The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

asparmar1
hey guys,
just thought I'd say hi; I'm going to be in Rutland come September and I'm studying Chemistry...can't wait! Gonna be absolutely quality, we're in for some nights!

You might be in for some nights ... but I'm going out!!

Welcome to the thread anyway :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
asparmar1
Yeah looks like we can expect many 'Rutland take it up the ass' chants. Oh well, means we'll just have to best them at everything :wink:

What course is everyone doing then? And is anyone here going to be doing any sports? Rutland is next to the gym pretty much so we're quite lucky in that sense. Really want to get into badminton/basketball/cricket come uni!

Sorry guys, can't be bothered to keep editing posts so I'm just gonna quote everyone to catch up with the convo's.

As for the chants, we'll have a few of our own: "Who the facking hell are you" immediately springs to mind, but we'll invent more.

I intend to sign up for the gym cos I wanna carry on losing weight and trying to build muscle. I wanna learn to play cricket and i'd love to play football again. May use my size to some advantage and play rugby as well, see how much time we have.
Wiseneira

And anyway, I can shop for towels hungover! :P:

Nothing ever comes between a woman and her shopping!!

Wiseneira
My preperations have mainly consisted of making lots of lists and then not doing anything on them lol

That's just a womans idea of organisation preparation full stop *ducks*

Wiseneira
Well the Bulmers is fine. I mean, a cheap imitation, but fine :p:

You can insult me, you can insult my fashion, family and football. But you leave the booze out of this!!

Wiseneira
Honeslty guys, I'm serious. Beer for shower :smile: lol I think you'll find its a good deal...

Right, deal! 4 cans of Lidl Lager in exchange for a year of blissful showering. No peeking as I get out though :p: :biggrin:

Wiseneira
xxx

xxx
Reply 383
has everyone paid for accommodation yet?or if not, whens everyone paying for it? im SO confused by it :smile: haha
Reply 384
cunningstunt87
Sorry guys, can't be bothered to keep editing posts so I'm just gonna quote everyone to catch up with the convo's.

As for the chants, we'll have a few of our own: "Who the facking hell are you" immediately springs to mind, but we'll invent more.

I intend to sign up for the gym cos I wanna carry on losing weight and trying to build muscle. I wanna learn to play cricket and i'd love to play football again. May use my size to some advantage and play rugby as well, see how much time we have.

Yeah i've lost a hell of a lot of weight this year and want to build up the muscle come uni. Definately want to get into Cricket, one of my favourite sports but i've never had the chance to play it much :frown:
Reply 385
gutted! I've played that beautiful sport for years :wink:
asparmar1
Yeah i've lost a hell of a lot of weight this year and want to build up the muscle come uni. definitely want to get into Cricket, one of my favourite sports but i've never had the chance to play it much :frown:

Congratulations. I've lost about a stone this summer, but I've not done as much as I could've done to be honest.

20 days and counting now guys. It might just be time to start thinking about getting ready :biggrin:
Reply 387
Im in Rutland hall single study, and i am studying politics. See you there
PAZER101

maths08
helloo ppl im in the old rutland hall aswell doing civil engineering gona b awesome cant wait and looking at this thread i think i need to do sum shopping! ur all well ahead! 3 weeks one day! yess im defo gona b cricketing/badmintoning

goodposter
Hi guys, I just received an email from Nottingham saying that I've been given a place in Rutland Hall. Hope I'm welcome

Very very excited, will be studying straight maths.

And judging by this thread... maybe I should tell people I drink bulmers, because I do love it

asparmar1
hey guys,
just thought I'd say hi; I'm going to be in Rutland come September and I'm studying Chemistry...can't wait! Gonna be absolutely quality, we're in for some nights!

