The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

cunningstunt87
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sport/studentmembership.php

Its all there for ya (thanks to Alex-hs in another thread!)

Thanks, thats ace. I'll check it over later :smile: Tbh I should really start researchin this stuff myself lol

Wiseneira
Ahhh, new guy hey.

Yep, cake, definitely the way to make friends
That or Jaegermeister lol

And the others can speak for themselves, I for one would be delighted to let you do my reading, summarise it, over-analyse it if you wish :P
I give you fair warning though, reading about the EU breaks world records for most boring activity in the world

You guys had reading lists yet btw?

xxx

We've been told about 1 book thats recommended, but in medicine we get assigned "parents" from the second year so I'm plannin to "borrow" *wink wink* some books off them lol!! Aww...you poor politicians, how dare they make you read in the summer after the torture of a levels!!! :thumbsdown:

BTW- are any of you gonna be at the Nottingham open day this saturday?? I'm taking my mum as she hasn't seen the uni yet. Unfortunately Rutland isn't open for viewing, but our rival hall Sherwood is so I'm gonna go in and plant a HUGE stinkbomb there lol
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
jimbles
It's more of a fact that I'd wear my fancy dress superhero costume during freshers if anything!!! :woo:

Oh lol i see!!! Don't worry you don't have to wait until freshers week 2010 to wear your outfit lol!! Try wearin it at Sainsburys and see how many stares you get :p:
Reply 82
buck-your-waas
Oh lol i see!!! Don't worry you don't have to wait until freshers week 2010 to wear your outfit lol!! Try wearin it at Sainsburys and see how many stares you get :p:

I wore it in tesco when I was getting some JD :woo: :woo: :woo:

We was going out on the town in fancy dress you see, and I said lets start early... Which in my books is 4/5pm :biggrin: So we sat on a bench drinking vodka and Jd,though I was the only one who had my full outfit on, the others had their's in bags the pansys!! I got some funny stares and remarks!!!
buck-your-waas
Thanks, thats ace. I'll check it over later :smile: Tbh I should really start researchin this stuff myself lol

We've been told about 1 book thats recommended, but in medicine we get assigned "parents" from the second year so I'm plannin to "borrow" *wink wink* some books off them lol!! Aww...you poor politicians, how dare they make you read in the summer after the torture of a levels!!! :thumbsdown:

BTW- are any of you gonna be at the Nottingham open day this saturday?? I'm taking my mum as she hasn't seen the uni yet. Unfortunately Rutland isn't open for viewing, but our rival hall Sherwood is so I'm gonna go in and plant a HUGE stinkbomb there lol

I'm not doing A-levels. I've done a years access course, which is still fairly intense. It works out at an essay / exam every week on average over the year.

And theres an open day saturday??? How comes I didn't know? Is it too late to get a place? Ibiza or Malia? So many questions, so little time. I went to an open day back in april and loved it, but if there was an opportunity to go up with parents then i'd take them up. They can rest assured that Mr and Mrs Stunts little boy is going to be safe and sound in his new surroundings!
Reply 84
Hey again, everybody. Thanks for the warm welcome!

end account - I just came across Sr. Wences with a couple of friends a few years ago in an ICT lesson and was very impressed by this random Spanish ventriolquist and puppeteer who lived until the ripe old age of 107!

Buck_your_waas, guten tag indeed. Although being an English Studies student I obviously disapprove of any other language. :wink:

Cunning Stunt, nice username by the way(!), cake, shower, anything else, perhaps? Maybe a therapeutic massage when we get there? Nah, I reckon that would be better coming from buck or wiseneira!

Finally, wiseneira, hi to you too. Ah, jaegermeister, that's the other thing, then. Nothing like buying friendship with strong alcoholic beverages. :wink: Sorry, I ought to add that this is not something I often do. As for the offer of reading, now you come to mention it, I think the jaegermeister and cake will cover it, don't you?! Looking at the amount of reading to be done for English, EU parliamentary...stuff ranks very low on my to-read list!
srwences

Cunning Stunt, nice username by the way(!), cake, shower, anything else, perhaps?

Thanks for the compliment on my username. Maybe you can carry my bags for me, and leave a chocolate mint on my pillow for me upon arrival?

srwences
Maybe a therapeutic massage when we get there? Nah, I reckon that would be better coming from buck or wiseneira!

Well, it appears i have some competition in the race to be the Ladies man of Rutland Hall!!
Reply 86
cunningstunt87
Thanks for the compliment on my username. Maybe you can carry my bags for me, and leave a chocolate mint on my pillow for me upon arrival?

Well, it appears i have some competition in the race to be the Ladies man of Rutland Hall!!

Sparkling or still mineral water? Or perhaps something stronger, as Wiseneira might suggest...

