The Student Room Group

results day worries

I am worried that I will miss my uni offer. should I email my firm (i haven't got an insurance) now before results day comes around to ask if they could consider my missed grades?
Reply 1
Original post by tired-student
I am worried that I will miss my uni offer. should I email my firm (i haven't got an insurance) now before results day comes around to ask if they could consider my missed grades?

Universities will receive your results a few days before you do. During this time they will confirm all students who have met the requirements.

If there are spaces left over, they will check over the applications, personal statements and previous grades and let near-misses onto the course so there is no need to email your firm. Good luck :smile:

Hey @tired-student! I'd start off with a reminder that it can be so difficult to objectively judge your performance in exams/coursework before results day as it's such a stressful/confusing time. I would say it can really be worth either emailing or giving the admissions team at your firm University to discuss grade flexibility with your offer - hopefully, they'll be able to give you the reassuring answer you need! It's worth bearing in mind as admissions teams are dealing with a lot of pre-results day admin and might not be able to give you a certain answer straight away.

However, if you're really worried, I'd recommend looking into Clearing so you feel prepared for all outcomes on results day. We've written a couple of posts on our our forum, but UCAS also has some great advice here and here.

Best of luck! We're sure you'll smash it :smile:

Lottie
GRTUK and Reading alumna (History)
Reply 3
A family member got in his first choice with near-miss results. UCAS showed the decision had been made a day or two earlier than results day. Fingers crossed.
Reply 4
There is no point in emailing any Uni at this stage - because you dont have a clue what your grades actually are.
All you can do is cross your fingers and hope you have done better than you assume - or that they take you anyway.
Reply 5

No I wouldn't say it's worth emailing your Firm at this stage. They will still accept you if they can, even if you narrowly miss the grades they have asked for. It's natural to worry at this stage but emailing them won't help.

It would be less stressful if you had an Insurance choice. What you can do at this stage however, is to start thinking about plan B options, if you did find yourself without an offer on results day. Start researching alternative unis that are looking for lower grades, for example, and make a shortlist of unis to check in Clearing. Should your fears be justified, although hopefully they won't be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending