The Student Room Group
EDEXCEL:

-Pre-modifiers give rise to attitudes and values
- any semantic fields present
- any links between the text and social/historical contexts

Actually, before i go on any futher, are you doing GCSE, AS or A2???
Reply 2
rainjan_4now
EDEXCEL:

-Pre-modifiers give rise to attitudes and values
- any semantic fields present
- any links between the text and social/historical contexts

Actually, before i go on any futher, are you doing GCSE, AS or A2???

A2, sorry forgot to tell you....
monalisa
A2, sorry forgot to tell you....

OOOH, I CAN HELP YOU THERE AS I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY A GRADE :biggrin:

well, you doing lang and lit or just lit??? Also whats ur examining board?

- a few other features
mode, register, genre, purpose of text, listing, paralinguistic features, personifications, metaphors, smilies, onomatopaeia, idiolects of charcters, etc

if your doing english lang and lit, with edexcel- you need to make sure you point out attitudes and values of the author (you :p: ). Also you would have to compare and contrast the different pieces. Marks for attitudes and values are double weighted.
Reply 4
thanks! yes i am doing lang and lit with edexcel, and need to write the whole commentary for tomorrow. i dont even have my textbook here with me, and i always forget all the technical words you wrote, could you please explain the meaning of listing, paralinguistic features and idiolects of charcters? thanks!
how do you think i should structure my analysis? i really dont know what to do :frown:
monalisa
thanks! yes i am doing lang and lit with edexcel, and need to write the whole commentary for tomorrow. i dont even have my textbook here with me, and i always forget all the technical words you wrote, could you please explain the meaning of listing, paralinguistic features and idiolects of charcters? thanks!
how do you think i should structure my analysis? i really dont know what to do :frown:

listing- blue, black, red, etc

idiolect of characters- "naah, i aint got none"- means that the character has an informal colloquial idiolect, and can gives rise to regional habitation

paralinguistic features- "he tilted his head away from my face as i tried to kiss him"- basically, paralinguistic features are any movements made on stage or in a book. the quote i gave would imply that the man is not interested in the females kiss, and their relationship can be argued to be negative.

dont hesitate to ask for anymore help- i may not have explained them well :smile:

Latest