The Student Room Group

The Tier 4 applicants chat thread and FAQ *read the first post*

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, I hope someone can point me in the right direction. So I applied for a UK student visa 10 years ago and did my degree. I returned to my home country and then a few years later, changed my career and have been taking a diploma course that's run by a UK body for the last 3 years or so. Unfortunately for me to progress I would have to continue in the UK, and I have just discovered this time limit cap on Tier 4. The next level is an academic degree from a UK institution, but I am concerned about the cap. What are the chances of my application being rejected?
Hey all, wanted to ask a quick question. There's too many pages to go through, so I'm not sure if this has been brought up. If I have just completed an undergrad degree in Science and am looking to enter medicine as a 2nd degree, will there be any problems/limitations with reapplying for a Tier 4 visa again?
Original post by JanelleJacksonn
Hey!

This thread has actually been so awesome, this process is so stressful!
I applied for the Tier 4 general from Toronto 2 business days ago, I'm kind of freaking out because I submitted an approved loan letter from TD bank stating my name and the available funds, will this be acceptable!?
Also, I'm 17 years old so for parental consent I included the parental consent form my University required, which was a printed off sheet my mom filled out rather than a written letter?

Please tell me I'll be okay:frown:

I applied through Ottawa and had the same approved loan letter from RBC but my application got rejected, the visa officer claimed that all private loans should be in your account for at least 28 days.
hi there!
I applied in Dakar for my Tier 4 PBS visa and I received today my letter of refusal. I am extremely worried because I think there were a mistake from UK Immigration Services.They said that my visa application was refused because I have not submitted my Tuberculosis test. However I am not required to submit it in my case because I have lived more than 6 months in France ( where it's not required to submit this test) and I have left it for less than 6 months ( 2 months in my case because I went on Holidays in Senegal, where I have made my application for the visa). I only submitted original documents for my application. In my passport, it is clearly stated by a stamp that I arrived in Dakar June 16th, so obviously I did far less than 6 months in Senegal.I do not know what procedure to follow and I am more worried by the fact that the actual administrative review they proposed take 28 days to be assessed. This means I will miss 3 weeks of courses. What should I do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi everyone!

I applied for my visa on 1st September (ie. submitted my documents and BRP application) and opted for the priority service route. They said that it would take 3 to 5 working days, but I still haven't received anything from them at all. Do they send you an email to notify you that they have received it?
How important is the credibility interview (the one through a video at the visa centre)? I feel like I might have messed it up. And will the fact that I have been living in the UK for the past 2 years and succeasfully got 2 Tier 4 visas before help my case if the interview was actually horrible?
Thanks!
Hey guys, on my tier 4 student visa application, i filled my date of arrival in the uk to be on the 22nd of September, and my brp is meant to be ready for pick up, within 10 days after that date.
But i wont be able to arrive in the uk within thst time again, please can i get advice on what to do
Original post by Abiboy007
Hey guys, on my tier 4 student visa application, i filled my date of arrival in the uk to be on the 22nd of September, and my brp is meant to be ready for pick up, within 10 days after that date.
But i wont be able to arrive in the uk within thst time again, please can i get advice on what to do

No, they'll give you 30 days to arrive to the UK once you receive your vignette (stamp in the passport) so you can arrive anytime within the timeframe listed. But once you ARRIVE in the UK, like actually step foot on British soil, then you'll have 10 days to pick up the BRP.

For example, i'm arriving to the UK on the 13th so UKVI gave me a timeframe from 5th September to 5th October (this will be listed on your passport, don't worry) to arrive in the UK. Only when you arrive will your 10 days countdown start. I hope that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh thanks, that was really helpful and calming too😅, because i was already getting scared about not being allowed in the uk for my course😅😅
Original post by knifeprincess
No, they'll give you 30 days to arrive to the UK once you receive your vignette (stamp in the passport) so you can arrive anytime within the timeframe listed. But once you ARRIVE in the UK, like actually step foot on British soil, then you'll have 10 days to pick up the BRP.

For example, i'm arriving to the UK on the 13th so UKVI gave me a timeframe from 5th September to 5th October (this will be listed on your passport, don't worry) to arrive in the UK. Only when you arrive will your 10 days countdown start. I hope that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh thanks, that was really helpful and calming too😅, because i was already getting scared about not being allowed in the uk for my course😅😅

Hi guys, refused for my first visa application, trying to reapply, and sent all docs to uni and was wondering if any of you know how long unis tend to take when issuing another CAS?
I need to get my visa fast track to get to uni on time, gonna miss most of freshers :frown:
Has anyone from a low-risk country applied without supporting documents and asked to provide them by the ECO? I have everything ready but don't know why a line of credit is valid, and am hoping they don't check for my financials.
Hi,

I was accepted to LSE on the basis of my IB Diploma. In my CAS the "evidence reviewed" was listed as my IB Diploma. Does anyone know where to get an original hard copy of the IB Diploma this quickly, since they are normally only mailed to schools in September? If not, what document should I be sending instead? I cannot use my high school transcript...
hi guys, what do you write for your accommodation on your tier 4 visa if you haven't received your ucl accommodation yet?
Hi everyone!
I have a question about the Tier 4 type of visa I should choose. I have a full studentship from my university for MRes and PhD and I do not know whether I should choose Tier 4 General or the Sponsored one. The university has not yet replied and I'd like to apply as soon as I can.
Original post by ubermotivated
Has anyone from a low-risk country applied without supporting documents and asked to provide them by the ECO? I have everything ready but don't know why a line of credit is valid, and am hoping they don't check for my financials.

How did it go for you?
Hi all!
I'm an international student who's going to uni in September. My uni CAS stated that I must provide original transcripts for A Level mathematics,economics,and physics.If I apply for a student visa,do I need to provide AS Level transcripts since A Level transcripts include AS Level?
Hi all

I submitted my online application for a Tier 4 student visa on the 10th of July and handed in the document and biometrics to the visa centre on the 14th.
Received the acknowledgement email from UKVI on the 20th saying it will now be assessed.

Haven't heard back since. Should I be worried? Or is this usual for applicants from non-low risk countries?
Original post by Charu26
Hi all

I submitted my online application for a Tier 4 student visa on the 10th of July and handed in the document and biometrics to the visa centre on the 14th.
Received the acknowledgement email from UKVI on the 20th saying it will now be assessed.

Haven't heard back since. Should I be worried? Or is this usual for applicants from non-low risk countries?

Look up the processing times for the location you submitted your application at: https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

If it's beyond what they typically take, then maybe get in touch with them to see the status of your application.
Original post by neuralgal
Look up the processing times for the location you submitted your application at: https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

If it's beyond what they typically take, then maybe get in touch with them to see the status of your application.

Thanks for the reply.

I've already checked, and It states that all applications for the category was processed within 15 working days in May 2017. It's been 16 since I gave the biometrics :frown:.

I'll wait till monday and give them a ring. Do they answer specific visa enquiries, if I use the UKVI's paid service?

Quick Reply

Latest