The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

I stopped watching after the first episode.

I have the other series on DVD but this one just didn't seem very good.

Am I wrong?
Original post by stayd001
Did any of you guys think every single episode was god awful but still watch them all?

Yeah man, it's become a drag. Hard to let go.

Back to topic, I wouldn't be surprised seeing Mini with either the Farmer boy or Liv.
Reply 1382
Original post by stayd001
Did any of you guys think every single episode was god awful but still watch them all?
I actually liked it, I'm not sure why.

Franky and Mini are definitely my favourites from the 3rd generation.
Reply 1383
Original post by Cheeese589
All will be revealed in the movie fingers crossed? :P

Theres going to be a movie? When when?
Original post by paddy__power
Am I wrong?

You really didn't miss much.

I was so hoping Mini would get off with Frankie :sigh:
Original post by Willum Infanta
You really didn't miss much.

I was so hoping Mini would get off with Frankie :sigh:

No idea who these people are but they are probably crap. :h:
Reply 1386
The way I look at it is; when generation one started you had a homosexual named Maxxie who ended up dating James. In generation two you had a lesbian named Emily who ended up having a relationship with Naomi who's bisexual or lesbian, I can't be sure about that. Generation three...? Bisexuals? Mini wasn't sure about her sexuality, probably bi-curious. It appears she had a girl crush on Franky at the last episode of season 5. :smile:
Original post by JHE
Theres going to be a movie? When when?

Yea, supposed to be released sometime in the summer, but ive just googled it now and it said that theres been setbacks, so im guessing the end of this year, start of next year? :/
I watched the first episode but none after that. Please tell me someone died.
Skins bores me. Series 1 and 2 were quite enjoyable, but then 3 and 4 were kind of disappointing, and 5 was absolute ****e. All they do now is embark on unrealistic, annoying adventures, and pause occasionally to talk a lot of cryptic pseudo-emotional rubbish. Rather than being interesting characters like the originals, they are characters who are deliberately designed to be interesting, but instead fail. The ginger one in Series 5 who was meant to be cocky and charming instead came across as annoying and overly loud. The long-haired guy was clearly supposed to be dark and brooding, but instead ended up boring and whiney. The girl Grace who married him was spoilt and weak, Mini was equally as spoilt and had no depth to her character, and Frankie was just a melodramatic weirdo. And not even a weirdo in an interesting way.

Another thing is that they just rip the arse out of the drugs thing now. They never do anything sober; it's always drug or drink fueled. The most annoying thing is that in Series 5's final episode they were sticking their finger in a tiny bag of cocaine and licking it - consuming less than half a gram - and yet seconds later they were away with the fairies. The whole thing is just pretentious, far-fetched rubbish nowadays. Which is a shame, because Series 1 and 2 made it seem as though it was going to end up possibly being the UK's best drama show. Why did they do away with the originals anyway?

Highlights of the show after the first two series included Cook's hotness, and nothing else.
I recently started watching Skins and I love the middle episodes of season 1.

My favourite scenes:

- When Cassie wakes up after this crazy party where there is food everywhere
- When Madison Twatter walks in as a supply teacher with that mad look
- Jal's brothers and dad, hilarous
- My favourite episode is the one where Effy goes to this crazy party and overdoses. I like everything about this episode... The Dubstep music, the warehouse pre-party, how Josh beats up Tony in the pool billiard room, etc...
Reply 1391
The drug use is obviously ott, but I barely notice it anymore. The shame is that I feel there is potential with this group, moreso than the last gen who I thought were quite boring.

I'll miss watching the characters until next January, although not the weak plots. Having re-watched the last episode I thought it was quite good. This series seems better on second viewing (but not episode 2, I won't even try rewatching that!) and hopefully now that they are all a group the next season will be more like episode 8 and less like most of the other episodes.

There's potential. I saw quality in episodes 4, 5 and 8, but I think these writers are poor for the most part. The music is always great though, one of the biggest strengths of the show.
Reply 1392
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s89/skins/news/a313873/skins-next-series-to-include-new-characters.html

New character for the next series. I'm guessing it's Franky's friend Dean.
Anybody watched the new episode yet? Opinions?

Personally I felt a little bit let down but hopefully the rest of the season is better.
Original post by zedbrar

Personally I felt a little bit let down but hopefully the rest of the season is better.

I doubt it. I still feel like I have to watch it since I've stuck with it this long though.
Reply 1395
Original post by zedbrar

Original post by ArtGoblin
I doubt it. I still feel like I have to watch it since I've stuck with it this long though.

i have some booklet which basically says what will happen in the series lol although i haven't bothered looking at it. watched 1 episode of the last series and decided against watching any more
wth, skins is back :lolwut:
Original post by ArtGoblin

The new episode is online now!
Original post by RainPours
The new episode is online now!

4OD hates my internet connection (or perhaps its the other way round). I can never watch anything on it - it's so annoying!
Reply 1399
Original post by zedbrar

All the Franky/Matty drama was annoying, I don't like either of them so I was bored half the time.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest