The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I've been listening to DnB for 6 years or so now. I started with wobble and jump-up but now I actually prefer liquid.
nu:logic - new technique ep = tunes
furlonge - this love = tune
Reply 982
Original post by Anae

I was actually really disappointed with the Logistics remix to be honest. Could have been so much better. I prefer the original vastly.

By the way, Life Cycle is just a crap 'Together' (one of the best liquid tunes of ALL time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZm_QMP1VJI

Lenzman's 'Bittersweet pt. 2' should replace it in that current liquid top 5 imo: http://soundcloud.com/riyavision/lenzman-ft-riya-bittersweet-part-2

I love the original too, but I'd rather hear the Logistics mix on a night. I almost cried with joy when it got dropped at Brixton. Proper euphoric.

Its nothing like Together. I reckon they'd mix well nicely together, but they're both wicked individually. The vocal is siick. Happen to have them both on 12", so maybe I'll give it a shot. Love Bittersweet too, maybe I'll just make it a top 6 :smile:.
Reply 983
Original post by H5N1

Its nothing like Together. I reckon they'd mix well nicely together, but they're both wicked individually. The vocal is siick. Happen to have them both on 12", so maybe I'll give it a shot.

I thought that, but I tried it and they were massively out of key. And they really are jaw-droppingly similar - Life Cycle has basically the same melody AND synths for the bassline. Everyone I know commented on it individually when they first heard it. Not that I'm implying Friction ripped off Logistics - it's just one of those things that happens.
Reply 984
I prefer Together for how mellow it is, but the vocal on Life Cycle is great. Not too fussed about the bass sounding similar, there's just about enough to differentiate between the two.

Really need to go for a proper night out in London soon, working in this city is completely sapping my creativity.

Nothing groundbreaking but still a nice tune.
Original post by S
I prefer Together for how mellow it is, but the vocal on Life Cycle is great. Not too fussed about the bass sounding similar, there's just about enough to differentiate between the two.

Really need to go for a proper night out in London soon, working in this city is completely sapping my creativity.

Nothing groundbreaking but still a nice tune.

Love that mate that's bang on my style.
Reply 986
enjoyin the tunes...

Reply 987
Noisia & Ed Rush & Optical - Brain Bucket http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOZtaZVLazQ :afraid::banghead:
Reply 988
Too much liquid! We need some darkstep..

Reply 989

These russian producers are running wild :tongue:
Reply 990
This track just played on shuffle and I fell in love with it again...

http://soundcloud.com/badeshi/love-song-2
To update on the mix thing; I listened to the Commix fabriclive which was very good and about halfway through the Marcus Intalex one. Both very good though I prefer Marcus's style a bit more.

I strongly, strongly advise people to check out the timecode 02.2 mix cd, it's available if you search. The mix of the first 7/8 tracks especially is something very special indeed, it's just perfectly combined, quality drum n bass. And also includes horizons which I ****ing love. The tracks after this are also quality but get quite a bit darker. Also, the trasition from lighter to darker stuff is absolutely seamness.
Reply 992
So who else has bought BSE's new album, released today?

It's pretty sexy. The 405 is a huge tune.. kicks it off really well. (although technically it's a dubstep tune but it's a 50/50 dubstep/drum & bass album :p: )
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 993
Just checking out Logistics new album, Spacejams. When I've had a listen I'll give an idea of what I think of it
Reply 994
Original post by My Alt
Just checking out Logistics new album, Spacejams. When I've had a listen I'll give an idea of what I think of it

It's a 'Greatest Hits' basically. Albeit one that excludes Warehouse, Murderation and Eastern Promise, inexplicably. His best dancefloor tunes up until his last album, effectively. Not a 'new album' as such.
Reply 995
Original post by Anae
It's a 'Greatest Hits' basically. Albeit one that excludes Warehouse, Murderation and Eastern Promise, inexplicably. His best dancefloor tunes up until his last album, effectively. Not a 'new album' as such.

Oh my bad yeah, don't know him quite well enough to know most of the song names, though I did think a few of them sounded familiar. Minor fail there!
Reply 996
this week has been chase & status week for me.. can't stop listening to their latest album.

Probably my best track on the album.. and I don't usually like Plan B, so pretty odd..

And although this remix doesn't have a awful lot of dubstep to it I still find it kinda addictive.
(edited 13 years ago)
If the album is anything like End Credits, it will be nothing worse than awful for me.
Original post by Gob Bluth
If the album is anything like End Credits, it will be nothing worse than awful for me.

end credits wasn't a bad song, not the greatest by wasn't bad

Hypest Hype could be the best song on that album, Heavy was pretty bad

i am seeing sub focus live with DJ Nero & DJ Heist Saturday night so that should be big
Reply 999
Original post by robinson999
end credits wasn't a bad song, not the greatest by wasn't bad

Hypest Hype could be the best song on that album, Heavy was pretty bad

i am seeing sub focus live with DJ Nero & DJ Heist Saturday night so that should be big

Nero tonight ^__^

Quick Reply

Latest