Hey, I'm sure there'll be absolutely no competition for you in that role, cunningstunt! :wink:
srwences
Hey, I'm sure there'll be absolutely no competition for you in that role, cunningstunt! :wink:

I'm sure i'll provide absolutely no competition to anybody else in that role. But sssh, we can't have our new hall mates thinking I'm anything less than Brad Pitt! And while we're at it, i'm Maradona on the football pitch, Lomu on the Rugby pitch and Botham on a cricket pitch. If I'm gonna lie, then I may as well make it a big one, eh!:biggrin:
srwences

Cunning Stunt, nice username by the way(!), cake, shower, anything else, perhaps? Maybe a therapeutic massage when we get there? Nah, I reckon that would be better coming from buck or wiseneira!

Sacre Bloody Bleu!!! OH EGAD!!!

cunningstunt87
And theres an open day saturday??? How comes I didn't know? Is it too late to get a place? Ibiza or Malia? So many questions, so little time. I went to an open day back in april and loved it, but if there was an opportunity to go up with parents then i'd take them up. They can rest assured that Mr and Mrs Stunts little boy is going to be safe and sound in his new surroundings!

Lol theres one on Saturday and Friday, don't worry about bookin you can just turn up. I think Mr and Mrs Stunt should be more worried about the rutland ladies rather than you LMAO :p:
Reply 89
what part of the campus is Rutland Hall? :smile: I hope I can get in for physiotherapy in 2010, so am interested! :smile:
buck-your-waas
Lol theres one on Saturday and Friday, don't worry about bookin you can just turn up. I think Mr and Mrs Stunt should be more worried about the rutland ladies rather than you LMAO :p:

Mr Stunt and Mr Stunts little boy will now be attending the Saturday open day. I think the Rutland ladies should fear "the stunt" far more than "the stunt" should fear the Rutland ladies. Although if I can keep myself in the gym over the summer then ... you never know ...
Reply 91
Well guys, flattered as I am by your inate faith in my massage skills, we'll have to wait and see I think lol Plus, I dont think I have many massage skills lol

Also...

srwences
Sparkling or still mineral water? Or perhaps something stronger, as Wiseneira might suggest...

Good to know we haven't even started and already I'm the resident alcohol expert! Now that IS one of my natural skills lol:yep:

May I suggest a fine Kopparberg if we are looking for something relaxing and thirstquenching :p:

xxx
Reply 92
srwences

Finally, wiseneira, hi to you too. Ah, jaegermeister, that's the other thing, then. Nothing like buying friendship with strong alcoholic beverages. :wink: Sorry, I ought to add that this is not something I often do. As for the offer of reading, now you come to mention it, I think the jaegermeister and cake will cover it, don't you?! Looking at the amount of reading to be done for English, EU parliamentary...stuff ranks very low on my to-read list!

I have to say though, Jaegermeister has its drawbacks, like impairing your ability to read words lol. But I'm sure we can make sure you find that out for yourself lol

Haha, I thought you might reconsider lol I would feel similar if confronted with your reading i'm sure lol

OH and cunningstunt - Our reading list isnt thaaaaaaat bad, and I like that they are honest and say it might be quicker to watch some movies lol
xxx
Wiseneira
Well guys, flattered as I am by your inate faith in my massage skills, we'll have to wait and see I think lol Plus, I dont think I have many massage skills lol

Also...

Good to know we haven't even started and already I'm the resident alcohol expert! Now that IS one of my natural skills lol:yep:

May I suggest a fine Kopparberg if we are looking for something relaxing and thirstquenching :p:

xxx

Kopparberg? Kopparberg? It's all about Bulmers if you're going for cider.
Reply 94
cunningstunt87
Kopparberg? Kopparberg? It's all about Bulmers if you're going for cider.

Ahh, but Kopparberg is pear cider :P:

But Bulmers is good in an appley-sorta way lol
xxx
Wiseneira
Ahh, but Kopparberg is pear cider :P:

But Bulmers is good in an appley-sorta way lol
xxx

Perry is disgusting. And you can get kopparberg in apple form :p:

I hope you have some massage skills cos you're taste in fruit based alcoholic beverages is rubbish :yes:
Reply 96
cunningstunt87
Perry is disgusting. And you can get kopparberg in apple form :p:

I hope you have some massage skills cos you're taste in fruit based alcoholic beverages is rubbish :yes:

Haha, well I disagree but I was brought up on sommerset cider at Glastonbury Festival, so Im a bit pro-fruit :P

And its ok, i have other skills. :yep:

Plus an En Suite:p:

xxxx
Wiseneira
Haha, well I disagree but I was brought up on sommerset cider at Glastonbury Festival, so Im a bit pro-fruit :P

And its ok, i have other skills. :yep:

Plus an En Suite:p:

xxxx

Damn, you're superior negotiating skills defeat me again, Showerwoman!! Until next time ...

x
jimbles
what part of the campus is Rutland Hall? :smile: I hope I can get in for physiotherapy in 2010, so am interested! :smile:

Rutland is on the main University Park campus, i think its a fair distance from the main uni buildings, kinda north-westerly ish.
Lol I reckon I'm gonna be the only rutlander who knows diddlysquat about alcohol LOL

Latest

Trending

Trending