The Student Room Group

AS maths

hi, basically after having done lots of revsion n past papers, and achieving 80-90% in them, i did the AS edexcel maths c1 and c2 exam and didnt manage to finish the q's and just struggled. If i was to get a D/E/U grade for AS maths overall, how catasrophic would it be for the future when applying to uni's? I would take a re-take in january but would that really help, or would top uni's straight away reject me.(i would probly do a mathematics related course and would hope to continue to do A2 maths in yr 13).

Thanks
Reply 1
most unis look at your predicted grade and not as grade. so, you're gonna have to hope your maths teacher likes you :awesome:
Reply 2
Well one of them isnt such a good teacher and doesnt realyy care about anyone, whilst the other one is a really good teacher who is concerned about my learning, so will it be a case of persuasion?
You don't have to cash in your grades at AS, therefore you can leave universities with your predicted grades instead.
Reply 4
I believe most exam boards don’t actually give you grades for AS and A2 alone, but out of the combined score you get your grade.
Unless the University specifically asks you for your AS grade, the only thing they will have to go by when giving you an offer is your predicted grade from the teacher, and your references/personal statement/GCSE’s.
That said, if you could persuade your teacher to predict you a decent grade, then re-sit the AS exams next year, there's nothing stopping you successfully applying to a decent university.
Reply 5
Thanks, i just hope that the exam wasnt as bad as i thought even though i did leave out questions :frown:
Reply 6
no , you have to forward your real as grades for uni application

Latest