The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
crazyjoyce
sick music 2 = rubbish, the only decent tunes have been released in the sampler, namely, camo - turn up the music, and netsky - memory lane. the wilkinson tune is pretty good after a few listens

db9 ftw, just got hold of nu:tone, hyper hyper and set me free. not bad

The Nu:tone release is really strong on both sides.

Have to disagree about SM2 though, some proper huge tracks.

Reso - Slap Chop, Enei - Atlantis, and ESPECIALLY that Jonny L track are all class. Don't share your view at all tbh.
mfc20
The Nu:tone release is really strong on both sides.

Have to disagree about SM2 though, some proper huge tracks.

Reso - Slap Chop, Enei - Atlantis, and ESPECIALLY that Jonny L track are all class. Don't share your view at all tbh.

well you already know what i think :P, it just doesn't compare to what hospital were releasing in years gone by, its nothing on what logistics and HC released in 07.

that jonny L track has been out for ages, possibly years!

looking forward to netsky's inevitable summer tunes, supposedly an album in the pipeline but i expect it'll be all the tracks he's already done and a few more.

all i wanna do - sonic, is baad in comparison to piano anthem
Reply 582
crazyjoyce
well you already know what i think :P, it just doesn't compare to what hospital were releasing in years gone by, its nothing on what logistics and HC released in 07.

that jonny L track has been out for ages, possibly years!

looking forward to netsky's inevitable summer tunes, supposedly an album in the pipeline but i expect it'll be all the tracks he's already done and a few more.

all i wanna do - sonic, is baad in comparison to piano anthem

Battle Theme, Hong Kong Express, Warehouse Remix, Directions, Three Dots, Chemicals and Pinball Fantasies Remix are great, on top of the ones already mentioned. Cannot fathom how you don't like at least some of these quite a lot.
Anae
Battle Theme, Hong Kong Express, Warehouse Remix, Directions, Three Dots, Chemicals and Pinball Fantasies Remix are great, on top of the ones already mentioned. Cannot fathom how you don't like at least some of these quite a lot.

i've had the album for a week now, listened to it everyday, and apart from the ones i've said, none of them stand out which seems to be the general consensus on db9.

most hospitalheads arn't really going for this future sound of russia of late, but anticipated albums from the original cambridge twins, colman and barrett will hopefully get our attention again
crazyjoyce
it just doesn't compare to what hospital were releasing in years gone by, its nothing on what logistics and HC released in 07.

I agree with this. I stumbled across a load of old hospital stuff the other day and there are some really, really good tracks from back then. The new stuff isn't in the same league. And I'm always weary of being nostalgic. I think it's nothing on hospital as a label though, just that a lot of things in drum n bass have been done now.
its the dirty stuff for me, the harder the better.
Reply 586
crazyjoyce
i've had the album for a week now, listened to it everyday, and apart from the ones i've said, none of them stand out which seems to be the general consensus on db9.

most hospitalheads arn't really going for this future sound of russia of late, but anticipated albums from the original cambridge twins, colman and barrett will hopefully get our attention again

Out of curiosity, what was your favourite track off the last Logistics album? Also, do you go out much? I pretty much only liked the more liquidy stuff till I started going out and appreciating weighty basslines and more sparse stuff. Battle Theme, for example, doesn't sound as dancefloor as much of the rest of the album, but on a decent rig with a decent atmosphere it gets me skanking more than anything else off the album, and listening to it at home brings back some of what that feels like. Obviously if it's just a question of personal taste then that's that really!

Edit: also, I wish you'd stop banging on about db9. I use torrents, but that's only because 90% of the time I'm going to buy/have bought the vinyl which costs 3 times as much. I hope you buy the mp3s/vinyl eventually too.
stand out tracks for me from crash bang, are jungle music, repetition and transporter. yeah i get out a fair bit, 3 hospitalities back at heaven, all except one at matter, Ram at matter twice, fabric a fair few times, detonate most times in nottingham. also sound tech at a club so get a fair bit of non punter listening.

and banging on about? i've mentioned it twice pal, sounds like you're jealous and want an account
crazyjoyce
stand out tracks for me from crash bang, are jungle music, repetition and transporter. yeah i get out a fair bit, 3 hospitalities back at heaven, all except one at matter, Ram at matter twice, fabric a fair few times, detonate most times in nottingham. also sound tech at a club so get a fair bit of non punter listening.

and banging on about? i've mentioned it twice pal, sounds like you're jealous and want an account

What is db9?
Reflexive
What is db9?

deep bass nine, its a private tracker for drum and bass, dub step, breaks, jungle and a few other things
crazyjoyce
deep bass nine, its a private tracker for drum and bass, dub step, breaks, jungle and a few other things

ha nice name. I have my own sources but was just wondering
Reply 591
crazyjoyce

Fair enough, was just curious.

And are you joking? I'm not jealous of having an account on a tracker that's frankly not much better if at all than most others like Torrentech etc, just a little more elitist, I'm just bothered if you don't end up buying the tunes in the end. No one else in this thread boasts about stealing from independent labels.
Anae

And are you joking? I'm not jealous of having an account on a tracker that's frankly not much better if at all than most others like Torrentech etc, just a little more elitist, I'm just bothered if you don't end up buying the tunes in the end. No one else in this thread boasts about stealing from independent labels.

there you go again with the accusations, i've actually got pretty much every hospital release ever on one format or another. i download them when they get leaked on db9 for a sneaky listen, then buy at some point later to add to my obsessive, i mean extensive hospital collection
Reply 593
crazyjoyce
there you go again with the accusations, i've actually got pretty much every hospital release ever on one format or another. i download them when they get leaked on db9 for a sneaky listen, then buy at some point later to add to my obsessive, i mean extensive hospital collection

Haha. Stop being so defensive. 'There you go again with the accusations' indeed. I asked if you bought them eventually before and you didn't answer the question so I assumed the worst. Chill winston.
Reply 594
Warehouse has to be my favourite off Crash, Bang, Wallop. The tune was unpredictable. Love the piano lead, and the drums are lush.

I'm enjoying Sick Music 2 btw.

Stand out tunes for me are:

Netsky - Memory Lane
Camo & Krooked - Turn up the Music (nice minimal sound, but at the same time the vocals make this tune huge)
Reso - Slap Chop (music reminds me of the days of playing old Amiga games. Really glad this is on the LP)
Cyantific - Hong Kong Express (Just an all round great tune with an excellent intro as well. I like it for the same reason as above though, it sounds very nostalgic)
Sonic - All I Wanna Do

A definite purchase.
S
Warehouse has to be my favourite off Crash, Bang, Wallop. The tune was unpredictable. Love the piano lead, and the drums are lush.

Netsky - Memory Lane
Camo & Krooked - Turn up the Music (nice minimal sound, but at the same time the vocals make this tune huge)
Reso - Slap Chop (music reminds me of the days of playing old Amiga games. Really glad this is on the LP)
Cyantific - Hong Kong Express (Just an all round great tune with an excellent intro as well. I like it for the same reason as above though, it sounds very nostalgic)
Sonic - All I Wanna Do

A definite purchase.

:closedeyes:
S

Netsky - Memory Lane
Sonic - All I Wanna Do

A definite purchase.

Really, I've had sick music 2 for a while now and I think it is ****.

Seriously compare beautiful lies, Empty streats and Balaclava in my system, sick music 2 is utter dissappointment.

Oh another thing, Beautiful lies VIP, has anyone heard either v4 or v9? If you can get hold of them check em out, both pretty amazing (I prefer v4 though)
n0c0ntr0l
Really, I've had sick music 2 for a while now and I think it is ****.

Seriously compare beautiful lies, Empty streats and Balaclava in my system, sick music 2 is utter dissappointment.

Oh another thing, Beautiful lies VIP, has anyone heard either v4 or v9? If you can get hold of them check em out, both pretty amazing (I prefer v4 though)

There's a beautiful lies VIP on youtube but it cuts out just before the drop! I don't know about these versions that you're on about though. Source?

SM2 has some pretty good tracks, but nothing amazing for me. I didn't like balaclava in my system because I really like the original system and think it should have been left alone!
Reflexive
There's a beautiful lies VIP on youtube but it cuts out just before the drop! I don't know about these versions that you're on about though. Source?

SM2 has some pretty good tracks, but nothing amazing for me. I didn't like balaclava in my system because I really like the original system and think it should have been left alone!

you mean the original balaclava. Try double dropping balaclava with empty streets. It's a totally beautiful thing.

as for the VIPs, I'm not allowed to give it out :frown: but go asking around :wink:
Anae

But but buts, we get everything before anyone else does (and then dicks leak it, but we are plugging the holes). Trust me on that one. (we have the ultimate member). And as a tracker I bet you we spend more on releases than most others. Majority of the stuff on their is stuff that was bought. A lot of us buy vinyls, cd's and even web releases (I bought the Deep space LP off beatport with WAV tax, which was crazy expensive) so it's not like we don't support the labels.

Quick Reply

Latest