The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
n0c0ntr0l
A personal fav of mine. The bass is insane on that track

Amazing, can't get enough of the Amen.
I've been into dnb for about ten years. I love it, and have probably been to about 100 events I would guess. So I'm claiming my place in this thread!

I can't be bothered to write a story like thing right now. But I will post two non-mainstream tracks that I absolutely love just for
something a bit different.

This always brings me up to a happy place. Sublime

Favourite drums in a track ever. The 'you're the one for me vocal' is a beautiful contrast. I just love

note skip to 3:40 if you havent the patience for the buildup

yeah I do quite like that actually, it reminds me of ummm, I don't know what its called but I don't think it's even dnb but its the same kind of style, mixing the two, but yeah I like that...kind of like slow motion crazy.

Obviously you can tell I know the right terminology when discussing music.
Reply 43
Anae
Really interesting sort-of-liquid producers. They made 'The Strings Track', of which the Apex remix became really big last year. Also a track called 'Song for Lovers'. They have an album coming out later this year, everything so far sounds amazing.

Heard that Song for Lovers track not too long ago, sounded pretty sweet, any idea if theyre releasing anything before the album or anyway of getting hold of that track before?
n0c0ntr0l

- Warning, dark as it gets!

A personal fav of mine. The bass is insane on that track

good find, absolute filth sir
Reply 45
n0c0ntr0l
You're so lucky that you are in bristol, there is so much of offer in terms of d&b. (it's actually one of the reasons I chose bristol for my uni)

I live there too...and you have NO idea. Haha :biggrin:
Reply 46
tallgeese
Heard that Song for Lovers track not too long ago, sounded pretty sweet, any idea if theyre releasing anything before the album or anyway of getting hold of that track before?

If you mean Song for Lovers, I'm fairly sure it's out already. There's a remix on the way by Lynx too I think. If you mean Warehouse Dayz, then not yet, that's going to be on the album. And I should think they'll do a pre-album 12"/single so look out for that one.
tropical-twist3
See thats my kind of thing, I like that

...in certain circumstances though, I wouldn't listen to that when I'm sat in the garden reading a book.

I can recommend you a good 50 songs to go away and listen to, but instead I'll just give you a list of artists:

Phace
Spor
Evol Intent
Black Sun Empire
Misanthdrop
Noisia
Current Value
Corrupt Souls
optiv
SPC.

Start off there. If you need anymore, check my last.fm account.
Reply 48
n0c0ntr0l
You're so lucky that you are in bristol, there is so much of offer in terms of d&b. (it's actually one of the reasons I chose bristol for my uni)

I know! I never realised it was such a massive dnb scene! I'm literally only just starting to discover it...but tbf I only turned 18 in december so I can use that as my excuse to being oblivious to it. But the dnb stuff isn't in the centre so much so people who didnt know about it and just stuck to the mainstream music clubs in the centre could easily not realise.

I'm not going to uni next year, having gap year or art foundation so if you do go to bristol uni I will show you the different dnb & dubstep nights
Reply 50
Anae
If you mean Song for Lovers, I'm fairly sure it's out already. There's a remix on the way by Lynx too I think. If you mean Warehouse Dayz, then not yet, that's going to be on the album. And I should think they'll do a pre-album 12"/single so look out for that one.

Seems like i live under a pretty large rock, need to get out & find these songs lol. Ok thanks will look for that, & yeah cant wait for the album :smile:
Anae
I live there too...and you have NO idea. Haha :biggrin:

tropical-twist3
I know! I never realised it was such a massive dnb scene! I'm literally only just starting to discover it...but tbf I only turned 18 in december so I can use that as my excuse to being oblivious to it.

Oh Oh you need to tell me more then, after exams are over I am hitting these places hard.
beecher

nice.

I like this one:

tropical-twist3
Oh Oh you need to tell me more then, after exams are over I am hitting these places hard.

All my fav D&B producers are in london when my exams end. Summer is going to be W I L D
Reply 54
Reply 55
This is my summer tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3Je2_YsBc

B Complex - Beautiful Lies
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice, quite the fan of Limewax

Reply 57
N.O.H.A- Smell of spring
Logistics- Daylight creeps in.
deamau5/kaskade- I remember. (J magix rmx)
La Roux- In for the kill (Skream remix(High Contrast re-edit))
High Contrast/Logistics - If I could

My top 5 tunes for this summer.

And is anyone else going to CREAMFIELDS?
Reply 58
Technical Itch's Therapy Session :yes:
will.
This is my summer tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3Je2_YsBc

B Complex - Beautiful Lies

you know

epic tune

Quick Reply

Latest