The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
I just finished reading Derailed by James Siegel...now its onto War and Peace :afraid: :eek:
I'm reading Abhorsen by Garth Nix at the moment.
Reply 1382
Good book :biggrin: Although the ending wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Read Keys to the Kingdom by Nix - excellent series :biggrin:. Starts off with Mr Monday.
Yes, they look good, I may read them after I finish Abhorsen.
Reply 1384
Good decision :biggrin: Excellent books.
Jayjayjay
Erm, sorry it is late but I agree one hundred percent.

:biggrin: I love you:p: ...hehe!!
Reply 1386
Erm... Wake up?
haven't read any new things sorry.
Reply 1388
I just bought Robin Hobb's 'Royal Assassin' and George.R.R. Martin's 'A Game of Thrones':biggrin: The former cost 1.5 times the other:hmmm: Why can't they sell books cheaper damnit?
Reply 1389
I wish they did! Unfortunately... it's a price you have to pay for good reads :frown:. That's why I like going to Oxfam Bookshops lol... real value for money there!
I think the prices of books ought to depend on how good they are, with good books being cheaper, so that people are encouraged to read them instead of trash, which would be really expensive.
Reply 1391
Unfortunately in the real world exactly the opposite happens.
Reply 1392
or its a mix, and then i get confused and buy a crap book.....WHY DO THEY MAKE ME DO THAT ?!?!

anyhoo i have been a bit lazy with my reading but easter soon which will be a good opportunity to read/revise !
Reply 1393
Easter holidays are so short!:frown: I'm reading the two books I have as slowly as possible because after I'm finished with them I have nothing else (well I do have tons technically but not what I'm looking for right now!)
I'm stocking up on books now while I have the money, so that when I'm in University I wont have to buy so many new ones :biggrin:
Reply 1395
I'm half way through 'Crime and Punishment' (Dostoyevsky), it's keeping me away from my homework which is not really a good thing right now!
Ah well...
AngryJellyfish
I'm stocking up on books now while I have the money, so that when I'm in University I wont have to buy so many new ones :biggrin:

Lol- that's a good idea!:biggrin: I've got such a long list of books that I want!:p: :biggrin:
Reply 1397
Lol, lucky. It's getting the point where all the books I want haven't been published yet, so I have to wait for a few years before they come out! A prime example of this would be A Sword from Red Ice by J. V. Jones, which should have come out about two years ago lol, but still hasn't. Last I checked, it was due to be published November 2006... and still no word.

*cries*.
Reply 1398
s hemmy
I'm half way through 'Crime and Punishment' (Dostoyevsky), it's keeping me away from my homework which is not really a good thing right now!
Ah well...

i can't wait to read that after my exams (notice the dicipline there):biggrin:
Reply 1399
gemby!
i can't wait to read that after my exams (notice the dicipline there):biggrin:

i almost started reading it !

curses be you, good book that i cant read because i must focus on WW1 synoptic ! :frown: :mad: :redface: :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending