The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
looking good dawg! :wink:

you're all alcis!!! haha, i dont mind a bottle or 2 a night, but i couldnt get pissed every night! Due to the fact if i go my fitness will blow out the window haha.

have a good time there guys!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
jimbles
looking good dawg! :wink:

you're all alcis!!! haha, i dont mind a bottle or 2 a night, but i couldnt get pissed every night! Due to the fact if i go my fitness will blow out the window haha.

have a good time there guys!

I have no fitness to start with so it's not a problem for me :biggrin:
Just bought 8 Sol beers, 2 Ciders, One bottle of Mead and one of Sake and 6 ramen noodle pots and about 50 bags of oolong tea. Opps.
Reply 543
Haha I'm glad my sport-watching obsession please y'all :smile:
I'd like to watch all 4, but I'm reasonable, just the deciders will do me lol. And yes, the Ger-talian national anthem DID get old VVEEEERY fast.
We think Button can have it wrapped up in Brazil like they claim? And what WILL Ross Brawn do if it comes down to one or the other? Do you back the British driver? Do you back Barrichello cuz, lets be honest, its his turn! lol uuugh so many issues.

Oh Oh Oh OH aaaaand, while we're on the subject of games, of palour and bedroom and drinking variety, I AM bringing my Twister Double Duvet set :smile: So we'll have to be playing a game of that soon :smile:

Also, I'm thinking games like articulate could be fun. and OOOObviously, task for the first week or so will be establishing the Ring Of Fire House Rules - otherwise we arent really students lol

xxx
Wiseneira
I'd like to watch all 4, but I'm reasonable, just the deciders will do me lol. And yes, the Ger-talian national anthem DID get old VVEEEERY fast.
We think Button can have it wrapped up in Brazil like they claim? And what WILL Ross Brawn do if it comes down to one or the other? Do you back the British driver? Do you back Barrichello cuz, lets be honest, its his turn! lol uuugh so many issues.

Oh Oh Oh OH aaaaand, while we're on the subject of games, of palour and bedroom and drinking variety, I AM bringing my Twister Double Duvet set :smile: So we'll have to be playing a game of that soon :smile:

Also, I'm thinking games like articulate could be fun. and OOOObviously, task for the first week or so will be establishing the Ring Of Fire House Rules - otherwise we arent really students lol

xxx

Seriously, marry me!!

Although I have no idea what any of those drinking games are. This could be a fun freshers week after all :biggrin:
Wiseneira

xxx

Glad you mentioned it just boxed up two packs of nice cards, so we're all systems go!

Bedroom twister, oh how many time i've fallen for THAT trap.
Reply 546
cunningstunt87
Seriously, marry me!!

Although I have no idea what any of those drinking games are. This could be a fun freshers week after all :biggrin:

You dont knoooow?! Have you never been to a house party?! lol
Ring of Fire is a nice, family friendly simple card game.... honest... lol

end account
Glad you mentioned it just boxed up two packs of nice cards, so we're all systems go!

Bedroom twister, oh how many time i've fallen for THAT trap.

Haha, oooh no, you dont want nice cards, they'll get ruined :P
I think bottles is my favourite rule - it should be simple but it just isnt.

Haha it would be the ultimate chat up line, but i haven't used it yet lol.

xxxx
Wiseneira
You dont knoooow?! Have you never been to a house party?! lol
Ring of Fire is a nice, family friendly simple card game.... honest... lol

I've got a poker set talking of card games ... And no, I've never been to a house party. Plenty of pubs though :wink: I'm gonna google your game (which will probably result in trawling through Johnny Cash websites for hours) xx
Hahaha, find some cheap cards then. Good times for all.

What drink is everyone bringing to start them off?
Reply 550
ive got many a pack of cards that are suitable for this purpose

long story short - i decided to buy a box of 12 packs of bicycle cards (which are really nice) a couple years ago, and thanks to games such as ring of fire and higher or lower etc etc, theyre pretty damaged, so perfect for further use :smile:
Eta
ive got many a pack of cards that are suitable for this purpose

long story short - i decided to buy a box of 12 packs of bicycle cards (which are really nice) a couple years ago, and thanks to games such as ring of fire and higher or lower etc etc, theyre pretty damaged, so perfect for further use :smile:

As an ex-magician in training, Bicycle are a make close to my heart! Both my packs are new Bicycles. ^^

Before anyone asks me to do any tricks, i've forgotten most of them, used to work at a magic bar type thing, but that was a few years ago now.

