The Student Room Group

McDonalds Application concerns? (EDIT: and McDonalds Rejection Thread!)

Hello,
Well today I was rejected from McDonalds!!! :p: Apparantly having 8 months experience in a café and good GCSE predictions does not suffice!

Using that info I believe that I failed on the personality test. Do you think it's better to answer with VERY strong views - I strongly agree/disagree etc?

Also - although I haven't actually got my GCSEs yet is it worth saying that I do have a qualification in English and Maths at A*-C level or not?

Many thanks!

EDIT - This has now turned into the I've been rejected by Mcdonalds thread - alongside my questions :p: .

Scroll to see replies

Could it be for the best?
Reply 2
Ouch. Strong views on what? Maybe they had no vacancies?

Just don't work there :biggrin:
Can't remember how I answered when I applied, but I was honest and got the job.
My cousin got rejected, and when she asked why, she was told that she was overqualified. No, really.

She had decent GCSE grades and they assumed that someone with brains wouldn't stick around for long, because they'd never be a very permanent member of staff, and were capable of getting a better job.

Obviously they didn't use the phrase 'someone with brains', haha. They were like, 'someone with your qualifications' or something.

Might be the same for all branches.

Edit: No offence to anyone who works there, obviously. It looks like a lot more pressure/work than my job.
Reply 5
PeterMcPete
Maybe they don't want someone too clever because they thought you might not get on with the other staff there? :dontknow:

Disgraceful assumption.
Reply 6
PeterMcPete
Maybe they don't want someone too clever because they thought you might not get on with the other staff there? :dontknow:

that's not it.
Reply 7
mcg-innit
that's not it.

It is, btw ive got rejected today by Mc Donalds. it really hurts dont know how to describe it.
Reply 8
Kevin02
It is, btw ive got rejected today by Mc Donalds. it really hurts dont know how to describe it.

how is it that ?
don't be ridiculous...

i work for mcdonalds and there are a lot of different people there. some still at school, some at college and some at uni. one even going to oxford in the summer lol.

so yeah, don't be bitter.
Reply 9
PeterMcPete
It says 10A* in his sig.

It might be, I had an interview at Iceland and tried to be really polite, in the end they rejected me as they thought that I would not fit in there.

So intelligent people can't get on with less intelligent people!?
tomoli
So intelligent people can't get on with less intelligent people!?

Did I say that?
Reply 11
The fact you think McDonalds care about your grades is laughable.
Reply 12
easy solution : forget to include grades
Reply 13
LOL!, im sure your friends will be taking the piss out of you, if they are not all ready doing so.
Sakapaka
LOL!, im sure your friends will be taking the piss out of you, if they are not all ready doing so.

My best mate's also been rejected too :p:
Reply 15
yeah you're meant to put in that you have gcse english and maths.
i got rejected. twice.
apparently A*'s just dont impress these people.
lol, i guess.
i got rejected today too! haha macdonalds rejection thread :smile:

dunno whether to laugh at the fact that i got rejected by macdonalds or cry cos im still desperate for a summer job :frown:
paint-paradise
i got rejected today too! haha macdonalds rejection thread :smile:

dunno whether to laugh at the fact that i got rejected by macdonalds or cry cos im still desperate for a summer job :frown:

Based on what you have said, I have now changed the title of the thread :p:
Reply 18
i got rejected too but then the phoned me and asked me to come in for an interview and ive been working there for 10 months (dont worry im quitting as soon as i start uni, it's just for some money) so don't thi8nk it's over yet lol :P:
Reply 19
PeterMcPete
Did I say that?

You implied it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending