The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Ronaldinho_88
I wonder if anyone here have read The Dark Tower - trilogy by Stephen King?

Isn't it a septet? (or whatever a series of seven is called)

I read a bit of the first one, I didn't really enjoy it though.
Reply 581
Ramy
i love books and would love to join ur society. have just finished reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and loved it!!!!!! Gonna start it again soon. so is it ok if ur society has one more member?

sure Ramy,just add it to your sig :smile:
and yeah,angels and demons is ace.have you read Deception Point by Dan Brown?imo,that was the best of his 4 books
Reply 582
Hi everyone, I was wondering whether I could join your society. Do I need to name any books that I've read? If that's the case then I just finished The Da Vinci code. I will be starting Hitler and Stalin: Parallel lives by Alan Bullock soon.
Reply 583
death,i like your name:biggrin::
sure you can join.i was just discussing dan brown books with ramy.have you read any of his other books?
Reply 584
no unfortunately. The Da Vinci Code was my first but I can guarantee it wont be my last. Which one of the other 3 do you recommend I read first?
Reply 585
deception point was the best for meh.probably followed by digital fortress and then angels and demons and da vinci code
Reply 586
yo-less
sure Ramy,just add it to your sig :smile:
and yeah,angels and demons is ace.have you read Deception Point by Dan Brown?imo,that was the best of his 4 books

I've read all of his books but my faves were da vinci code and angels and demons cos i liked all the kinda art history background. i thought that stuff was really fascinating. currently reading Weefree men by terry prattchet.its kinda weird but i'm gettin into it. what u readin at the mo?
Reply 587
Ramy
I've read all of his books but my faves were da vinci code and angels and demons cos i liked all the kinda art history background. i thought that stuff was really fascinating. currently reading Weefree men by terry prattchet.its kinda weird but i'm gettin into it. what u readin at the mo?

a Series Of Unfortunate Events:The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony snicket :cool:

awesome stuff

as for the dan Browns,it all depends what you're interested in.i liked Deception Point cos i like science and stories about or involving the extra terristrial
Reply 588
I am pure. I haven't read anything by Dan Brown :biggrin:
Reply 589
I posted a topic on this question but nobody seems to care for some reason. I was wondering whether any "Da Vinci Code" readers could help me out with this one. I searched on the net for the Priory of Sion and I was surprised to see several people mentioning the name Sauniere. I immediately remembered that that was the name used in the book for Sophie's grandfather who apparently is a descendant of Jesus Christ. Now the Sauniere that I read about on the internet is supposed to be some kind of a priest/agent of the Priory. Do you think Dan Brown intentionally chose to use his name?
Reply 590
Becca

Well done you. Now, I know there will be temptation ahead, but for your own sake, and for the good of humanity, stick to the path you have chosen.
Becca

Me too! I've been tempted, but I've managed to stay away.
Reply 592
Death
I posted a topic on this question but nobody seems to care for some reason. I was wondering whether any "Da Vinci Code" readers could help me out with this one. I searched on the net for the Priory of Sion and I was surprised to see several people mentioning the name Sauniere. I immediately remembered that that was the name used in the book for Sophie's grandfather who apparently is a descendant of Jesus Christ. Now the Sauniere that I read about on the internet is supposed to be some kind of a priest/agent of the Priory. Do you think Dan Brown intentionally chose to use his name?

i would suppose so,it isn't a common name
Reply 593
Madelyn
Well done you. Now, I know there will be temptation ahead, but for your own sake, and for the good of humanity, stick to the path you have chosen.

:rolleyes:

i have sinned it seems.nevermind.it's not like i worship the fellow...

Lemony snicket however...:adore:
yo-less
:rolleyes:

i have sinned it seems.nevermind.it's not like i worship the fellow...

Lemony snicket however...:adore:

Psst!

The "Jesus married Mary Magdalen and their dsecendants were the kings of France" claptrap was written up some years ago. The fact that there is no reason to believe a word of it showed how cunning the conspiracy was, they said.
Reply 596
ayaan

Psst!

[Expand= :eek: ]you're ****ing kidding me? :rolleyes:
Reply 597
i think that the da vinci code is overrated it wasn't that good.
Reply 598
the writing wasn't good,it was just the story that hooked people
Reply 599
it has to be a good book to appeal to so many people :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending