The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit 2 AS June 11th 2009.

Hey everyone. This is my first ever thread.

Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the oncoming Chmeistry exam. What they think will come up. What they find hard.

I personally thought that the Unit 1 Chemistry went very well for me. Iv struggled all year in Chemistry, but i cam out of that exams with smiles. Im just worried that they will make this one very hard.
Again, what do you think?

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeh January exams was fair, and I hope this one will me aswell usuaally if u learn your stuff then u r fine. I haven't started revising yet unfortunatley, but I've got a good idea of the topics, so I should have enough time.

How has everyone been thought the mechanisms, my teacher based thought them slightly differently. So how's everyone preparing?
I'm gonna work through the Nelson Thornes book and hope it's enough!
Reply 3
I haven't started revising yet... but it's alright there's plenty of time :smile:
Reply 4
Haven't started revising yet but it should be alright. Pretty sure there's nothing in Unit 2 that I can't do without revision.
Besides...5 days is more than enough time!...I hope...
Reply 5
which topic do u guys hate the most?
^ All of them! I have a special hatred for redox reactions and energetics!
Reply 8
what do u think section B will be on ?? guys ?
My guess would be either halogens/extraction of metals :awesome:
diamonddust
I'm gonna work through the Nelson Thornes book and hope it's enough!

Me too!
ive got it open in front of me atm, so far ive only written the title down :tongue:
Buster_Bunny
Me too!
ive got it open in front of me atm, so far ive only written the title down :tongue:

That's more than what I've done! I haven't even opened the book yet! I'll start at 6 after Come Dine With Me... :blush:
I have English exams on 8th and 10th, sigh! So it's going to be minimal revision for this...I feel a January retake coming on...

I don't mind all the mechanisms and stuff, oxidation and reduction is ok.
It's the stuff about Group 2 or whatever, and also the enthalpy changes and Hess' Law that get me!
Reply 13
antony492
Hey everyone. This is my first ever thread.

Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the oncoming Chmeistry exam. What they think will come up. What they find hard.

I personally thought that the Unit 1 Chemistry went very well for me. Iv struggled all year in Chemistry, but i cam out of that exams with smiles. Im just worried that they will make this one very hard.
Again, what do you think?

:biggrin:

I think most topics in unit 2 are alright but i find the extraction of metals extremely hard!!!!! there's just too many equations to learn =(
Does any1 else find this topic hard??????????
Reply 14
s_a_r_a
I think most topics in unit 2 are alright but i find the extraction of metals extremely hard!!!!! there's just too many equations to learn =(
Does any1 else find this topic hard??????????

Theres like 4 equations? Titanium has 2 i think.
Reply 15
Ahmed_7
Theres like 4 equations? Titanium has 2 i think.

Really???????? because i looked in the collins book n there are alot mre than 4......
s_a_r_a
Really???????? because i looked in the collins book n there are alot mre than 4......

Yeah theres quite a few more than just 4...
extraction of metals i think is hard too :frown:
Reply 17
Buster_Bunny
Yeah theres quite a few more than just 4...
extraction of metals i think is hard too :frown:

Do u knw hw many metals we need 2 knw abt????????
Reply 18
Does any1 have notes on extraction of metals?????
You need to know: iron, maganese, copper, aluminium, titanium and tungsten as well as all the HSW stuff.

Latest