The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it's not girly it's just useless and that's what girls thrive at being :ninja:
Reply 2
Both completely wrong 'munn'. Congrats, YOU'RE officially a complete idiot. lol
Reply 3
i would have thought the :ninja: would have given away the fact that it was a joke no?

actually to be honest i got confused between Psychology and Philosophy (which really is useless) like I do all the time so you're right i am officially a complete idiot "lol"
I fail to understand why people think Psychology is useless, consdering that the mind itself is what gives us the cognitive power to study anything, therefore there is surely some merit in studying this thing that helps us actually learn stuff n' brawp in the first place?
Reply 5
why does everyone take psychology????????
Reply 6
because its interesting. after econ/maths it would have been my choice. also maybe because of all the tv shows on this. criminal minds, mentalist, eg
Reply 7
And also I think people are missing an important reason for studying psychology: the world is in (possibly increasing) need of psychologists. Good ones, of course. It's not just doctors who save lives!
I hate girls.
Misogynist
I hate girls.

Waah. No one gives a flying ****, fool.
hermy
why does everyone take psychology????????

Well clearly everyone doesn't..
Reply 11
Luby
Congrats, YOU'RE officially a complete idiot. lol

I like the irony of calling someone an idiot and then saying 'lol' :biggrin: I also like the irony that people are actually being wound up by this thread. Welcome to the internets people!
Reply 12
Go for it! psychology is a great subject (no not girly) Girls only do it bcz it makes them look smart, or they had no other choice :P
Reply 13
is Any one here doin MA in counselling children and young people.......pls can you help me....give a review on the course....i really wanna know how it is????????
Reply 14
MeanMachine
I went to an open day and was surrounded by girls... not that i'm complaining..but was just like wtf :biggrin:

hi,
its not totally girly but it is pretty female dominant field.....especially with things like workin wit children etc....men prefer the industrial psych, though there r a whole lot men in counselling n clinical too........

well cud u do me a favour....can u give me your course details...and pls if it not too much to see if you know the course MA in counsellin children and young ppl....I wan a review on the course...

Thnx....a ton...
Reply 15
One of my friends who is male does psychology and really likes it. He has said though that 90% of the people on his course are female. Whether rightly or wrongly, it does seem to be a subject that attracts alot of females.
Reply 16
Last friday there was an induction day for everyone doing GCSE Psychology, and there were 6 boys (including me) and 11 girls!
I wouldnt say its girly exactly, but I spose that other things appeal more to the guys, for example, I dont think there were many girls doing engineering
Reply 17
I think i was like the 10% of my year that didnt apply for psychology in my first year of college lol
munn
i would have thought the :ninja: would have given away the fact that it was a joke no?

actually to be honest i got confused between Psychology and Philosophy (which really is useless) like I do all the time so you're right i am officially a complete idiot "lol"

i thought it was a joke :p:
Reply 19
Out of my year (15 people) six are applying for psychology and they're all girls.

Like others have said - its not the actual subject that is particularly girly, it just so happens that a lot of people who want to study it happen to be girls!
Best of luck with it and if you go to Kent to study it you might see half my A level year lol!

Latest