The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

explosions hurt
This better be a ******* troll post. Srsly Harvard?

Nope, not a troll post at all. Apparently she took some other exams and got like all A's for them. Just completely out of the blue.
explosions hurt
This better be a ******* troll post. Srsly Harvard?

Fraid not :o:. Thomas talks to some trainer and 2 days later somehow manages to get an atheltics scholariship, and Panda gets a history scholariship.
Reply 382
That was the biggest pile of **** I have seen. I'm through with Skins.
Too many unsolved plotlines and a really rushed ending. I was so looking forward to this week as well, to see how they dealt with Freddie's death but.. just urgh.
Madjackismad
Nope, not a troll post at all. Apparently she took some other exams and got like all A's for them. Just completely out of the blue.

Next you'll be telling me Effy got accepted onto some NASA space program and Cook successfully won a civil war in the Congo.
Reply 385
I was seriously disappointed by the ending! It just seemed too sudden and we never find out what happens to the old generations after the new one. Hopefully Cook did him in, though...I half-expected the police to find Cook and then Foster would have got what's coming to him with all the evidence. And there best be some kind of hints in the next gen or it's not fair. I'm guessing Freddie's sister's the new main character for the newbies?

This series has been so depressing :frown: I'm glad it worked out for Naomi/Emily/Thomas/Panda though. :h: Also, I've learnt to love Cook as a character and now he's bloody leaving.
Reply 386
david288
i feel so unfufilled after watching the finale
i really wanted to see cook mash that guy and some other stuff sorted out, still quite a few loose ends i feel.
is freddies sister gonna be the main character next series? like effe was previously.

Just remember, there is a film in the pipeline. I base this on no source whatsoever but any loose ends here could well be tied up in the film.

I thought it was an okay ending. They took a little bit too long to get round to Cook finding out about Freddie and it's slightly unrealistic that Thomas and Panda both got into Havard. Other than that, I quite enjoyed. I think it's clear that Cook mashed that guy into oblivion. Whether he killed him or not is another debate - I'm sure the writers will come out at some point and say. He also didn't seem very upset when he discovered Freddie was dead.
Reply 387
skins was **** halfway through season 2 so i just gave up. although i do applaud you people for wasting 2 years of your life over the lifeless show
Reply 388
Comm Tiger
Just coz of the ending, since he got expelled and so probably didn't get any qualifications maybe he sticks around? I dunno, I honestly dunno if they are gonna be able to pull off a whole new cast. It gets hard to write original stories based on a bunch of teenagers who spend half their lives partying.

You know what, you could be onto something there. I thought it was a bit odd how they used that shot of Cook walking down the hill AFTER all the other characters including Freddie had being shown and before the credits. Kind of like Effy in series 2?
explosions hurt
Next you'll be telling me Effy got accepted onto some NASA space program and Cook successfully won a civil war in the Congo.

:teehee:

The whole series ended on a cliffhanger of Cook screaming his name and lunging at John Foster. Effy is discharged from the hospital, completely back to her normal self, and doesn't seem to show any concern about Freddie. Just piss poor writing.
Utterly dire. If they were going to kill off my favourite character they could've at least given us some closure!

I don't know WHY I watch Skins, I hate it but it's addictive.
morris743
You know what, you could be onto something there. I thought it was a bit odd how they used that shot of Cook walking down the hill AFTER all the other characters including Freddie had being shown and before the credits. Kind of like Effy in series 2?

Maybe, guess we'll find out in a year or so!.
Reply 392
Comm Tiger
Effy gets discharged from hospital, Panda and Thomas both get scholarships to Harvard, Emily and Naomi get back together, Cook finds Freddie's blood stained clothes then has a standoff with John Foster, he hit with his bat, Cook makes a speech, then lashes out at Foster whilst screaming "I'm Cook!" and then it blacks out.

Lol, ridiculous.
To be honest, maybe it's best we don't know how the others react to Freddie's death. I mean, I'd just find it too upsetting, and we can pretty much picture it ourselves anyway. Pretty poor episode and end to the series though, I didn't like it too much. JJ's was the best episode by far this series, but series 3 with this cast was much better.
Reply 394
I think some people need to take a step back in here! the ending was good if you think about it. Most of the loose ends were tied off. The only problem was Effy not caring as much as anyone else would. However Cook finding the bloodstained clothes and going head to head with John Foster.. would you really want him to kill the guy? If you look at Cooks character near the end he's turned a massive corner, wouldn't you rather he sorted himself out? Beat the guy up enough to get other people involved and get the guy done? Like Freddie would of wanted? The ending was effective because both scenarios could of happened - Cooks awakening OR complete downfall!
Reply 395
It's clear to see Panda was as thick as *******. I can't believe she got into Harvard. At least with the older generation they all got a mixed bag of grades at the end of it. If Effy and Panda got good grades then I sure as hell feel cheated with my A-levels :\
Reply 396
YL_LDN
Lol, ridiculous.

Because obviously a girl who originally wasn't going to do A Levels, then did 1, would totally get a full ride scholarship to the best uni in the world.
musama91
skins was sh!t halfway through season 2 so i just gave up. although i do applaud you people for wasting 2 years of your life over the lifeless show

This is actually the fourth year running now, lol :p:. But yeah, first two series are better anyway, so you didn't miss too much.
Reply 398
I miss the old cast, they were much better and more interesting.
I don't even like skins any more, but I had to watch it anyway. Dammmit
Worst skins series finale eveeeeeeeeeeeeer

Quick Reply

Latest