The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Anyone still following this thread? :erm:

New advert for UK Series 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKa4dTAqE4

I must say, a pretty bizarre clip, it doesn't seem Skins-like. In fact, it actually kinda reminds me of Misfits a little. I hope the show is good though :smile:

W.T.F? :lolwut:.

Yeah it reminds me of Misfits as well.
Reply 581
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Anyone still following this thread? :erm:

Sadly so, although ive never watch misfits so dont really know what thats.

The adverts blantly just a space filler to get everyone talking, isnt it, really.
Original post by dhutch
Sadly so, although ive never watch misfits so dont really know what thats.

The adverts blantly just a space filler to get everyone talking, isnt it, really.

There's a scene in the first episode of Misfits, where the five main characters are all hit by lightning, and they all fly up weirdly in darkness, similar to the look in this Skins advert.

I get that this ad is just meant to be metaphorical, but I do wish they had a better and more realistic ad that actually shows them doing something in the show, so we have more of an idea of what's to come. Though, maybe part of the plot this series somehow ties in with what happened to Freddie and Cook last time, and so they want to keep things a little secret until we see the show?
Reply 583
When does Skins start again in the UK ... I cant wait!! ?

:smile:
Lol, I was about to write comment on this in the big Skins thread. Argh! It's getting on my nerves that they still keep saying "coming soon"! :banghead: I want a date already! And, a better advert would be nice as well. It's already almost mid-January now, are they not gonna show it this month like they usually do??
Reply 585
I auditioned and met one of the girls who's in it now since we had to queue for about 5 hours, I wish I bothered to add her on facebook now </3. ):
The 27th according to Wikipedia/The Guardian
Reply 587
Isn't it the 27th?
I just hope it's more like series 1/2 than 3/4, more believeable.
Kinda looking forward to it, although season 4 wasn't the best.
Also I hope they don't kill off whoever becomes my favourite character near the end on season 6.
17th is the first episode..
Original post by Sam2424
Isn't it the 27th?
I just hope it's more like series 1/2 than 3/4, more believeable.

Yep, this exactly :yes:
I can't wait!
Big it up for skins!

New guys in all their glory
Reply 594
27th. Seriously hoping this cast is more genuine than the previous cast and the series they were involved in.. Either way i'm going to watch it though. Praying for another beach trip episode!
Reply 595
Original post by Stoof
27th. Seriously hoping this cast is more genuine than the previous cast and the series they were involved in.. Either way i'm going to watch it though. Praying for another beach trip episode!

What do you mean?

Cook was the best the show has had, shortly followed by Effie (Kaya).

He made series 3&4 and I hope he battered the guy who killed Freddie.

Surely a few of the characters need to return in this series before the film otherwise I fear the film will be a rushed production to tie up loose ends.

I just hope in the very first episode one of the new characters is reading a paper saying 'James Cook found not guilty for murder'.

If the film doesn't have Cook, Effie or Tony in it, it will be absolutely bunk!!!

Also with series 5, who is going to be the link between the 2nd gen characters and the 3rd gen?

Tony was the link between generations 1 and 2 as his sister Effie was the main character in series 3&4.

Skins is going to flop massively if they don't create some sort of link between generations. It already sucked ass when they killed off Chris :mad: he was easily the best character from the 1st generation of characters.
Reply 596
Original post by jb9191
What do you mean?

Cook was the best the show has had, shortly followed by Effie (Kaya).

He made series 3&4 and I hope he battered the guy who killed Freddie.

Surely a few of the characters need to return in this series before the film otherwise I fear the film will be a rushed production to tie up loose ends.

I just hope in the very first episode one of the new characters is reading a paper saying 'James Cook found not guilty for murder'.

If the film doesn't have Cook, Effie or Tony in it, it will be absolutely bunk!!!

Also with series 5, who is going to be the link between the 2nd gen characters and the 3rd gen?

Tony was the link between generations 1 and 2 as his sister Effie was the main character in series 3&4.

Skins is going to flop massively if they don't create some sort of link between generations. It already sucked ass when they killed off Chris :mad: he was easily the best character from the 1st generation of characters.

I absolutely hated cook. He was so obnoxious. I've still not managed to watch the end of series 4 because it just frustrate me so much. Likewise I'm doubting whether I'll like the new cast either. :frown:

It's a shame because I loved Skins from the start..most of my friends started watching at series 3 so think it's still the hottest thing ever :/
Reply 597
skins USA is exactly the ****ing same as UK skins, same story line, same names, just in a different accent.... waste
Original post by hardz21
skins USA is exactly the ****ing same as UK skins, same story line, same names, just in a different accent.... waste

They got rid of Cassie and turned her into Cady. :angry:
Inexcusable! :redface:

I don't know if I cba to watch Skins. It was so awful last year...
Cook had one of those characters that you couldn't help but hate. HATE. His constant attitude problems just pissed me off and really made the show not worth watching.

Quick Reply

Latest