The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
AveragePro
I found 07 and 08 very doable, both A cutoff's have been 68%. Hoping for the same this year:woo:

waaaat No wonder so many of us managed to pass :p:

Good luck tomorrow.
Reply 61
an A has been at 68%, is that what youz are saying.
how?
nav_ahmad
an A has been at 68%, is that what youz are saying.
how?

How what? The SQA manipulate the grade boundaries in order to compensate for more difficult or easier papers than their target.

If you look at the grade boundaries on the SQA statistics page for 2008, you'll see the A mark was 137, out of 200 - which is 68.5%.

And yes, the grade boundaries are based on the course as a whole (although you have to at least pass the exam to get the award).
:eek: good luckkkk
Reply 64
How was it?
Reply 65
Exam was okay.. I feel that previous years have been better though.
Reply 66
Rachely
Exam was okay.. I feel that previous years have been better though.

agreed

some were easy.
some required quite a bit of thought.
some I had absolutely no clue.
I thought the exam went okay but not great. I accidently missed out the first 16 marks of the networking section :mad:, can't believe that.
Other than that then the exam was good :smile:. I got a good coursework mark (58/60) too, and in my prelim i got 83%, so if i do get a B i will defo appeal for an A :smile:
Reply 68
meorgiou181191
I thought the exam went okay but not great. I accidently missed out the first 16 marks of the networking section :mad:, can't believe that.
Other than that then the exam was good :smile:. I got a good coursework mark (58/60) too, and in my prelim i got 83%, so if i do get a B i will defo appeal for an A :smile:

WOOOOW 58/60!

I got 48/60 and was highest in my year lol!
our teacher was very very nit-picky.
teendude
WOOOOW 58/60!

I got 48/60 and was highest in my year lol!
our teacher was very very nit-picky.

nice! 48 is impresive and means you have got 22% in the bag. (don't hold me to that lol my math can be a little dodgy)

Here's my programming coursework. If you want to have a look. I'm guessing thats ok now that the exam is over and coursework has been handed in..... I couldn't seem to find part 2 :s-smilie: It will be on here sumwhere.
There were about 15 marks worth of things I'm sure we didn't do in class :|
ah well, nothing i can do about it noww :p:
Reply 71
Sparuuto
How was it?

Very easy to be honest, perhaps easier than 2008 past paper.

On to Spanish now! :s-smilie:
Reply 72
AveragePro
Very easy to be honest, perhaps easier than 2008 past paper.

On to Spanish now! :s-smilie:

yh i thought the same aswell, i didn't miss any questions and didn't do as bad as i thought i would do
Reply 73
ik92
yh i thought the same aswell, i didn't miss any questions and didn't do as bad as i thought i would do

(y) . I missed out the formating the % question, could'nt remember how to do it and its only 2 marks. The teacher hadn't taught us flow charts so that was another poor question. Other than that i enjoyed it! haha - finished half an hour early too booya!
Reply 74
meorgiou181191
nice! 48 is impresive and means you have got 22% in the bag. (don't hold me to that lol my math can be a little dodgy)

Here's my programming coursework. If you want to have a look. I'm guessing thats ok now that the exam is over and coursework has been handed in..... I couldn't seem to find part 2 :s-smilie: It will be on here sumwhere.

Code looks very good, I got 58 as well, but it was last year can't find my code and it was a different task. :cool:
So, how did you all get on then? x
ik92
your welcome:wink:
yh its not that bad for an A pass id say
i think i'll be needing that much aswell in the exam but not too sure cos our school doesn't tell us what we get in our coursework:s-smilie:
but i think i got atleast 50:rolleyes:

i'm goin for all A's this year :drool: haha - hopefully

gd luck for the exam! :hifro:

The cut-offs don't seem so bad after that exam now, eh?!
That was a really great paper :smile:
What section 3 unit did you do? x
Reply 77
Willis Brightside
The cut-offs don't seem so bad after that exam now, eh?!
That was a really great paper :smile:
What section 3 unit did you do? x

yh :yes: , this years exam was much easier i thought compared to the past years, i quite enjoyed it actually:biggrin:

i did the computer networking optional unit:smile:
ik92
yh :yes: , this years exam was much easier i thought compared to the past years, i quite enjoyed it actually:biggrin:

i did the computer networking optional unit:smile:

Yeah, same, although not so much I want to do AH or that, like!!
I done networking too - what class did you write the network was?
Reply 79
oh dear i jus realised that there was a part (b) to question 1, REALLY EASY ONE MARK AND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT (urghh!!)

also for question 19(a) Name the Act of Parliament that makes this network illegal - i put down ' The Misuse of Computer Act' but when i looked up my notes after the exam it says
' The Computer Misuse Act ' - would i still get a mark even though it means the same thing?

Latest

Trending

Trending