The Student Room Group

Getting a job in sixth form

Is it just me or is it literally impossible to get a job?
I've been applying to places since I turned 16 last September, I'm now in year 12, broke, and I seriously need a job. How have any of you guys managed to get one and where? It seems that literally everywhere I apply I get no reply or I get rejected. I'm not kidding when I say I must have sent out at least 200 applications.
Sometimes going into places and handing in your CV can work, especially local small businesses - that's how I got my job. Usually small businesses are minimum wage but it's better than nothing.
Original post by Xrffyuhstyhbf
I've been applying to places since I turned 16 last September, I'm now in year 12, broke, and I seriously need a job. How have any of you guys managed to get one and where? It seems that literally everywhere I apply I get no reply or I get rejected. I'm not kidding when I say I must have sent out at least 200 applications.

Quite a few places now are advertising for xmas temp jobs. Theres adverts in shop windows (which tell you how to apply) and on websites such as indeed. They might only be temporary, but at least its something for the time being until you find something else, and you never know you may get took on permanent.
Look on companies own websites as well. Some companies such as tesco, mcdonalds etc have their jobs on the careers section of their website and require you to apply on there.
Reply 3
Original post by Xrffyuhstyhbf

Sometimes it takes many applications to get a job so don't give up easily as just keep applying for various jobs with all the retailers as there's Jobs available at the moment for Xmas temporary staff and also look for permanent positions.

Try McDonald's and KFC, burger king for the short term until you find a job working somewhere else permanently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending