The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have one exam left and everything went awful.

Philosophy: DEFINITELY a D-U ("imagine if this exam paper suddenly turned into a giant orange and the invigilator turned into a porcupine" "imagine at the moment I am not sitting my 3rd hour of exams with a splitting headache" "i am depressed, but that does not mean i choose to cut myself [don't worry, I don't])

History: B-D... forgot a lot of the stuff. Hope I can make it up on monday's paper

French: C-E depending on grade boundaries :/

German: U. I walked in thinking "reeeeesiiiiitttttt"

Critink: E. I didn't even know what the paper was about. I didn't put myself as a U because I got a C in the other paper go me :|
Reply 21
Me too. I was predicted AABC - Physics must be the weakest subject I could have chosen. (Doesn't include General Studies and Critical Thinking).

To be honest I've lost all hope in Physics, but since I started the course I knew I wanted an A (not a B, as predicted,) in History. I've only got two exams left and I feel like I've failed aready. My main problem is that I find it difficult to be concise and succinct - good thing I took History and English Literaure then! I failed to even attempt the final question in my Geography paper, worth 10 - or was it 15? - marks, in the time allocated. I know I am capable and am good at my subjects (minus the Maths-based subject) but unfortunately I'll not get the grades I want and deserve.

Initially I wasn't too concerned about being accepted into my selection of universities (which all ask for AAA or AAB) based on what I get this year. Afterall, I will improve a lot next year (or so I tell myself every year after having beaten myself up for not trying hard enough) but a boy at school reminded me :

"These are the grades you'll apply to uni with."

I need to cry, excuse me.*sniff*
Reply 22
let me join teh club tooooooo.......i want to do law at LSE as well whichis liek AAAA
Reply 23
Wow, I really didn't expect so many people to reply...I think we all need a hug! :grouphugs:

To the people wanting to finish their A-levels and then apply the year after, does that affect your application much? As in do universities look down on it or anything?
The fact that your worried shows you care about your results a great deal and is very positive :smile:

As long as you revised, you will have done well, and can't have asked any more of yourself.

However If you didn't revise, are postive you messed up, look on the bright side you can easily retake next year. And it's not that likely to affect your ucas as you can show on it that your retaking that or them modules.

I got BCD at the end of AS. And got offers from unis offering AAB and ABB at loughborough and newcastle. Don't worry! :biggrin:
Reply 26
ME FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wanted AAAA but i'm 99.9% sure thats not going to happen. If i'm extrememly lucky maybe il get AAB.
i wanted to go to cambridge so badly. thats pretty much ruined, esp as they look at UMS. poss oxford, but what chance do i have?
i began this year, after working hard at gcse, thinking i was really gonna pull my finger out and work my little ass off. i knew my AS's were uber-important cos i'd be applying with them.
i knew i should have worked really really hard, but the truth is i got complacent, wasted time over some tosser, lost motivation, fantasised about 'just winging it', and worked harder at gcses.
the worst thing about everything is feeling i let myself down, and knowing if only i got off my arse i could have been fine.
the reason i wont get AAAA is because im almost certain i'll get a B in art. over the easter holidays, i did NOTHING in my sketchbook. oxbridge? who was i kidding??!.
but i guess i have learnt, the hard way, for next year :smile:
Reply 27
diamonddust
Yeah me too.

I completely fudged up English Lit and Biology and I'm going to mess up Chemistry tomorrow because nothing goes into my head when I try to revise and I have Biology on Thursday and I have had no time to revise for it because I spent ages revising for Biology unit 1.

I'm pretty sure I've got Ds in every exam I've done so far apart from Bio where it's probably an E. :frown:
I'm not going to apply to university next year even if my results end up being good, which they won't be judging from my exams so far.
I'm taking a year out.

ME 2! Im taking AQA Biology. Unit 1 was pants. I havent even started to THINK about Unit 2 on Thursday, because I have two (OCR salters) Chemistry exams tomorrow morning (for which i feel unbelievably unprepared!) and then I have Unit 2 Physics on Friday, which I think i might just cry all over. I hate exams. But you never know, I'm sure all of us here are going to come out with lots and lots of A's :biggrin:

Think positive! haha..

she says!
annab1684
Please may I joine your club?
(Except I'm languages not history, but still, perhaps it could cover all subjects?)
:o:

omg, and me.
why is it that the exams went so weirdly?
anyone else feel like they didn't even seem like exams at the time.

all of the language ones were so early, it's so annoying. that's AAAA gone down the drain! :eek3:
SiaSiaSia
I have one exam left and everything went awful.

