The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
beecher
The B-Complex track on Sick Music is amazing!

Found a sweet mix with this and Sub Focus - Rock It...can't wait to play it to people.
Reply 161
Also, I'm playing in Bristol tomorrow night and Danny Byrd is headlining if people want to come out and hear some tunes. Day+Night club, doors open at 9 and it's £4 before 11. :smile:
Noisia what are pretty good
Anae
Also, I'm playing in Bristol tomorrow night and Danny Byrd is headlining if people want to come out and hear some tunes. Day+Night club, doors open at 9 and it's £4 before 11. :smile:

I'll be there tonight :grin: I drunkenly met anton on saturday night too
Reply 164

Reply 165
mfc20
Mate anything from pendulums first album and before is ace, anything after, get out basically :P

Also cant wait for Sub Focus' new album, i reckon its gonna be monumental!

This was being hyped up over a year ago, seriously nick when the **** is the new album coming out??!?!?!?!?!
Reply 166
Anae

You're probably not back yet, but if you are, how did the gig go mate? I still haven't seen Danny Byrd yet, I really need to.

Alright time for some shameless self-promotion:

I've just finished up a brand new liquid tune called "Knock Me Off My Feet". Dedicated to all the girls I've had a thing for lol.

Click HQ on the video. Actually, best to go on myspace for best quality because YouTube has really ****** up the bass making it muddy.

www.myspace.com/superplexbeats

Let me know what you guys think - hope it's better than my previous effort? I definitely need to get it mastered at some point.
Reply 167
I think it's pretty good, liking the vocals.
Reply 168

Ambassadors 4 is pretty rad
Reply 169
Essence™

Let me know what you guys think - hope it's better than my previous effort? I definitely need to get it mastered at some point.

Sick man, each track you put up on here is consistently better and this one is no exception. Love the A.I style bassline and the vocal fits in well too. Only thing I would suggest is having the vocal drop out for a bit at 3:42 aswell to prevent it being quite so repetitive, perhaps bring in another synth line to build up the breakdown instead?
Reply 170
jonzza
Sick man, each track you put up on here is consistently better and this one is no exception. Love the A.I style bassline and the vocal fits in well too. Only thing I would suggest is having the vocal drop out for a bit at 3:42 aswell to prevent it being quite so repetitive, perhaps bring in another synth line to build up the breakdown instead?

Awesome, cheers. I think my general structure is improving the more I listen to DnB - I think this time last year I definitely wasn't as clued up on the genre. Like you said, I was aware of trying not to use the vocal too much but I couldn't really think of any other ideas. Would've loved to add another synth in there but I don't have enough RAM. I was too lazy to bounce things to audio to free up memory.
Reply 171
Reply 172

I really like the pictures this guy uses on his videos.
Reply 173
beecher

nice tune man really liked that one. think im starting to prefer dnb with vocals now, complete opposite to a couple of months ago, weird how taste change so easily.

that's not the cheeky david beecher is it?
Reply 174
Essence&#8482

I really like the pictures this guy uses on his videos.

another sick tune... do you know which radio station/ podcast that is btw? x

edit. haha im dumb dont worry. checking out that podcast now
BTW anyone thinking of checking out this event next month:

Oh and the day after, black sun empire are in Bristol so might be traveling west for that.
Reply 176
What a great thread finally people who don't like commercial D'nB. Pendulum I'm not a fan they are just trying to get more audiences by mixing D'n'B and indie music or vocals

Here is some proper drum and bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZAQlr6ZZc Adam F - circles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8u7MNG-ug8&feature=related
Goldie - Inner City life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49lW64Wg24s
Subfocus - Airplane

Personally I like Artificial Intellegence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Or6ou6fow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTcOoGPsEe0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkbyg2Oo6Xk&feature=related
Hai guys, new to this thread. Rather partial to a bit of Drum n Bass ever since I bought Pendulum's first album.
Yes I am aware that they aren't strictly Drum n Bass, but I hate their second album because I prefer the stuff like The Terminal.

Other stuff I like includes Adam F, Dieselboy, Evol Intent, Adam F, DJ Hazard and DJ Hype, just expanding my boundaries really. I shall check out Subfocus, any others you recommend highly?
Reply 178
marcusmerehay
Hai guys, new to this thread. Rather partial to a bit of Drum n Bass ever since I bought Pendulum's first album.
Yes I am aware that they aren't strictly Drum n Bass, but I hate their second album because I prefer the stuff like The Terminal.

Other stuff I like includes Adam F, Dieselboy, Evol Intent, Adam F, DJ Hazard and DJ Hype, just expanding my boundaries really. I shall check out Subfocus, any others you recommend highly?

Artificial Intelligence.
marcusmerehay

:headbang:

Love the Terminal. You should check out corrupt souls, black sun empire, nosia and Spor. You'll love them!

Quick Reply

Latest