:hi: Hey to all these new Rutlanders! Jeez theres so many of us now I'm finding it difficult to keep up lol. I'm Imrana and will be studying Medicine. On moving-in day I'll be the one coming in a huge van with an army of family members lol :p:

In exactly 3 weeks time we will all be there! I'm unbelievably excited but at the same time absolutely terrified lol
Wiseneira

Well the Bulmers is fine. I mean, a cheap imitation, but fine :p:

Its more the MATHS that worries me! :eek:
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for geeks, I love geeks, but honestly, MATHS?! :p:
And now chemistry too?! :p:

Nah, I joke, good luck to you all :smile:

Honeslty guys, I'm serious. Beer for shower :smile: lol I think you'll find its a good deal...

xxx

Haha, I reckon we're in for a few cheap imitations this year, being on student bugets :p:

And I've got an en suite, so if anyone want to do bulmers for shower? although i'd need alot of it :smile:

As for the maths thing, I'm still a normal person :p: hope my coursemates are alright.
Reply 390
Btw guys when are we supposed to move in? Help on this matter would be appreciated :smile:

Just joined the Snooker/Pool society on facebook (need to fit time in for that and badminton/cricket). woop!
asparmar1
Btw guys when are we supposed to move in? Help on this matter would be appreciated :smile:

Just joined the Snooker/Pool society on facebook (need to fit time in for that and badminton/cricket). woop!

I've joined that, though I'm more of a pool player than a snooker player.
PAZER101

L200 Politics?
17 days, 8 hours and 26 minutes until we can move in ... Not that I'm counting ...
Reply 394
doesnt seem it either stunt :wink:
cunningstunt87
17 days, 8 hours and 26 minutes until we can move in ... Not that I'm counting ...

Hahaha someones an eager beaver! Although, I wouldn't blame you, I'd be pretty excited if I was about to meet Buck for the first time :p: :p: :biggrin: Do you know when we're gonna find out aur room numbers and stuff? And when do we pick up the keys for our room? :confused:

I have officially been given the worst username EVER.....it sounds like some kinda tropical foot disease!!!! :eek: And I'm stuck woth it for 5 flippin years!
buck-your-waas
Hahaha someones an eager beaver! Although, I wouldn't blame you, I'd be pretty excited if I was about to meet Buck for the first time :p: :p: :biggrin: Do you know when we're gonna find out aur room numbers and stuff? And when do we pick up the keys for our room? :confused:

I have officially been given the worst username EVER.....it sounds like some kinda tropical foot disease!!!! :eek: And I'm stuck woth it for 5 flippin years!

I haven't had anything from the uni since my offer changed to unconditional. Since the start of summer even. So I know nothing. But you're right, I'm looking forward to meeting Buck and using her shower :wink: :biggrin:

And Buck - I could have told you your username sounds like a tropical foot disease months ago ... Oh ... You mean your Nottingham username ... I see !!
Reply 397
buck-your-waas

i looked on the arrival website, and it said that when we arrive on the 20th, we check in at our hall and we will be given our keys and room numbers. we're also gonna get some welcome packet and our university card and meal card. hope that helps! (http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/accomm_offer/Arrival_Information.html)

the emails are ridiculous! mine is sooo strange too!
cunningstunt87
I haven't had anything from the uni since my offer changed to unconditional. Since the start of summer even. So I know nothing. But you're right, I'm looking forward to meeting Buck and using her shower :wink: :biggrin:

And Buck - I could have told you your username sounds like a tropical foot disease months ago ... Oh ... You mean your Nottingham username ... I see !!

Really? Haven't you recieved the welcome guide, with details on when and where we have to register and stuff, and whats going on in freshers week? Most people have got that by now, I think you should maybe ring the uni up or something and have them resend it. It may have got lost/destroyed in the post.....
buck-your-waas
Really? Haven't you recieved the welcome guide, with details on when and where we have to register and stuff, and whats going on in freshers week? Most people have got that by now, I think you should maybe ring the uni up or something and have them resend it. It may have got lost/destroyed in the post.....

I received it this morning actually, about an hour or so after I posted that. Not really read it properly yet. Maybe I should take a break from here for an hour :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending