The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Sir Esh
I'm currently reading The Runaway Jury, a John Grisham. Finding it quite good, although when I first started reading it I wasn't sure I'd like his style. Found myself saying things like "I would have written that like.." etc. the whole time over the first few pages :p:

I read one of Grisham's books and couldn't make it through another. They are so same-ish. Apparently I read one of the better ones (The Testament) and that wasn't even that amazing..and even staunch fans admit they're all written on the same formula.
Reply 3981
Oh... I've just taken another one out from the library.. probably not a good move, then XD

As for the "ditto" - What I said here and here :wink:
Yeh.. I was just ditto-ing for effect :smile: I'm glad I can at least order it. I will do so very soon ;yes;
I'm reading Porterhouse Blue by Tom Sharpe. Its grim :laugh:
Count me as a member! Any Kurt Vonnegut fans here?
I haven't heard of Kurt Vonnegut ;no;

You need to go to the 'Socs' link on the blue toolbar beneath the TSR logo and go through the pages till you find The Literary Society and put in a join request :smile:
Reply 3986
Then either Craggy or myself will accept you, and you will officially be part of this society.
Demon I realise now where you got this m4d skillz lark from! Its from House MD isn't it?! :biggrin:
Demon_AS
Then either Craggy or myself will accept you, and you will officially be part of this society.

:five:
Reply 3989
Epicurus
Demon I realise now where you got this m4d skillz lark from! Its from House MD isn't it?! :biggrin:
Lol, of course.

I'm sure I said as much.

House: What did you do, call 'em perky? You're years away from m4d skillz like those! :p:

:rofl: :toofunny:
*cough* :ninja:

Colleges mentioned in the first 50 odd pages of Porterhouse Blue are Caius and Gonville, Corpus Christi, Trinity Hall, Trinity and Kings :proud:

We'll see which others I unearth :hubba:
Reply 3991
Woohoo, 4000th post! :party:
:dancing:
Craghyrax
*cough* :ninja:

Colleges mentioned in the first 50 odd pages of Porterhouse Blue are Caius and Gonville, Corpus Christi, Trinity Hall, Trinity and Kings :proud:

We'll see which others I unearth :hubba:

I think Clare's mentioned somewhere! :smile:
Neutral_Tones
I think Clare's mentioned somewhere! :smile:

It is indeed. On page 165.

Role call:

Caius, Corpus, Trinity Hall, Trinity, Kings, Girton, Jesus, Pembroke, St Catherines, Christs, Churchill, Magdalene, Clare's, Peterhouse, Selwyn, Fitzwilliam, John's.. uh..that's all I've got so far. Nearly finished the book ;yes;
Reply 3995
Sorry, what are we talking about? I missed something. .
Reply 3996
Something probably Cambridge related.

I.e. boring talk :p:.
Porterhouse Blue.. a satire about a Cam college. Me and Epi had different ideas on which college it was taking the p out of, so I was gathering up evidence for my case :hubba:
Reply 3998
Heh... so I was right, then. :p:
:creep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending