cut down to 380lbs(27 stone) with a 6pac which is plain ridiculous(see in last pic).

Scroll to see replies

Is Noel Edmonds next to Andre the Giant? :holmes:
Reply 2
Reply 3
I don't know whats up with males these days. They dont seem to be into proper alpha things like arm wrestling, worlds strongest man(ive watched it all my life), worlds fastest man, 80's film's involving arnie, stallone, steven seagal, van damm. People with freaky big hands that can probably crush coconuts

same bloke

Reply 4
Bump!
Hot.
Well what do you want us to say?
Reply 7
It's like almost a disability
Hugh-Jackman

Spoiler

:lolwut:

Wowza.

They are seriously big hands...

Reminds me a little of that guy from the fantastic four.

Spoiler

Reply 9
forsaken_earth
Well what do you want us to say?

like wow wee, what can they lift. Tell me stories of local giants near you or great feats of strength witnessed.
Reply 10
Im going to bump regularly and daily for the next year.
Reply 11
Hugh-Jackman
I don't know whats up with males these days. They dont seem to be into proper alpha things like arm wrestling, worlds strongest man(ive watched it all my life), worlds fastest man, 80's film's involving arnie, stallone, steven seagal, van damm. People with freaky big hands that can probably crush coconuts

It's called evolving.
Reply 12
punktopia
It's called evolving.

Being 5ft nothing, 6 stone wet with guy liner on isnt evolving.
Reply 13
i wonder who would win in a fight a gorilla or andre the giant? I honestly think andre would give a good fight even though male gorillas are supposedly as strong as 7 average men. Andre is ****** huge!
Reply 14
Andre once drank 119 bottles of beer in one session.
caw123
Andre once drank 119 bottles of beer in one session.

1750 calories. Mmm nutritiuous..
Reply 16
yeah andre the giant has probably consumed the most alcohol in one sitting, being as big as he is and being an alcoholic will make some crazy drinking records. I'll try and find the site with the numbers and stories on.
Reply 18
Hugh-Jackman
Being 5ft nothing, 6 stone wet with guy liner on isnt evolving.

Speak for yourself.
punktopia
Speak for yourself.

I'm not sure that evolution is subjective

Also, 8/10 thread so far, keep it up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending