The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yunghamz
Anyone else very worried about this. The part B part of the exam looks like a nightmare plus i am doing french revolution which makes it even worse :frown:

If you know how to answer part B, it's pretty straight forward...
I'm doing the British Empire for A2 and I have Cromwell left! nooo!1!1
Reply 3
Not the terror! i don't mind it that much though if it comes up, at least something is happening in that period.
hmm yeh im always really unsure about how to structure my answer... any suggestions? im doing origins of the american civil war.... fun fun (!) :P
Lulz they GIVE us the points in the sources. For question one you don't even need to know anything.
Reply 6
haaaza23
If you know how to answer part B, it's pretty straight forward...

I dot really know any structure for it :frown: , we've spent so much time on the knowledge side, which is pretty useless since we only apply our knowledge 40% of the time in the exam.
Reply 7
I'm doing French Revolution as well... don't mention the Terror lol
I can't write the essays at all =) Gonna be interesting on monday
I've not even started working for this yet, I have lost the will. Ireland 1877-1922, anyone?
im doing Henry VIII between 1509 - 1540

I am gonig to die, We havnt finished the sylabus and in the mock i got a C :frown:

and i mucked up the knowledge paper as well :frown:
i havnt started revisiong yet as i have rs tomoorw ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :frown:
Reply 11
Lets all discuss the structure side of the essay that's the most important part. Knowledge only comes into it 40% of the time. Unless i am wrong...
Reply 12
Could you possibly rename the thread to, "Oh no I will fail AS History..."?

(I'm on AQA, doing American Civil Rights Campaign 1945-1968, by the way.)
I haven't started any work for it, I had 5 exams this week with maths tomorrow- no time D:
I'm doing Disraeli and Gladstone :/
Reply 14
fishpie57
Could you possibly rename the thread to, "Oh no I will fail AS History..."?

(I'm on AQA, doing American Civil Rights Campaign 1945-1968, by the way.)

lol, i don't know about anyone elses situation but since theres 4 days left and the fact that i have no more exams left except for this one , i will keep my hopes up. I just need a bloody good structure for it :mad:. thats all.
Reply 15
i'm in!
question b, i agree, totally nightmare.
i had 6 exams this week, gonna use the weekend...but the thing is i don't kno what i can do.
plus my skul picked a weird topic...Churchill 1920-45, revision guide for this is "now available for pre-order" which is gonna be out in september 2009. but I have an exam in june hello?!
Reply 16
Anybody else doing India? I am currently revising by going through each chapter of the textbook and summarising each paragraph. The only problem is that it takes SO long, I mean at least 5 hours per topic (11 topics) so it is going to be quite difficult to finish it. As there are few past papers I'll probs just spend the day before doing one, and I'll use the rest of the day to learn the key facts - e.g. Curzon invaded Tibet in 1904, the Great Rebellion - May 1857, 1983 Ripon reforms, etc.

A lot of work, but achievable. Good luck to everyone else doing this exam.
Yup, OCR and I'm doing the Crusades! I don't know a single person outside of my school who does that topic, and quite honestly I don't blame them, it's bloody hard!
Reply 18
yunghamz
lol, i don't know about anyone elses situation but since theres 4 days left and the fact that i have no more exams left except for this one , i will keep my hopes up. I just need a bloody good structure for it :mad:. thats all.
Plus i dont know how to rename the thread :P
Tzar_Chasm
Anybody else doing India? I am currently revising by going through each chapter of the textbook and summarising each paragraph. The only problem is that it takes SO long, I mean at least 5 hours per topic (11 topics) so it is going to be quite difficult to finish it. As there are few past papers I'll probs just spend the day before doing one, and I'll use the rest of the day to learn the key facts - e.g. Curzon invaded Tibet in 1904, the Great Rebellion - May 1857, 1983 Ripon reforms, etc.

A lot of work, but achievable. Good luck to everyone else doing this exam.

the mod set at my school are, everyone hates India as a topic!!

but i choose early mod

Good luck anyway!

Latest