The Student Room Group

best universities for product design

Scroll to see replies

Have a look at BA/BSc Product Design at Sheffield Hallam
Product Design - University of Nottingham
Original post by Exon88
i know this may be a matter of opinion but what would you say are the best universities to study product design at?

Hello there Exon,

Have you heard of Ravensbourne? We do a Product Design course which you might be interested in!
We are based in London beside the o2 arena and a few minutes walk from the North Greenwich station.

The Product Design course here focuses on the design aspects of the products as well the research. You would often be given briefs that will challenge you on your ability to both develop a functional product, but also consider things such as user experience (UX), building user profiles,and the impact your products have, as they often times have to have a genuine solution to a problem.

Our courses are very industry focused with live competition briefs, industry links and industry professionals teaching us. The course currently has a 100% rate of students going on to work and/or study after their degree. We also have an amazing Prototyping room as well as a Materials library with helpful and supportive technicians.

I currently also have friends who are on the course and they have said that the lecturers and technical staff are very helpful as well as supportive. Plus you will have access to the Central Loan Resource (CLR), where you can loan out equipment if you need it for your project, to produce a professional result using top of the line industry equipment. There are also prototyping rooms where you can develop your graphic design work in a more practical manner, by having access to things like laser cutters, 3D printers, sewing equipment and much more.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask! But I would highly recommend visiting one of our open days.

Hopes this helps a little :biggrin:
Michail
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest