The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
I'm probably gona give the wonderland party a miss, because im lucky enough to also be a medic, and so I can go to a toga party instead that night. sounds easier to dress up for :P
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 561
Lol what is a wonderland theme anyone got any idea what to go to it as

I'm so looking forward to it now can't beleive it is only about 5 days away now.

Or I think I forgot to say my name is Alex
just been looking at weekone site - all the events look good although think we'll all be a bit fancy dressed out by the end of the week - bought my caveman fabric today! not sure what ill do for wonderland, maybe madhatter or something. is anyone else doing psychology and going to go to psychology break the ice formal on the boat?
also, am i the only one who hasnt started packing yet? i havent even bought a lot of my stuff lol
xxx
Reply 563
georgina_standley
just been looking at weekone site - all the events look good although think we'll all be a bit fancy dressed out by the end of the week - bought my caveman fabric today! not sure what ill do for wonderland, maybe madhatter or something. is anyone else doing psychology and going to go to psychology break the ice formal on the boat?
also, am i the only one who hasnt started packing yet? i havent even bought a lot of my stuff lol
xxx

Don't worry you're not the only one! My room is still a mess and i haven't even thought about sorting stuff out for uni lol. I'll do it after work on Saturday...

As for drinking games, anything but soggy biscuit and i'm in!
asparmar1
Don't worry you're not the only one! My room is still a mess and i haven't even thought about sorting stuff out for uni lol. I'll do it after work on Saturday...

I've started tidying my room, but I've not started packing yet either. I'll start packing tomorrow, after I've been shopping for a new pair of football boots.

Just finished my last shift at work (until christmas anyway). Gonna miss some of the guys there, not seeing them every week.
asparmar1

It's ok, i'll swap you out and sit you down strapped in to play, soaked jaffa cake, and meanwhile back at HQ I need ideas on something to do for three days that doesnt involve DVD boxsets or trying to brew new teas by mixing herbs.
asparmar1

yeah im in the process of tidying mine at the moment. got an ikea trip on thursday to buy stuff for my room although ill probably forget loads of important stuff. is anyone bothering to take a tv btw?
xxxx
georgina_standley
yeah im in the process of tidying mine at the moment. got an ikea trip on thursday to buy stuff for my room although ill probably forget loads of important stuff. is anyone bothering to take a tv btw?
xxxx

Nope. But if you are then make sure you bring an x-box, a copy of pro evo and plenty of beers. Or you won't make many friends :wink:

And I'm shotgunning the tv in the JCR for all football related programming. Any arguments, take them up with SrWences, his vocabulary is better than mine !!!
cunningstunt87
Nope. But if you are then make sure you bring an x-box, a copy of pro evo and plenty of beers. Or you won't make many friends :wink:

And I'm shotgunning the tv in the JCR for all football related programming. Any arguments, take them up with SrWences, his vocabulary is better than mine !!!

Errr....I think you'll find that Monday-Friday at 5.30, the TV belongs to MOI :hmmm: Rep for anyone who can guess what my fave show is :p:

Most of my stuff is now in suitcases, bags or crates. :p: I'm a bit worried that I'm taking too much lol
Is anyone going to see Simon Bird on Saturday night at The Den, or going to Cadbury Land on Tuesday?

As for parties, my plan is to go to the UV rave on Monday, the Friday Rave in the freshers marquee, and the end of week one party on Sunday as that is huge. And I'll probably go to one of the fancy dress partys on Wednesday or Thursday, I'm not too sure yet. Depends how worn out I am and who else is going. And if I have any medicine-related stuff the next morning :p:

And I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, you all seem very lovely (but a tad drunk :p:) I'll be the short chubby Asian girl with short black hair and a fringe, most likely blabbering on about something uncontrollably due to excitement/nervousness. Nobody will actually be listening though, and if they do, they probably won't understand what I'm saying :woo:
buck-your-waas
Is anyone going to see Simon Bird on Saturday night at The Den, or going to Cadbury Land on Tuesday?

As for parties, my plan is to go to the UV rave on Monday, the Friday Rave in the freshers marquee, and the end of week one party on Sunday as that is huge. And I'll probably go to one of the fancy dress partys on Wednesday or Thursday, I'm not too sure yet. Depends how worn out I am and who else is going. And if I have any medicine-related stuff the next morning :p:

And I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, you all seem very lovely (but a tad drunk :p:) I'll be the short chubby Asian girl with short black hair and a fringe, most likely blabbering on about something uncontrollably due to excitement/nervousness. Nobody will actually be listening though, and if they do, they probably won't understand what I'm saying :woo:

Maybe if you're bringing shipping crates, you're bringing too much. Don't bring every little thing that makes your room personal. I'm mostly only bringing text books, stationary and toiletries and some asian food supplies.

Yeah, i'll take the fancy dress slowly, as i'm just not into it.. But everything's worth a shot!

Don't worry i'm sure we're all looking forward to you.
Well I guess you will find me, I wear thick blue glasses and a beret. So if you see me, come say hi.
Reply 571
What boots you getting Stunt? Treated myself to my T90 Lasers black and yellow rings. Was high time i got some new ones, my old ones are 5 years old! :smile:

Also, I want to wish everybody the best of luck at Nottingham Uni! also, if i should come along for a visit of the uni, I expect one of you lot to be my tour guide! :wink:
Reply 572
buck-your-waas

Yup just got my tickets! Very excited :smile:
jimbles
What boots you getting Stunt? Treated myself to my T90 Lasers black and yellow rings. Was high time i got some new ones, my old ones are 5 years old! :smile:

My boots were hi-techs that I'd had for 3 years or so, but I've got a pair of T90's moulded in red that I've had for a year. Wanted a pair of screw ins for the winter. Was gonna get a pair of Predators but they didn't have them so I bought a pair of white Reeboks for £18. Nothing too flash but will get me through the season (or at least til Christmas).
buck-your-waas
Errr....I think you'll find that Monday-Friday at 5.30, the TV belongs to MOI :hmmm: Rep for anyone who can guess what my fave show is :p:

Most of my stuff is now in suitcases, bags or crates. :p: I'm a bit worried that I'm taking too much lol

Neighbours?

I dunno how much I'm gonna take yet, but I'd expect a couple of suitcases worth of clothes, plus a bag of toiletries and shaving gear, a crate of footwear, a bag of football kit, a bag of bed linen, a crate of books and my laptop. So sounds about right to me.
cunningstunt87
Neighbours?

I dunno how much I'm gonna take yet, but I'd expect a couple of suitcases worth of clothes, plus a bag of toiletries and shaving gear, a crate of footwear, a bag of football kit, a bag of bed linen, a crate of books and my laptop. So sounds about right to me.

Remember "less is more, more or less." you'll only need about 7/10 days worth of clothing, otherwise it will need laundry and smell!
end account
Remember "less is more, more or less." you'll only need about 7/10 days worth of clothing, otherwise it will need laundry and smell!

I'm bringing washing tablets. Its all cool man, trust me :wink:
cunningstunt87
I'm bringing washing tablets. Its all cool man, trust me :wink:

Don't panic I brought enough towels and coasters for everyone.
end account
Don't panic I brought enough towels and coasters for everyone.

You can never have enough towels :biggrin:
cunningstunt87
You can never have enough towels :biggrin:

When you meet the man who is allergic to towels, he will punch you.

Latest

Trending

Trending