Philosophy: DEFINITELY a D-U ("imagine if this exam paper suddenly turned into a giant orange and the invigilator turned into a porcupine" "imagine at the moment I am not sitting my 3rd hour of exams with a splitting headache" "i am depressed, but that does not mean i choose to cut myself [don't worry, I don't])

History: B-D... forgot a lot of the stuff. Hope I can make it up on monday's paper

French: C-E depending on grade boundaries :/

German: U. I walked in thinking "reeeeesiiiiitttttt"

Critink: E. I didn't even know what the paper was about. I didn't put myself as a U because I got a C in the other paper go me :|

which exam board for German, AQA?
please say you did AQA and wasn't the only person who found it IMPOSSIBLE
they give us easy enough readings throughout the year and then give us a bastard in the exam :frown:
GemmzyLou
ME 2! Im taking AQA Biology. Unit 1 was pants. I havent even started to THINK about Unit 2 on Thursday, because I have two (OCR salters) Chemistry exams tomorrow morning (for which i feel unbelievably unprepared!) and then I have Unit 2 Physics on Friday, which I think i might just cry all over. I hate exams. But you never know, I'm sure all of us here are going to come out with lots and lots of A's :biggrin:

Think positive! haha..

she says!

OMG... don't talk to me about Unit 2 Biology.
I haven't looked at the stuff! I can't even take any Chemistry in and the damn exam is tomorrow! I'm so prepared.... to get Us.

Ok... me thinking positive... I'm going to get an A in Chemistry tomorrow with no revision and no understanding throughout the year! :rolleyes:
You never know though... it could happen!

Good luck to you!! I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 31
ahh amazing that so many people feel like this! i thought i was the only one!

really panicking about my results, and know i havn't done as wel as i should have...history is supposedly my best subject but i feel like i've done the worst in it! what do you do when your one 'safe' subject doesn't go as planned?

also, how worth it is doing resits? i always thought they'd distract from A2 work..?
I wanna join the club too! I was meant to do really well and now I know I definitely won't have all As :cry:
I wanted to be in a position where I needed no retakes and could confidently apply to top unis, that will probably change now... am I the first prospective scientist on this thread?
Reply 33
WHY THE PESSIMISM?
:sad:
OK guys if you're capable of the As then it's up to you and no one else
No one can make you work
It's now or never
Might as well just work and then think of the summer.
I know someone who is predicted all As but got a mixture of Bs and Ds and it was sad but considering they probably didn't put half the work in an A student would I'm not surprised and tbh it's not that bad.
Anyway good luck and remember just remain positive and work.
Reply 34
eenie_pod

the reason i wont get AAAA is because im almost certain i'll get a B in art. over the easter holidays, i did NOTHING in my sketchbook. oxbridge? who was i kidding??!.
but i guess i have learnt, the hard way, for next year :smile:

Don't give up hope yet people!! Results aren't out yet, and you so often do better than expected! Besides, not getting aaaa is not the end of the world... you can basically apply anywhere you like with aaab.
..J'adore..
which exam board for German, AQA?
please say you did AQA and wasn't the only person who found it IMPOSSIBLE
they give us easy enough readings throughout the year and then give us a bastard in the exam :frown:

Yeah I did German AQA.
There's a thread on it somewhere, it was AWFUL.
but I generally hate german reading anyway :P but my writing/listening weren't up to much cop
Reply 36
The only subjects I feel confident about are English Lit & Law. Hopefully I've managed to get my predicted A's in those subjects....but history & politics is another matter.

I'll get a E or below in history I think, and a freaking U in politics...I missed out a WHOLE section in my politics unit 1 (worth 40 marks!) because stupid me thought I only had to do 1 question on the paper (why did I think that?! WHY?!). And tomorrow I'm going to fail unit 2 because there was just too much info to squeeze into my pea sized brain. I'm planning on cramming tonight but I haven't slept in 2 days straight revising...wondering if I should just give up hope and lay in my coffin already. :frown:
Reply 37
i think the biggest mistake is to do too well in your GCSE's
me and my friend both did, but we haven't stayed in a weekend since study leave started and do so little work (i have a chemistry exam tomorrow even) that we are both certain we'll get about AABB-BBBB which sucks when you know you can do so much better
Reply 38
ebyrne288
i think the biggest mistake is to do too well in your GCSE's
me and my friend both did, but we haven't stayed in a weekend since study leave started and do so little work (i have a chemistry exam tomorrow even) that we are both certain we'll get about AABB-BBBB which sucks when you know you can do so much better

This

I got too complacent.
Reply 39
Ditto, predicted AAAA and A*A*A for next year, but i don't think it was lack of preparation, just the exams themselves were ridiculously hard and / or stupid. Didn't help that every subject, biology, chemistry and history was a new spec with no past papers, and only maths isn't new but god knows what that will be like.

Totally gutted.

Latest