The Student Room Group

I want a nose job...

Has anyone here had one before? I was speaking to my sister and she said "but I hate my eyes" but how can anyone compare that to this? She can't change her eyes....but I actually have the option of changing my nose. If someone said, oh I dislike my nose but I'm sticking with it that would be on a par with my situation, or even "my breasts". Anyway I am really keen to have surgery but I am so concerned that people will notice and also I am concerned it will go wrong..If anyone has any advice that would be great!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Surely people noticing your nice new nose is one of the primary motivations behind a getting a nose-job?
got a pic of your nose? we can tell you if it is that bad
Reply 3
She can change her eyes with contact lenses... to an extent. She can change areas around her eyes too, but apart from contacts, not much you can do about the eye balls themselves.

A close female friend of mine really dislikes her nose, but says that she'd hate to have a nose job. She doesn't think it looks the same, it's often quite noticable, things can go wrong, it costs a lot of money, and when you think about it, it's only you that dislikes your nose; others probably think it's completely normal! So instead, about 2 years ago, she just started "trying" to like it, accepting it, and she did. It really boosted her confidence actually...

I'd agree completely with her to be honest, as I did over a few drinks!
I want a nose job, too. But to be honest it's what makes you and it's not worth all the pain you have to go through. Unless it's upside down :biggrin:
Reply 5
obessedwithu&rockmusic
got a pic of your nose? we can tell you if it is that bad

Bit nosey wouldn't you say :P?
Reply 6
picturrrre.
Reply 7
i know 2 people who have...one boy and one girl...both got them on nhs...
boys looked good....girls didnt look any different!
id say it completely depends on your own opinion of yourself....if you think it will make a big difference then go for it. but if u think its a phase then dont cos some people hate it makes them look really different and theres no going back!!
Reply 8
Try perfume testing
Reply 9
I think a nose job would either look ridiculous or too perfect. Either way I'd regret it.
Alexander8
Bit nosey wouldn't you say :P?

haha!!
Reply 11
How about being happy about the way you look and be grateful that you do not have a severe facial deformity?
Reply 12
hahaha_dontknow
haha!!

:tongue: I'll be more serious next time.
Reply 13
Sometimes big nose can look hot like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF20uyMTqqI

plastic surgery is evil
Reply 14
not to mention she has nintendo ds' lite in three different colours!
Reply 15
lol...i think you just just learn 2 be abit confident!!! surely your nose isnt thaaaaaaaaaaat bad (Y)
sandro
Sometimes big nose can look hot like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF20uyMTqqI

plastic surgery is evil

:coma:
I want a nose job too. I'm the same though i worry about people noticing that i've had it done-i don't want people to be be like 'oh look at her she's had her nose done!' or anything! Thats why I don't want to have it done till next year when i've finished uni-strange but thats how i feel! I do worry a little bit if it went wrong but then i think well it can't be worse than what i've got now! And it is very unlikely that something will go wrong.
I say if you definately want it done and its affecting your confidence-have it done! :smile: I'm scared though lol.
Reply 18
Great that cute girl that all the guys are drooling over is making me feel even crapper! :frown:
I want one aswell. I'm 16.
And yeah - I feel scared about the amount of time that I would have to have it like in a plaster or whatever.
Also, yeah - I don't want people to notice because they will think I'm fake or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending