The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

end account
When you meet the man who is allergic to towels, he will punch you.

That's a good point :ninja:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
cunningstunt87
That's a good point :ninja:

Better prep yourself son.

Alright let's see, 9PM, think i'll go read some new-wave japanese literature. Yeh, i'm cool. Then I wake up, it's thursday....Then I can just believe I only have friday left, as I'm busy all saturday, so yes tomorrow it's one day left in my head. Oh how the great fool themselves.
end account
Better prep yourself son.

Alright let's see, 9PM, think i'll go read some new-wave japanese literature. Yeh, i'm cool. Then I wake up, it's thursday....Then I can just believe I only have friday left, as I'm busy all saturday, so yes tomorrow it's one day left in my head. Oh how the great fool themselves.

I wake up tomorrow, run around like a lunatic all day, go see my nan then go drinking with my workmates. Wake up Friday and convince myself I will never drink again, only to go out Friday night with my other mates. Crazy times!!
Reply 583
Is anyone taking UV paint for the UV night? i can't get hold of any before then, was considering borrowing someone elses :wink:
asparmar1
Is anyone taking UV paint for the UV night? i can't get hold of any before then, was considering borrowing someone elses :wink:

Sorry can't say I am. You COULD order it online tomorrow and then pick it up from the hall on sunday. If you jsut order it with your full name and hall's address?
buck-your-waas
Is anyone going to see Simon Bird on Saturday night at The Den, or going to Cadbury Land on Tuesday?

As for parties, my plan is to go to the UV rave on Monday, the Friday Rave in the freshers marquee, and the end of week one party on Sunday as that is huge. And I'll probably go to one of the fancy dress partys on Wednesday or Thursday, I'm not too sure yet. Depends how worn out I am and who else is going. And if I have any medicine-related stuff the next morning :p:

And I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, you all seem very lovely (but a tad drunk :p:) I'll be the short chubby Asian girl with short black hair and a fringe, most likely blabbering on about something uncontrollably due to excitement/nervousness. Nobody will actually be listening though, and if they do, they probably won't understand what I'm saying :woo:

I didn't know bout the simon bird thing til you mentioned so thankyou as i love him and the inbetweeners - have you bought your tickets as I'm def for going! i did want to do cadbury world but I have to register on tuesday so cant. has anyone been looking at the societies - found one that teaches you how to mix cockatils professionally, sounds silly but think might be quite cool.

yeah will be cool to meet everyone - i'll most likely be blabbering on as well as i seem to talk non stop, especially when nervous/meeting new people so sounds like we might get along! :smile:
xxxxxxx
georgina_standley
I didn't know bout the simon bird thing til you mentioned so thankyou as i love him and the inbetweeners - have you bought your tickets as I'm def for going! i did want to do cadbury world but I have to register on tuesday so cant. has anyone been looking at the societies - found one that teaches you how to mix cockatils professionally, sounds silly but think might be quite cool.

yeah will be cool to meet everyone - i'll most likely be blabbering on as well as i seem to talk non stop, especially when nervous/meeting new people so sounds like we might get along! :smile:
xxxxxxx

Ah, so many things going on I haven't got tickets for. Well those of you going I hope he's funny ~~

Haha, as long as you aren't boasting about your A level results and telling us of the super-man lover you left at home and your unbeakable keywork of friends. we'll be fine together ^^
end account
Ah, so many things going on I haven't got tickets for. Well those of you going I hope he's funny ~~

Haha, as long as you aren't boasting about your A level results and telling us of the super-man lover you left at home and your unbeakable keywork of friends. we'll be fine together ^^

I havent bought any tickets yet so I wouldnt worry - dont think theres many things you can buy for in advance, only the simon bird thing and alton towers i think. haha, i took a gap year so Alevels seem ages ago to me, i'm single and im looking forward to meeting new friends so think everythings fine there! i still havent packed yet.... did the most epic ikea trip yday and have insane amounts of stuff to fit into the car :s-smilie: xxx
georgina_standley
I havent bought any tickets yet so I wouldnt worry - dont think theres many things you can buy for in advance, only the simon bird thing and alton towers i think. haha, i took a gap year so Alevels seem ages ago to me, i'm single and im looking forward to meeting new friends so think everythings fine there! i still havent packed yet.... did the most epic ikea trip yday and have insane amounts of stuff to fit into the car :s-smilie: xxx

Don't worry i'm a year older aswell, and the second I opened my A-level results and saw I was into Nottingham. I stopped caring about them haha.

Oh yeh, I've got three boxes, laundry bin (fold down thank god) and some towels and all my Chinese notes/books.

What type of wonderful things did you buy from ikea?
end account
Don't worry i'm a year older aswell, and the second I opened my A-level results and saw I was into Nottingham. I stopped caring about them haha.

Oh yeh, I've got three boxes, laundry bin (fold down thank god) and some towels and all my Chinese notes/books.

What type of wonderful things did you buy from ikea?

glad to know im not the only one whos going to be older! although im a july birthday so wont be that much of age difference if you get me. ive got bout three boxes of stuff just from ikea - yeah laundry basket, bath mat, towels, hangers, storage boxes, duvet, duvet cover, cushions and a few bits for the kitchenette. i have no books yet - eekk, im thinking i will just have to buy them when im there and ive done no reading for my course yet, bin too busy thinking bout moving out and forgot about the fact that im studying, hopefully itll all work out lol
xxx
For those of you worrying about being 12 months or so older, I'm 22. If I'd gone to Uni after leaving school I'd have finished my masters by now. A year is nothing guys!!
georgina_standley
glad to know im not the only one whos going to be older! although im a july birthday so wont be that much of age difference if you get me. ive got bout three boxes of stuff just from ikea - yeah laundry basket, bath mat, towels, hangers, storage boxes, duvet, duvet cover, cushions and a few bits for the kitchenette. i have no books yet - eekk, im thinking i will just have to buy them when im there and ive done no reading for my course yet, bin too busy thinking bout moving out and forgot about the fact that im studying, hopefully itll all work out lol
xxx

Course it will work out ^^ A bath mat? Talk about ten steps ahead of the game.
So how we gonna recognise each other tomorrow?

Edit: Also, am I the only one starting to feel extremely angry and aggressive???
end account
Maybe if you're bringing shipping crates, you're bringing too much. Don't bring every little thing that makes your room personal. I'm mostly only bringing text books, stationary and toiletries and some asian food supplies.

Yeah, i'll take the fancy dress slowly, as i'm just not into it.. But everything's worth a shot!

Don't worry i'm sure we're all looking forward to you.
Well I guess you will find me, I wear thick blue glasses and a beret. So if you see me, come say hi.

I am taking a tad too much, but I just want lots of things in my room to begin with, just so it feels more homely. I only live in Luton, so after 2 weeks I'm planning to take evrything that I don't really need back home :smile:

You're the only person that I've seen a picture of, so i should be able to find you easily. I don't know what Hello in Chinese is, so I'll probably say somthing like Guten Tag or Sayonara lol :p:
jimbles
What boots you getting Stunt? Treated myself to my T90 Lasers black and yellow rings. Was high time i got some new ones, my old ones are 5 years old! :smile:

Also, I want to wish everybody the best of luck at Nottingham Uni! also, if i should come along for a visit of the uni, I expect one of you lot to be my tour guide! :wink:

Thanks Jimbob! And of course I'll be your tour guide....for a small fee :woo: Best of luck with your application, I hope it all works out for you.
asparmar1
Yup just got my tickets! Very excited :smile:

georgina_standley

yeah will be cool to meet everyone - i'll most likely be blabbering on as well as i seem to talk non stop, especially when nervous/meeting new people so sounds like we might get along!
xxxxxxx

I've got my ticket, so I'll be going too :smile: Maybe I might sit with one of you 2 :ninja: I have a confession to make, I've never actually seen the Inbetweeners lol. I told a friend that Simon Bird was coming to my uni, and he was like 'ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!? GO FOR GODS SAKE!!!!' So thats why I'm going lol

I've been looking at the societies, and pretty much everything is catered for isn't it? Theres sooo much stuff going on with MedSoc so I'll definielty be joining that, but i also like the sound of Hide and Soc and Board Game Soc....yep, I'm a child lol :p:

I'm registering on Tuesday too, but at 9.15, so I should be able to make Cadbury Land as the buses leave at 11 don't they? I'm quite excited bout that trip lol, I've never been there before but have always wanted to. I decided against Alton Towers, sonce I've been there so many times already and would be worrying all week about finding someone to go on the rides with, and the weather. I'm a chronic worrier, as you will see when you meet me lol
asparmar1

I have NOTHING prepared for fancy dress!! I was planning to buy some stuff but have just got sooo busy. There may be some UV paint at the fancy dress sale in the Portaland building.

Is anyone planning to stay in on a few evenings? I'm not sure about going to the parties which are off-campus, so I need someone to stay with me and play cards with lol
buck-your-waas
I have NOTHING prepared for fancy dress!! I was planning to buy some stuff but have just got sooo busy. There may be some UV paint at the fancy dress sale in the Portaland building.

Is anyone planning to stay in on a few evenings? I'm not sure about going to the parties which are off-campus, so I need someone to stay with me and play cards with lol

I think all the parties are off campus and held in the city, from what I remember.
cunningstunt87
For those of you worrying about being 12 months or so older, I'm 22. If I'd gone to Uni after leaving school I'd have finished my masters by now. A year is nothing guys!!

Looks like I'm going to be the baby of the bunch, having just turned 18 a few weeks ago :smile: Honestly guys, don't worry about being slightly older, since evryone is going to be of different ages and will be trying to make new friends, so no one will be bothered about how old/young you are :smile:

cunningstunt87
So how we gonna recognise each other tomorrow?

Edit: Also, am I the only one starting to feel extremely angry and aggressive???

A little green gem for guessing Neighbours Stunt! Why are you feeling angry? It may be just nerves perhaps? Tell Uncle Buck :smile:

I think we should have some sort of codeword to recognise eachother, one that only the Rutlanders of TSR know lol. We should yell "FISHCAKES!!!" or something stupid like that haha
buck-your-waas
Looks like I'm going to be the baby of the bunch, having just turned 18 a few weeks ago :smile: Honestly guys, don't worry about being slightly older, since evryone is going to be of different ages and will be trying to make new friends, so no one will be bothered about how old/young you are :smile:

A little green gem for guessing Neighbours Stunt! Why are you feeling angry? It may be just nerves perhaps? Tell Uncle Buck :smile:

I think we should have some sort of codeword to recognise eachother, one that only the Rutlanders of TSR know lol. We should yell "FISHCAKES!!!" or something stupid like that haha

Awww thanks. A few of my old mates at Football used to call me Uncle Buck cos they said I looked like John Candy. A pork pie hat, hawaian shirt and a love of cigars may have contributed to that (along with being a long haired fatboy). You'll be pleased to know I'm now a short haired fatboy!!

It probably is nerves and once I get settled I'm sure I'll feel a little more peaceful and relaxed.

Latest

Trending

Trending