Talking of years ago, Birthdays!! when is everyones? 20th is on Nov 29th ^^.
end account
As an ex-magician in training, Bicycle are a make close to my heart! Both my packs are new Bicycles. ^^

Before anyone asks me to do any tricks, i've forgotten most of them, used to work at a magic bar type thing, but that was a few years ago now.

I'm 23 on the 22nd April :cool:

I know a couple of women I'd like you to saw in half, if you can still do it. I don't mind if you're a bit rusty :biggrin:
cunningstunt87
I'm 23 on the 22nd April :cool:

I know a couple of women I'd like you to saw in half, if you can still do it. I don't mind if you're a bit rusty :biggrin:

Rusty saw, Rusty magic, it's all the same. Ah cool, looking forward to it?
end account
Rusty saw, Rusty magic, it's all the same. Ah cool, looking forward to it?

My Birthday? It's a bit far off to be worrying about to be honest.

Or Uni? In which case I go from being extremely excited to extremely stressed!! How about you?
cunningstunt87
My Birthday? It's a bit far off to be worrying about to be honest.

Or Uni? In which case I go from being extremely excited to extremely stressed!! How about you?

Very excited for university. Got my room all cleared out ready for the move, wiped down all the surfaces and so its a blank canvas again *I'm a bit of a minimalist!* got everything I need for university in 4 labeled cardboard boxes ready to go!
end account
Very excited for university. Got my room all cleared out ready for the move, wiped down all the surfaces and so its a blank canvas again *I'm a bit of a minimalist!* got everything I need for university in 4 labeled cardboard boxes ready to go!

My room looks like a bomb site so I need to do something with that. Apart from clothes, I'll only take beer for the first week, toiletries (deodrant, shaving gear etc.), my laptop, ipod and books. Can't imagine needing anything else.

Edit: Plus an airer to dry clothes on and a printer.
buck-your-waas
Its never too late to join the thread! :hi: I'm Imrana and I'll be studying Medicine. In response to the email you sent me, I think the kitchenettes are very basic, so if you're planning to cook Come-Dine-With-Me-Style you're in trouble lol....if you look further back into this thread I think Stunt posted some info about the kitchens :smile: I'm gonna miss cooking a lot too lol.....

The fancy dress partys look soooo much fun! :woo: I'm going to get accessories for all the outfits tomorrow, but i doubt I'll be going to every single party as I don't wanna tire myself out. For the UV rave, I'm cutting up my little sisters neon tights and turning them into long gloves. Lets just hope she doesn't notice :p:

Does anyone know what on earth "Wonderland" theme means?!?!?

yeah im going to miss cooking but still i dont think the catered food is that bad... yeah im quite into my fancy dress lol. neon sounds gd - ive got a neon yellow top to wear for that and pretty much same stuff for rave as uv rave. cave man im not sure - prob just messy hair and some form of cavemanish fabric. wonderland no idea but maybe like 'alice in wonderland' so like madhatters and stuff. rumble in the jungle is pretty similar to caveman i reckon.

also you said about being worried bout not getting on with ppl etc , i am exactly the same, you just want to get be all settled in and have met new ppl and stuff but im sure itll all work out and yourll meet loads of like minded ppl!

xxxxx
georgina_standley
yeah im going to miss cooking but still i dont think the catered food is that bad... yeah im quite into my fancy dress lol. neon sounds gd - ive got a neon yellow top to wear for that and pretty much same stuff for rave as uv rave. cave man im not sure - prob just messy hair and some form of cavemanish fabric. wonderland no idea but maybe like 'alice in wonderland' so like madhatters and stuff. rumble in the jungle is pretty similar to caveman i reckon.

also you said about being worried bout not getting on with ppl etc , i am exactly the same, you just want to get be all settled in and have met new ppl and stuff but im sure itll all work out and yourll meet loads of like minded ppl!

xxxxx

Good guess on the wonderland theme! Gotta be that.
I really don't like fancy dress. Bit, of a snob on that one =___=;; Seen a friends cave girl costume for the night and it's pretty much that, caveman fabric, a belt and back combed hair.
Reply 559
end account

yerr i used to do the odd magic trick, mainly with cards. :smile:
have long since forgotten a lot though!

Latest

Trending

Trending